Home

Open fire meat recipes

Posted By: adam m

Open fire meat recipes - 03/16/19 10:15 PM

Let's here those open fire meat recipes.

I got 3 slabs of ribs were planning to cook this week via open fire.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/16/19 10:23 PM

[Linked Image]
One huge steak, salt, pepper, seasoning of your choice, and a nearly dead tamarack fire of red glowing coals. A couple minutes per side, lol. Any cut of meat will work.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/16/19 10:55 PM

I prefer cooking with mulberry. Apple, cherry, white ash, grapevine and combos of those are good too.

Keith
Posted By: gkempf

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/16/19 11:04 PM

Man, A fresh mule deer kill way back in the Idaho mountains. Long hard pack back to camp. Fresh steaks seasoned with coarse salt and pepper. Cooked rare over an open fire under a night sky with two billion stars shining. That’s eating like kings!
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/16/19 11:29 PM

fire. and ketchup, nothing brings out the taste of a steak like ketchup

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/16/19 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man

That has got to be one of the most hillbilly , backwoods type thing's I've ever heard of, no offense. I would never pollute a good steak with catsup.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 12:56 AM

salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, paprika brown sugar. rub it in the night before
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by trapper les

That has got to be one of the most hillbilly , backwoods type thing's I've ever heard of, no offense. I would never pollute a good steak with catsup.

XXXX2222 try chopped sirloin is ur going to put ketchup on it. I'm normally an easy going fellow about what others want to do but I saw a lady put ketchup up on prime rib once at a restaurant and it was all my girlfriend could do to stop me from going and asking what she was thinking.

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 01:21 AM

That's what I'm talkin' about, lol.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 01:45 AM

LOL your man card is revoked as of NOW

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 01:50 AM

Cool set up Les. Hilarious conment too
Gkempf that's always a good meal. Yup it's going to be around star time when it's done.
That's what I was thinking Danny. Kinda want to try a different rub recipe too.

Not sure if I'm going to put them on a spick and slightly away, direct on grill grates etc...
Posted By: snowy

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 01:54 AM

trapper les you make that steak tonight?

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 01:58 AM

Nope , that's an old pic. I didn't plan good in the last few days, so no meat is thawed out.

I just ate some stewed tomatoes with crackers and butter. I am trying to get back into last falls clothing, lol.

Hey ! I love catsup, but not on steak.

Now is the time of year to grill it in my barrel stove with the door open like that, as it doesn't hardly take much fire to heat the house. I'll let it cool down in here just to do that. A word to the wise...do not taint the flavor of things by throwing in some coon fat, or otter fleshings on the previous fire...without letting that stuff burn out good by stirring up the grease laden ashes, lol.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 02:10 AM

I like throwing a thick steak right on the bed of coals. 4 minutes for first side, 3 minutes the second side. Best fast food ever.

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 02:20 AM

[Linked Image]

These are hog ribs. Yes I left a lot of the meat most people cut off for bacon on the ribs. I just use the belly meat for bacon. Anyway there real good. Kept the temperature as close to 200 as I could. I have more. Now that you got me thinking about it think Ill have my wife dig it out Friday to thaw.

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 02:23 AM

Well, that sure looks good Danny .

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 02:25 AM

ketchup, water, cider vinager, brown sugar mollasses onion powder, garlic powder cayenne and black pepper = dippin sauce
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
ketchup, water, cider vinager, brown sugar mollasses onion powder, garlic powder cayenne and black pepper = dippin sauce

+1

I also like to add some of the drippings.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/17/19 02:50 AM

Darn that meat looks good. I just pan fry my steaks really hot pan doesn't take to long.

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/18/19 12:12 AM

Danny that looks incredible. I'll write down that sauce recipe.

Tonight is country style ribs. I forgot to thaw stuff for dinner had to go to the store and I saw they had them for $0.88 lb. Couldn't pass it up
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/18/19 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by trapper les

haha, that was a quote from a movie, and yes it was some backwoods hillbilly lol "waiting" was the name i think

Re: Open fire meat recipes - 03/18/19 02:40 AM

LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums