Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 12:44 PM

A tool?

https://www.trappersreport.com/stor...action-lawsuit-against-town-over-coyotes
Posted By: run

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 12:51 PM

Interesting.
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 12:53 PM

Huh. An interesting case. I wonder what he wants done about it. Loll.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 01:39 PM

Kill the coyotes?
Posted By: beachcomber13

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 03:35 PM

The man's a genius!

Imagine if every resident in a non-trapping state started suing such states for animal caused damage rather than paying to fix such damage out of their own pockets. Maybe the states would think twice about banning trapping.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 03:40 PM

All the stockmen should gather all the carcasses of stock killed by predators and dump them on the steps of their state legislature... A couple of nice warm days and clouds of blowflies might change the minds of the legislators.

Mike
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 04:11 PM

I have long contended that people in states where trapping is banned should be sending their state representatives a copy of the removal-of-nuisance-animals bills to let them know Trappers used to do it for free.

I attended the Snaring, Cage Trapping and DP school in January. One of the things we discussed was what nuisance services can cost the homeowner. It was astounding to me. But the nuisance control business operators have the knowledge, equipment, attractors, have to maintain an inventory of these, vehicles, buildings for storage etc. When you consider what it takes to run a business as a business, you have to charge accordingly. It was still astounding to me, but it is what it is if you want to get the animal off your property.

Property owners who believe that squirrels, skunks, beavers, bats, bees, and coyotes have rights have to realize the cost of removal isn’t cheap. But it wouldn’t be coming out of THEIR pockets if hunting and trapping were allowed to reduce the pressure of animal populations wanting to move under city dweller sheds, porches, public storm sewers and getting into attics.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by beachcomber13
The man's a genius!

Imagine if every resident in a non-trapping state started suing such states for animal caused damage rather than paying to fix such damage out of their own pockets. Maybe the states would think twice about banning trapping.

I agree 100% it’s the same tactic that the antis have been using for years and in this case I bet a majority of people would support it because it makes sense and doesn’t depend only on emotion like the Anties rely on

It’s one of the reasons antis resort to yelling and screaming when challenged because they really have no real argument based on reality and supported by facts

Hope he wins and takes them to the cleaners

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 05:31 PM

I honestly hope they realize that you can't make a policy like the afore mentioned coyote management and expect that to cure the problem. Nature /animals will do their thing! We are apart of that. First lesson after leaving your parents house. The world doesn't't stop for you.
Posted By: white17

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 05:35 PM

I'll bet the court throws out the suit. What standing does the guy have to bring suit against the town ?

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by white17
I'll bet the court throws out the suit. What standing does the guy have to bring suit against the town ?

It reads like he's the ring leader of a group of them.. He's not alone then.
Posted By: white17

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 05:48 PM

So has he been attacked by coyotes ? Has he had his pet attacked ? How has he been harmed by the town policy ? Or is he the lawyer suing on behalf of others ?
Posted By: nyhuntfish

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 07:19 PM

I just figured this might be an example of a tool I've not thus far seen used for trapping, to push back against increasing anti-conservationist activity.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 09:20 PM

White, what standing does a wolf protection group have in bringing a suit against the Feds?
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 09:44 PM

Pain and mental anguish maybe. Can't sleep at night for fear his cat will get eaten.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 10:19 PM

The man's a genius!

This is the answer!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/04/19 10:20 PM

I hope some one from nta see this an if they can help ,do I would donate to this for legal cost
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/05/19 12:06 AM

The man's a genius!

This may have good merit, start collecting claims from people you trap for, maybe one day NTA or an affiliate may want to sue!! A class action lawsuit worth millions? How about anyone attacked by a critter? This could be an idea never put forward by our side, the anti's seem to use this successfully for a very long time.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/05/19 02:36 AM

The guy is brilliant. He must have a good attorney too.
Posted By: pass-thru

Re: Man files class action lawsuit over anti-trapping - 04/05/19 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by white17
So has he been attacked by coyotes ? Has he had his pet attacked ? How has he been harmed by the town policy ? Or is he the lawyer suing on behalf of others ?

Or more importantly....how do you file a class action lawsuit? (you can't)
© 2024 Trapperman Forums