Home

Suggestions on a new electronic crow calls?

Posted By: MNRATMAN

Suggestions on a new electronic crow calls? - 03/22/19 10:43 AM

Looking for a new crow caller.. have the old Johnny Stewart cassette tape player that has run it course.
Thanks for your help!
MNRATMAN
Posted By: D-2

Re: Suggestions on a new electronic crow calls? - 03/22/19 11:50 AM

I've got a Primos and it works fine except for the fact it does not have "death cry of a crow" on it like the Johnny Stewart cassette tapes. I was told that somehow I can get it downloaded onto something
then put in on my Primos caller. It came with 3-4 different calls for crows but not the best one which is the death cry. Other than that I have got no complaints and I have used it for 2 years now...d2
Posted By: trap-alaska

Re: Suggestions on a new electronic crow calls? - 03/22/19 12:13 PM

Hard to beat a Foxpro. I still have my JS cassette caller but never take it out since I got the FP. The louder the better if you're just using it for crows. You'll pay more for it than some other brands but I have never heard of anyone having problems with their FP.

Re: Suggestions on a new electronic crow calls? - 03/22/19 01:18 PM

What crow sounds are on the fox pro?
Posted By: trap-alaska

Re: Suggestions on a new electronic crow calls? - 03/22/19 02:09 PM

You can go to their website and shop around. The free library has 4 sounds and there is a 10 sound package for $40 (Fighting Call, Adult Crow Distress, Young Crow Distress, Excited Crow Call, Mourning Call, Come Here Call, Recognition Call, Fun & Frolic, Young Crow Fighting, Mourning Call Adult Crow Distress). You can also download other sounds you find and load them on your caller.

If I was buying a new caller, I think I would look at the CS24: https://www.gofoxpro.com/products/digital-game-calls/cs24c

Re: Suggestions on a new electronic crow calls? - 03/22/19 05:51 PM

Thanks for the info trap-alaska. It's greatly appreciated.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Suggestions on a new electronic crow calls? - 03/23/19 01:41 AM

Yep
Go with FoxPro
Posted By: RightWayFur

Re: Suggestions on a new electronic crow calls? - 03/23/19 02:11 AM

I have the foxpro patriot.....i bought it for crows.....got all the crow sounds and filled it out with some predator sounds....

I can call them in just as good as any other caller....
Posted By: 50fps

Re: Suggestions on a new electronic crow calls? - 03/23/19 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by RightWayFur
I have the foxpro patriot.....i bought it for crows.....got all the crow sounds and filled it out with some predator sounds....

I can call them in just as good as any other caller....

Great caller for the money, the remote is nice compared to some out there. I use one also.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums