Home

Third DUI

Posted By: Gary Benson

Third DUI - 04/15/19 07:26 PM

No, not me. Has anyone had or know someone who ever got 3 DUIs and came out of it without going to jail or losing their license for 15 years? Has anyone ever got a work permit after 3 DUIs..
I know, I know, shouldn't have, couldn't have, wouldn't have. Don't need any motherly advice or unsolicited advice. Just wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge of a predicament like this. Thank you.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 07:34 PM

Happens all the time here. There's hundreds of not thousands here still with a license after 12+ dwi's
A few of my cousins have over 3. Some have done jail because of it others just probation
Law here is after 1 you must inflate your car for 1 year
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 07:37 PM

I knew i guy who had 3 but was spred out over about 6 years. He still drove around and all. What got him was the 4th one about 2 months after his 3rd. He is now in prison for a while. I knew a few who got 2 and had to have the breathalyzer in there ride.

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 07:54 PM

I'd imagine it varies from state to state. Nebraska is pretty strict about it, as all states should. This is where being an illegal would have it's advantages!!!
Posted By: Hobbs

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 08:31 PM

I know a guy who had 3 the last two involved accidents. One on a fence and one he t-boned a gal, all three under 8 years, and all that Piece got was a firm scolding, some weekend jail time and breathalyzer to start his vehicle.
Posted By: Whopper Stopper

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 08:38 PM

We had 2 guys over the years that worked where I did. One had 3 DUI's and the other 4. Both had to wear a monitor but they each were allowed to drive to work.

WS
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 08:44 PM

Every state is different.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 09:15 PM

guy here got 3 two in the same week couldn't drive to work for a year others I know of got 1 and paid dearly
Posted By: Boco

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 10:29 PM

I worked with a guy that lost his licence 14 times for drunk driving.
It wasn't such a big deal back in the day.
He drives today.
Posted By: ambush32

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 10:40 PM

A coworker got his 3rd, to stay out of jail and be able to drive after 90 days he went through sobriety court..

This involved 2 years probation, community service, AA, and twice a month I believe he attended sobriety court....1.5 years total sobriety court and no bad report while in the program...oh plus a blow and go in his vehicle...

Not sure if Nebraska has this or not...might be worth looking into...

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 10:45 PM

NE does have the blow and go device. Had that with the first DUI...

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 10:50 PM

Biggest problem with too may dui's is you cant afford insurance after a few.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 10:56 PM

Any DUI on your record, stops you from entering Canada or flying in Canada...................unless a lawyer is involved to clear your record.
Posted By: PSB1011

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Biggest problem with too may dui's is you cant afford insurance after a few.

I sure hope no Canadan faults president Trump for his efforts on our southern border if you won't allow an American with a DUI in Canada,lol
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 11:19 PM

I worked with a guy that lost his licence 14 times for drunk driving.
It wasn't such a big deal back in the day.
He drives today.

Did he drive the train? shocked

Chris

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 11:21 PM

Interesting......then can said subject buy a drink in a bar once he gets into Canada? I'm guessing yes.

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 11:23 PM

I don't agree with stopping a past offender from coming into Canada.Only if he is trying to drive in while hammered.
I hear you Americans wont let the goofy pothead Canucks enter the USA.
Posted By: PSB1011

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 11:32 PM

I don't agree with stopping a past offender from coming into Canada.Only if he is trying to drive in while hammered.
I hear you Americans wont let the goofy pothead Canucks enter the USA.

Thats funny, do they got to declare wether they are goofy, or potheads,or both at the border stop?,lol

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 11:40 PM

Just the potheads(goofy from the pot)
Posted By: beeman

Re: Third DUI - 04/15/19 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I'd imagine it varies from state to state. Nebraska is pretty strict about it, as all states should. This is where being an illegal would have it's advantages!!!

Explain why being an illegal would have it's advantages.

Wouldn't he or she be held for deportation?

Doesn't seem to me much of an advantage.

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by beeman

Explain why being an illegal would have it's advantages.

Wouldn't he or she be held for deportation?

Doesn't seem to me much of an advantage.

Sarcasm font..........seems the illegals get away with murder..and don't have any problems driving around.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 12:02 AM

Yes plenty, most get work permits. Good friend got his 4th? 5th? Can’t keep track. But on his last one, no work permit and lost his license for 2 years and 30 days jail time. Another pal done 2 long stints in prison for 8 or so dui’s, maybe more again hard to keep track. Judge gets some discretion
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 12:03 AM

Pretty much gauranteed some jail time and loss of license for 5 years for a 3rd in Michigan. Of course there is always the acception. Getting more consistent these days with all the new groups fighting against it. Back in the old days you would get a ride home, now you most likely get a ride to jail.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 12:09 AM

County just wants money. If it were up to me BAC would go back to .1 for a criminal offense. A guy ought to be able to legally drink 2-3 beers on his way home from work. If over that it should be jail time. No fines, no diversions, no suspended sentence, jail. 6 months ought to be about right for the first offense. Would hurt the wealthy as well as the poor. Any subsequent convictions double the previous sentence. No need for anybody to make money installing a blow in it device, or the county to pull a license and get more fines since nobody quits driving. Jail. People in jail are not driving. No work release, go to jail do not pass go.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 12:22 AM

