Home

not watching super bowl

Posted By: H. Fitzgerald

not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 09:44 PM

I am standing strong. This might ruffle a few feathers but when some overpaid football players disrespect our great country and our flag , they will not get my support. I can get the highlights and score tonight on the late news.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 09:48 PM

Your in the good company of real Americans who can distinguish between tradition and reality. Carry on.....
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 09:53 PM

X2
Posted By: Dewey S

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 09:54 PM

I won’t be watching
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 10:08 PM

Better yet than not watching would be if millions would boycott buying anything related to the NFL or the super bowl advertising. Then you would see real results if nobody got paid ridiculous salaries or companies or companies would lose millions buying ad time. I have better things to do.
Posted By: Finster

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by H. Fitzgerald
I am standing strong. This might ruffle a few feathers but when some overpaid football players disrespect our great country and our flag , they will not get my support. I can get the highlights and score tonight on the late news.

X-2 Except, I don't even want the highlights or the score. I just flat out don't give a flying crap. The NFL is dead to me.
Posted By: SwampRat83

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 10:20 PM

Thanks for sharing
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 10:22 PM

Not watching either..
Posted By: SwampRat83

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 10:23 PM

Yeah, what the pre game? Its been pretty boring so far. Little over an hour till kick off!
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 10:28 PM

Not watching! Reading a book of short stories published by Gordon MacQuarrie back in the 40's and 50's in the Milwaukee Journal. Quite the writer Gordon was!

Chris
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 10:34 PM

Huge MacQuarrie fan here! Got the chance to duck hunt with Keith Crowley who wrote the biography of Gordon. Hunted one of the spots he used to hunt, hold his canoe paddle and other stuff.

In the morning we were setting out decoys in skim ice and Keith handed me a burlap bag and told me that it would be good if I would set the final decoy. When I was dropping the old cork Bluebill in the water Keith told me "That decoys hasn't seen water since Mac used it!" I actually got weak in the knees. One of the high points of my life.

Moosetrot

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Not watching either..

Too much beer to realize what's really happening at your ranch lol.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
Huge MacQuarrie fan here! Got the chance to duck hunt with Keith Crowley who wrote the biography of Gordon. Hunted one of the spots he used to hunt, hold his canoe paddle and other stuff.

In the morning we were setting out decoys in skim ice and Keith handed me a burlap bag and told me that it would be good if I would set the final decoy. When I was dropping the old cork Bluebill in the water Keith told me "That decoys hasn't seen water since Mac used it!" I actually got weak in the knees. One of the high points of my life.

Moosetrot

Very neat! I read Keith's book on MacQuarrie last week! That had to be something to handle one of Gordon's decoys. To think that the President of the Old Duck Hunters Association may have also handled that decoy would have made me week in the knees too!

Chris
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 10:54 PM

Its super bowl Sunday ...and you guys are getting aroused handling duck decoys.....something ain’t right !
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 11:01 PM

I am with you Finster. Don't even know who is playing lol

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Its super bowl Sunday ...and you guys are getting aroused handling duck decoys.....something ain’t right !

No, something is right, your just on the wrong side of it.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 11:11 PM

I am not going to let entitled punks determine what I watch and don't watch. I don't give anyone that much control over my life.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
I am not going to let entitled punks determine what I watch and don't watch. I don't give anyone that much control over my life.

Yup! Except my son, I watch a lot more toy story than I normally would because of him.
Posted By: TRAPPER-ED

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 11:21 PM

I am not watching ,I wish ever one would do the same this year , since the two team that are there should not of been , I wish both would lose
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/03/19 11:21 PM

Decoy talk's ovah! Time for some good football!

Moosetrot
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 12:56 AM

Instead of being amused (Amuse: not think, to let someone else do your thinking for you.) by people who want my money for something that is worthless, I went and checked wolf snares, hunted ptarmigan, and had fun with a friend while doing so. I thought for myself. Hats off to everyone else who thought for theirselves today.

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by FL cracker in AK
Instead of being amused (Amuse: not think, to let someone else do your thinking for you.) by people who want my money for something that is worthless, I went and checked wolf snares, hunted ptarmigan, and had fun with a friend while doing so. I thought for myself. Hats off to everyone else who thought for theirselves today.

Did you catch any wolves?
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 01:49 AM

I haven't watched professional football in 25 years or so.
Don't know any of the players or coaches.
I did go to 3 games years ago and enjoyed them. Bart Starr was QB for the Packers, Y.A. Tittle was QB for the Giants, Eddie LeBaron was QB for the Cowboys, Ken Stabler was QB for the Oilers (he was drinking beer before the game) and Marc Wilson was QB for the raiders.

Do like high school ball and especially that the Mason Punchers won the Class 2A division 1 Championship this year.
The lady Punchers basketball team is making a run at the championship now and are rated #3 going into the playoffs.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 02:05 AM

Should we all start posting new threads every time we aren’t going to watch something? Or is this just another “look at me!” thread? Seems like theres plenty of those lately.
Posted By: Marty

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by M.Magis
Should we all start posting new threads every time we aren’t going to watch something? Or is this just another “look at me!” thread? Seems like theres plenty of those lately.

I think...….new threads....yup.

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 02:12 AM

3-3 end of third. Since you don’t care
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 02:13 AM

I kinda miss watching it. I thought about it. But just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 02:14 AM

You’re not missing much. First super bowl ever with no touchdown in three quarters.
Posted By: coytclr

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 02:17 AM

No problem for me, never watched them, so it's easy not to watch. I do not care.

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
3-3 end of third. Since you don’t care

Stay classy!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
You’re not missing much. First super bowl ever with no touchdown in three quarters.

I like good defensive games, though. Ah well, only 7 more months to NCAA starts back up, lol.

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 02:43 AM

It’s been a pretty good defensive game, pats just intercepted the ball.
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 07:32 AM

Delaware Rob, We didn't today, but we scared them off. they were there right before we pulled up. They went into the thick timber, so couldn't track them, they've got six moose killed in about a square mile. They keep coming back, no mater how many have been caught around that area. Only saw one moose the whole day, usually see a ton. Maybe they'll be waiting in a necklace or bracelet next time we check. Surely got my blood pumping to see those fresh tracks.
Posted By: trapNH

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 11:43 AM

Looks like I wasn't the only one to not watch it.
Posted By: Marty

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by trapNH
Looks like I wasn't the only one to not watch it.

smile
Posted By: H. Fitzgerald

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 04:02 PM

As you can see by the remarks in this thread, we all have the freedom to speak our minds. And have our rights. Many good Americans died fighting for those rights under our flag. But when a Muslim raised overpaid bigmouth treats our flag and national anthem as trash it makes me want to lock and load. Enjoy the super bowl if that is important to you but always put our Flag and national anthem first.. If you don't like people telling you what to do, you have that right too. Just like my lazy son in-law and fired people and democrats. America First.!!!!!!.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 07:10 PM

I haven't watched pro football since the first kneel...I see viewing, or supporting the NFL in any form as consent, which would make one a traitor in my eyes.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: not watching super bowl - 02/04/19 07:56 PM

It's your choice to watch the NFL or not. I choose not to. I don't like the way they allowed our National Anthem and flag to be disrespected and then allowed it to become a movement. I do think less of those who choose to watch the NFL, but I don't hate them. I think they are making a bad choice and I would guess they think I am being silly for loving my country in this way. I have never been a big sports fan. My ego is not tied to the accomplishments of others I share little in common with. I do enjoy some college football.

Keith
© 2024 Trapperman Forums