Home

Ok got a wind turbine question?

Posted By: jbyrd63

Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/10/19 09:14 PM

Ok think about this . Since all these wind farms are springing up could they be putting a drag on the earths rotation ? LOL Think about them like being a wind sock you drag along to slow your boat down, but in reverse.

THINK about it. Maybe it is causing climate change more than green house gases !!!!!!

Ok libetards think on that one
Posted By: charles

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/10/19 09:22 PM

Out to how mant decimal points I are you doing going to take that calculation ? Sometimes the wind shift and could be pulling instead of breaking.

How many commercial and military aircraft around the world doing the same thing?
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/10/19 09:25 PM

Compared to the drag from the mountain ranges it would be a spit in the ocean. Some of the mountains are still rising maybe we should try to find out if there were more seconds in the days a few million years ago.

Bryce

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/10/19 09:32 PM

Gravitational pull of the moon is slowing us down a little I think. Somebody should ask AOC! She will know.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/10/19 09:32 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/10/19 09:38 PM

How do know that they are not speeding up the rotation??
Posted By: EdP

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/10/19 10:07 PM

I sure hope they don't put too many on one side of an island and cause it to tip over.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/10/19 11:43 PM

Pelosi's hot air is causing climate change, not the turbines.
Posted By: Beaglador

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/10/19 11:47 PM

I think if you don’t get your jbyrd out of your hand it’s going to get inappropriate.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 12:31 AM

AS long as they have exactely 1/2 right hand and 1/2 left hand they should balance each other out.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 04:56 AM

Good God I hope this thread is a joke.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 07:15 AM

^^^^^^^^^
Sort of my thought too.

I don't particularly like wind turbines, however neither wind turbines nor mountains create a "drag" on the earth's spinning. Kind of like; even though the earth is spinning at 1000 MPH you don't feel a 1000 MPH wind against your face. Our atmosphere is spinning along with the surface of the earth.
Posted By: Poorcoon

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 08:37 AM

I know that sounds silly. But I would like to hear somebody convince me that wind farms do not affect weather.
Posted By: Dana I

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 12:46 PM

Even a large turbine would create less drag than a large skyscraper or other such structure that can not move to let the wind go by. Heck I bet even a large costal redwood would catch more wind than a wind turbine. They work by wind moving past them, not by stopping it.
Posted By: mskrtman

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 01:27 PM

There wouldn't be any drag from windmills or any other structure. The only thing it could drag against is the atmosphere and the atmosphere spins with the earth. If it didn't we'd exchange air with China every day and the wind would be 750 mph or so.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 01:43 PM

I would be more worried about what the oil industry is doing to our environment then a wind tower.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 02:28 PM

One of the laws of physics is - for every action there is a reaction. How does this come into play. Question is the wind the action and the turbine the reaction or is the turbine the action and what is the reaction? While you guys solve that one I'm going to repack the wheel bearings on the boat trailer. I'm going to be fishing soon I hope.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 02:34 PM

seeins tthe earths flat,you just need as many on the bottom as on the top. whistle
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Poorcoon
I know that sounds silly. But I would like to hear somebody convince me that wind farms do not affect weather.

No idea about weather, but certainly affected goose and duck migration where I used to live.
Posted By: dugit

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 02:52 PM

If the entire world population faced the same direction and took a step forward at the same time, would it jerk the rotation of the planet? Or better yet, everyone kept walking , would the planet start rotating faster or possibly start spinning backwards depending on which direction everyone was walking?

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 02:55 PM

superman can just fly really fast in the opposite direction and fix it.

signed;BATMAN
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 03:00 PM

I doubt that wind farms can significantly alter weather, but there is evidence that they can significantly alter weather radar info.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 03:02 PM

That picture cracks me up , they probably burned $3000.00 worth of jet fuel for $30 worth of electricity, lol !

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 03:19 PM

Heres another on everyone starts running in place the opposite of the earths rotation will it stop spinning LOL.

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 03:25 PM

or if everybody ran to one side at the same time,will it flip over.

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 04:11 PM

I think coal and wood fires change the atmosphere. Seen it it Bejing China.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Heres another on everyone starts running in place the opposite of the earths rotation will it stop spinning LOL.

Only I know for sure is, if you keep wondering your going to get even more lost!

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by charles

For sure it happens over there. What I can't understand is when they closed alot of mines here, we was still exporting coal over there and shipping steel back. We have some scrubbers so why not burn that coal here where atleast its cleaned up some?

A lot of chemicals like DDT are still used in India particularly and China. I guess they have a choice of mosquitoes or chemicals.
I guess they never read "Silent spring".

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
or if everybody ran to one side at the same time,will it flip over.

Hey one of the genius Democrat congressmen wouldn't ok an army base on an island because he said the weight of the equipment would flip it over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XXVLKWd3Q

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
[quote=pcr2]or if everybody ran to one side at the same time,will it flip over.

Maybe there is hope Californy will drop off.

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Originally Posted by charles

For sure it happens over there. What I can't understand is when they closed alot of mines here, we was still exporting coal over there and shipping steel back. We have some scrubbers so why not burn that coal here where atleast its cleaned up some?

A lot of chemicals like DDT are still used in India particularly and China. I guess they have a choice of mosquitoes or chemicals.

OBAMMUR Regs killed the market so coal companies had to find new customers. Enter china.......
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 05:35 PM

People real dont understand natural forces that are naturally occurring in our environment. The power they have are so great that man can't touch them. We worry about the green house gasses we create but they dont even come close to what volcano eruptions produce.

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/11/19 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
People real dont understand natural forces that are naturally occurring in our environment. The power they have are so great that man can't touch them. We worry about the green house gasses we create but they dont even come close to what volcano eruptions produce.

Then we got the people that wont allow a tree to be cut so we have old forest with plenty of kindling, and dont allow cutting any kind of fire breaks. Then hundreds of square miles burn off and then wash away. All just wasted and the smoke too boot.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/12/19 01:55 AM

"Silent Spring" was by far the biggest unsubstantiated fraud ever perpetrated on the American people. I am nearly embarrassed to be known as an American, given the wide acceptance of the myths put forward by that "auther", the originator of Fake News.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/12/19 03:31 AM

Rancher in Wyoming said they had no trouble controlling coyotes years ago, then 1080 poison was outlawed, he said it was canine specific, didn't kill eagles n stuff like people told Congress
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/12/19 03:40 AM

Can windmills localized, aid and abet,...hinder or deter,...increase or detract from tornadic behavior?...something for the ponder thread?

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/12/19 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl

"Silent Spring" was by far the biggest unsubstantiated fraud ever perpetrated on the American people. I am nearly embarrassed to be known as an American, given the wide acceptance of the myths put forward by that "auther", the originator of Fake News.

Its been around since the 1800's and was used in WW2 and they are still using it, you would think by now they would have killed themselves off if it was as bad as they said, I think what they was claiming back in those days the Eagles were eating fish that had it in them and causing soft shelled eggs.Still I think if I was in a malaria infested place, I rather have something that killed mosquitoes rather than Off that makes me invisible, lol!
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/12/19 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by mnsota
Can windmills localized, aid and abet,...hinder or deter,...increase or detract from tornadic behavior?...something for the ponder thread?

Well, it is well documented that trailer homes do, just a matter of time that they will find out that wind mills have sort of a turbo effect.
Posted By: run

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/12/19 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by snowy
I would be more worried about what the oil industry is doing to our environment then a wind tower.

X2

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/12/19 12:23 PM

Seriously? It is people using the oil you should be worried about. The oil companies just provide a product. Heck, don't use it.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/12/19 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
Seriously? It is people using the oil you should be worried about. The oil companies just provide a product. Heck, don't use it.

Speaking of seriously......The oil companies don't "just provide a product". They provide a product and use a fair portion of the profits to inhibit competitive development and promotion of more renewable energy forms. Yes, I use oil, gas, and piles of other petroleum based products and likely will for many many many years. I don't think it is likely we will ever be totally free of using petroleum based products, and that is fine.

Someday we will transition even further to renewable energy sources. It is a fair bet to think the "oil companies".....which are already starting to promote themselves as "energy companies"........will own most of the technology and capitalize off of it just as they are oil now. That said, it would be head in the sand to think these companies are in any hurry to move away from oil.

It just gets my goat when I read statements pretty much exonerating "big oil" shall we call them from any responsibility or fault. That said, they provide a currently very necessary and useful product and service so we should not place as much blame on them as some constantly do.

Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/12/19 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by ScottW
Originally Posted by Diggerman

Speaking of seriously......The oil companies don't "just provide a product". They provide a product and use a fair portion of the profits to inhibit competitive development and promotion of more renewable energy forms. Yes, I use oil, gas, and piles of other petroleum based products and likely will for many many many years. I don't think it is likely we will ever be totally free of using petroleum based products, and that is fine.

Someday we will transition even further to renewable energy sources. It is a fair bet to think the "oil companies".....which are already starting to promote themselves as "energy companies"........will own most of the technology and capitalize off of it just as they are oil now. That said, it would be head in the sand to think these companies are in any hurry to move away from oil.

It just gets my goat when I read statements pretty much exonerating "big oil" shall we call them from any responsibility or fault. That said, they provide a currently very necessary and useful product and service so we should not place as much blame on them as some constantly do.

Happy trapping! ScottW

In all reality you should send them a Thank You letter for keeping you warm this winter and another one for getting you to the store for groceries. The same people bitcin will be the first ones in line when fuel rationing starts. If you wish to navigate in this society, you will have to use fuel and you will NEED big oil.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Ok got a wind turbine question? - 03/12/19 08:54 PM

I give them a thank you check each time I fill up my vehicles! :-D I like to think that one day we will have much LESS need for "big oil". The way our lives and infrastructure are set up at this point, you are right......we do NEED it for all intensive purposes. If their was a better option that would cost us less or cost maybe a tad more but have much less negative impacts I'd jump on that bandwagon in a heartbeat.

Happy trapping! ScottW
© 2024 Trapperman Forums