3 in ten yrs in oregon results in a class c felony. Jail time and thousands in fines
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 12:28 AM

Knew a guy that had 14 in the seventies, two in the same day, the last one he killed someone spent time in prison and sobered up. Another guy here had about 10 though the nineties never sobered up but had an employer who paid his fines and lawyer fees, and got his recorded cleaned up and obtained his CDL. I guess all it takes is money and a good lawyer.
Posted By: LDW

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 12:56 AM

I know a guy that used to live here that got 2 within 3 hrs. Know another gal that had a blow and go that would sit in the bar all night, when it was closing time she would pay someone sober to blow in the machine. Finally got caught doing that and was sentenced to 5 years in prison.
Posted By: Beaglador

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by run
Does anyone know how to remove the alcohol sensor thingy? Our family has a pickup truck we bought used with one in it.

Pretty sure this deserves it's own new thread titled "how to remove the alcohol sensor thingy" archive material right there...
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 01:06 PM

friend got one in Ohio-they aint messin around there.took about everything but his b-day.

PA and NY aren't far behind nowadays.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 01:09 PM

No, not me. Has anyone had or know someone who ever got 3 DUIs and came out of it without going to jail or losing their license for 15 years? Has anyone ever got a work permit after 3 DUIs..
I know, I know, shouldn't have, couldn't have, wouldn't have. Don't need any motherly advice or unsolicited advice. Just wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge of a predicament like this. Thank you.

Iam asking for a friend...right ? .....LMAO !
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 01:42 PM

Knew a old guy in the 80s he was a fairly wealthy farmer on the edge of town... think he had 17 ..couple were on his tractor.. rode his horse to the bar.. was in prison couple times. one time was said he set extra time so no parole and when got brought back to town had them drop him off at the bar..some people dont want to quit.
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 02:00 PM

Illinois is supposed to be tough on this but my cousin has five so far. No jail. I don't know how he does it. He has not even had to have the breathalyzer to start his vehicle. The last one he said '' a deer ran out in front of him and made him run off the road''. He got the ticket for it anyway.

He was high up in a union here. I know there is one lawyer the union guys go to and he makes things '' disappear ''.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 02:51 PM

A friend (nice guy hard worker give you the shirt off his back) but had to party hard 3 days in a row straight through. Got several 4,5? back to back and his last one was a wreck in which the other occupant got hurt bad. He did 10 years and this was about 1999 in PA. I kept warning him to quit driving innebriated but he just had to keep getting in his vehicle.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 09:10 PM

Guy I know ha 9 that's NINE DUI's, and finally got hit with actual punishment on his 10th that's TENTH. Big fine, lost licence for 10 years and did 6 months in jail.

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck

Iam asking for a friend...right ? .....LMAO !

Nope, not me. Had plenty of chances, but I always lived in a rural area.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 09:18 PM

I was lucky too....Nevah got caught in my youth...when the drinking age was 18
Posted By: rick brocious

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 09:29 PM

I believe in PA you loose your gun privileges .
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 09:31 PM

Cab rides are cheap compared to the cost of a DUI or a Life!
Posted By: David Morse

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 10:44 PM

Only 3? Is he an underachiever?

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scout1
Cab rides are cheap compared to the cost of a DUI or a Life!

Thanks for the unsolicited advice. Everybody knows better, but it still happens.

Re: Third DUI - 04/16/19 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by David Morse
Only 3? Is he an underachiever?

The youngster is only 30.....there's still time.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Third DUI - 04/17/19 12:22 AM

It depends the length apart of the DUIs. Lawyer up is all I can say. Going to pay one way or the other. And yes no entry to Canada. That is a fact. My brother has had 3 guys no entry do to DUIs. One guy DUI was from 10 yrs ago. Most DUIs are becoming a felony. Even the 1st one. MO is an example of the law.
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Third DUI - 04/17/19 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Beaglador
Originally Posted by run
Does anyone know how to remove the alcohol sensor thingy? Our family has a pickup truck we bought used with one in it.

Pretty sure this deserves it's own new thread titled "how to remove the alcohol sensor thingy" archive material right there...

The machine is hooked through the neutral saftey switch. Trace wires back and unhook all and you will be good to go. Don't recommend this if it is installed and active because you are supposed to have it or you will never get full license back.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Third DUI - 04/17/19 10:05 AM

I was denied entry to Canada 10 years ago for a 6 year old DUI. I was told in Windsor that I could apply to get an exemption after so many years and if I had no others I could be deemed fully rehabed after 10 years.
Posted By: run

Re: Third DUI - 04/17/19 11:05 AM

Thanks strike 2x. Those alcohol sensor thingys are super sensitive. We got the truck for a bargain now we know why.
Posted By: WileyKiller

Re: Third DUI - 04/17/19 11:20 AM

Run that thingy in your truck is worth $900
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Third DUI - 04/17/19 07:41 PM

I worked at a Ford dealership for a while that installed breathalyzers. We installed one for some lady once and when she came to pick it up, she couldn't get her car to start. The tech that installed it showed her how to use it and it started just fine. She got back in to try, and it wouldn't start. Didn't take to long to figure out it wouldn't start for her because she was drunk.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums