Home

I hope they enjoy my $100...

Posted By: NonPCfed

I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:01 AM

I bought my 2019 South Dakota resident small game (minus federal waterfowl stamp), fishing, and trapping licenses tonight. Licenses ended up being $90 and they charged me two agent fees ($4 each) to buy a license from them. The agent fees are the same if you buy from the state on-line or buy a license in a store somewhere. So, I hope they enjoy my $98 and use it wisely in their work. I can't wait to drop another $100-200 to hunt deer and antelope in my home state. Sigh...
Posted By: Marty

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:09 AM

That's nuts...
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:10 AM

Highest resident fees around the last time I checked I believe is some adjoining States you would get some big games tags for the same money or less!
Posted By: charles

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:10 AM

Can you get a lifetime license? Good deal for younger sportsmen if SD has one.

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by charles

Nope you get a break at 65 but you might need to be carbon dated to qualify!
Posted By: 160user

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:13 AM

From every thread I have seen you post on you would &:$@) if you were hung with a new rope. If it was too expensive don’t apply.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:14 AM

Here in Tennessee our sportsman license is $165 and I also hunt Ohio and can get my nonresident for about the same money so I feel your pain
Posted By: Railroader

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by charles

I got my Kansas lifetime hunting and fishing license as a gift when i turned 16. Best gift i have ever received. That was 22 years ago and the combo cost $400 and now its closer to $1000.

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by 160user
From every thread I have seen you post on you would &:$@) if you were hung with a new rope. If it was too expensive don’t apply.

Trapping, hunting and fishing that's as basic as it gets, big game tags are $45 each for deer $25 for turkey so that's pretty spendy for a resident! What do you pay?
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:37 AM

Holy cow... I pay $38 for a hunting (small game and big game) license and fishing combined in Idaho. Trapping license is $28.
Posted By: hudsonfur

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:48 AM

NY is cheap.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:49 AM

22$ for small game and turkey and a buck tag
A doe permit is 7
Trapping 21 if I remember right
Present is 25$ and right after they made it a tag hunt they closed the peep farms
You guy pay a lot to hunt

Young Lic 9$ hunting, trapping, archery, muzzleloader

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 05:25 AM

I'd hope they would spend some $ on a new rope for me. An old rope might not be worth the show grin

Yeah, I may like to whine (I eat plenty of cheese with my whine) but I thought others might find it interesting what we pay as residents to do extractive outdoor sports in this state. To fish, hunt small game (including waterfowl), trap, attempt 2 buck deer, and 1 spring gobbler, my bill is going to be at least $238 this year. Now, its probably a baragin when compared what it costs to go to a new movie and have popcorn and a drink each time but as Law Dog has pointed out, its some of the highest for resident licenses. I better get some winter mrats caught this month to pay for my new trapping license. Enjoy Minnesota...
Posted By: adam m

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 05:39 AM

$30 for small game and fishing license here + $9 for habitat stamp & habitat management access validation stamps $1 vendor fee.
Most big game is by draw only

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 05:41 AM

Comment from a guy that knows nothing about what increases we have seen in the last 20 years, I cannot think of a fee or tax the last Governor did not raise in the last 8 years several multiple times. GFP has raised their fees consistently every chance they get also, along with that we have had sharp declines in about every species we have lately so ya we are not happy.

If they were going to hang us the rope would be Federal surplus rope and a fee would be involved for that also! LOL

We are in the bottom 3 for wages and the taxes in the past went along with that so ya it's kind of a problem then.
Posted By: JeremyEickhoff

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 08:17 AM

Posted By: Sshaffer

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 09:29 AM

In WV:

Hunting/trapping/fishing: $35 (Allows me 3 bucks, 2 bear, 3 turkey) this sounds pretty good but read on.

The 3 bucks are based on 1 with a bow, 1 with gun, 1 with muzzleloader. You can kill 2 bucks in many counties in any of those 3 seasons. However, you have to buy additional tags to to so. See below.

Additional deer bow: $21 (allowed 2)

Additional deer gun: $21 (allowed 2)

Additional deer muzzleloader: $16

Bear damage stamp: $10 (required to hunt bear)

Antlerless deer: $10 each (may buy up to 3)

To hunt with a handgun: $8

Trout stamp: $10

Transaction fee: $2

There are lifetime hunting licenses: (this only covers the currently $35 hunting/trapping/fishing license all the other license/stamps above must be purchased yearly.
Infant: $402.50
Adult: $805
Senior hunting/trapping/fishing: $25 1 time fee. Again you must purchase all yearly stamps/licenses.

All purchases incur the $2 transaction fee. I try to purchase everything I need at one time. I once forgot my bear stamp and wasted $2 to buy it by alone.

All additional licenses for any of the deer seasons except antlerless must be purchases BEFORE the season opens.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 10:47 AM

Condolences. $100.00 about covers my hunting, bow stamp, fur bearer permit and WCO's permit.

Next year will probably get pricy as I'm hoping to do some water fowling.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 11:19 AM

hunting fishing trapping 75. deer tags (one any deer one antlerless) 65. trout stamp 14.5 paddle fish tags (6) 12.5.

yet somehow they don't have the money to net spawning walleye on the melvern dam, raise thousands of walleye to about an 8 inch length before stocking them anymore.

here in ks its called wildlife and parks with most of the money wasted on parks for city people and their rv's to use. they pay a fee but it is not nearly enough to fund the park side.
Posted By: phsnt guide

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 11:25 AM

Fish-hunt-fur and habitat= $81 in Iowa
Posted By: Dbooth

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 11:28 AM

most of the time the licencing is the cheapest part of what we love to do.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 11:30 AM

live on the PA/NY border and hunt-fish,and trap both states.-as the commercial says though-"PRICELESS". wink
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 11:36 AM

Don't trout fish or duck hunt so I'm not sure on cost of stamps. To small/big game hunt, fish, and trap cost $35 in AR.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 11:40 AM

I feel your pain NonPC. Like danny just said ours are high too. No population=high taxes, and that’s all these permits, stamps, fees, ect... are.

On the upside our trapping regs are very trapper friendly in my opinion. Out west here it’s a mile or 3 between houses, and I hope it stays that way.
Posted By: possumcatcher

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 12:20 PM

I think we are at 35 or 38 for deer and 30 for a turkey
Posted By: Osky

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 12:20 PM

I understand the thought. It's gotten harder and harder to disseminate what exactly the Fiish and Wildlife folks spend their money on versus what they Should be spending it on. We need the good field guys but these divisions of state government sure seem to be getting back/cause heavy.

I am surprised at those costs for a SD resident considering you have a good amount of multi specie non resident hunters and they pay a substantial amount that should offset things.

Osky
Posted By: 080808

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 12:24 PM

Trash NY all ya want but fishing,trapping, hunting (including big game) $15 a year. O yeah age 70. lol
Posted By: Hunter4623*

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 12:53 PM

NJ resident
All around sportsman license which covers shotgun, archery and fishing $72.25
A zone permit is required if you want to hunt permit bow, permit muzzleloader or permit shotgun $28 each. There are 67 zones in the state. If you hunt property in 2 zones, you have to buy a separate permit for each. This is an antlerless permit only. If you want to shoot a buck, cough up another $28 for a buck tag for each season. Bear tag $2. Turkey permit $28. $10.50 Rifle permit if you want to use your muzzleloader for deer and squirrel or a rifle for coyote and fox where also need to buy a permit for $2. Don’t get caught shooting any quail or pheasant without paying $40 for your stamp. Want to shoot a duck, buy your stamp for $5. I live on the border of 2 zones. My total cost for licenses and permits (if I’m lucky enough to fill my buck tags) is around $425 including the state fees. I hunt other states and in Canada as a non resident for less than I pay as a resident in NJ....but I did sell my house and I’m heading out to Montana in May to look at properties to relocate.
Posted By: Terrence j

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 01:16 PM

I average about 160 for my hunting and fishing license and another 50-60 for trapping and I don't get all the extra stuff to hunt in the state. It sure does suck.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 01:19 PM

How much is a ticket? You may want to bring that up - some violations in some states were not much more than licenses it sounds like.
Our licenses are not too bad here in Missouri for residents and really nice for landowners.
Posted By: K52

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
That's nuts...

Originally Posted by danny clifton
hunting fishing trapping 75. deer tags (one any deer one antlerless) 65. trout stamp 14.5 paddle fish tags (6) 12.5.

yet somehow they don't have the money to net spawning walleye on the melvern dam, raise thousands of walleye to about an 8 inch length before stocking them anymore.

here in ks its called wildlife and parks with most of the money wasted on parks for city people and their rv's to use. they pay a fee but it is not nearly enough to fund the park side.

You guys need to contact your State Senators and Reps. and tell them to oppose Kansas Senate Bill 50. KDWPT has introduced a bill that could raise the maximum limit on licenses, stamps and other permits. Fishing, hunting trapping resident licenses could go to $50 apiece. Resident deer permit could go to $100, hunt your own landowners $50. Please contact your state reps and ask them to oppose SB 50.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Originally Posted by 160user

Trapping, hunting and fishing that's as basic as it gets, big game tags are $45 each for deer $25 for turkey so that's pretty spendy for a resident! What do you pay?

Sportsman's license(fishing and small game) $41, trapping $23, turkey $26, deer $34, bonus doe tag $18, bear $44. All figures don't include agent fees which is minimal here in MN, I think it's a dollar.

It looks as though SD is more expensive to purchase outdoor licenses in. We have a state income tax, want to trade?
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 01:40 PM

Wisconsin has a Conservation Patrons License, it covers deer archery, deer gun, trapping, fishing, small game, stamps, State Park access, etc. some preference point species are additional. That cost is $165.00. Costly, but if you compare it to a round of golf (I'm not a golfer) or other sports and leisure activities- I believe I get a nice return on my investment, it's the ante to play the game.
Posted By: MuddyMike

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 01:40 PM

Illinois = ill start by saying this state sucks for so much but they do treat us residents well with the fees for hunting, fishing and trapping

sportsman combo hunt/fish 25.50
resident trapping 10.00
habitat stamp 5.00
agent fee 1.75
conveince fee 2.04
hunt small game,trap,fish = 44.29

deer bow tag antlered and antlerless 26 for both tags
spring fall bow turkey tag 5.50

total for me as I only hunt with a bow is 75.79 for the year.

now there are more charges to incure if you waterfowl hunt, deer gun hunt and turkey gun hunt I think shotgun deer tags are 42 for buck and a doe tag and turkey is 15 for shotgun and im not sure on the waterfowl stamp. non resident to hunt here is insanely expensive heck I bought a non resident elk tag in Colorado for what it costs non resident to hunt whitetail in illinois
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 01:45 PM

Well, now you can Carry without a class or Permit Application...so thats something Good over there!

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 02:05 PM

On the upside our trapping regs are very trapper friendly in my opinion.

Same here. That is a good thing!

I feel for some of the Eastern guys, such as NH, where licenses are still fairly high and there's not a lot of variety in what they can hunt.

Sportsman's license(fishing and small game) $41, trapping $23, turkey $26, deer $34, bonus doe tag $18, bear $44. All figures don't include agent fees which is minimal here in MN, I think it's a dollar.

Nice round numbers. I wonder how they come up with those...?

Well, now you can Carry without a class or Permit Application...so thats something Good over there!

Yeah, that was interesting. I wonder how long it will really last until things start to get nibbled away again. Then again, our "woke" population is fairly low...
Posted By: tbn

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by K52
Originally Posted by Marty
That's nuts...

You guys need to contact your State Senators and Reps. and tell them to oppose Kansas Senate Bill 50. KDWPT has introduced a bill that could raise the maximum limit on licenses, stamps and other permits. Fishing, hunting trapping resident licenses could go to $50 apiece. Resident deer permit could go to $100, hunt your own landowners $50. Please contact your state reps and ask them to oppose SB 50.

Jeez, might be cheaper just to pay a fine. Kansas is such a tax greedy state.

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 02:32 PM

ya'll are tighter than bark on a tree. laugh
Posted By: walleyed

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by hudsonfur
NY is cheap.

Yup,

Resident Big game (1 buck) & Small game = $22.00
Trapping = $20.00
Muzzleloading (1 Buck) = $15.00
Bowhunting (1 Antlerless)= $15.00
4 Doe tags = $10.00
Turkey Permit (3 birds) = $10.00

$92.00 total for these opportunities.

w

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 02:46 PM

Try paying $1,184 yearly on a boat that is used 4 months out of the year.
Posted By: 080808

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 02:51 PM

tbn is that a tax, fees?

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 02:52 PM

I bought a old D50 for parts I looked in the glove box at the old registration fee it was $34 for a small 4 cyl in 2009 now 10 years later the same truck is $75 now. The rate of pay here did not double in the last 10 years but many of the tags here have doubled and tripled in price. Like I said we are the 3rd lowest in income nationwide so that kind of inflation has not been matched by the income to go along with the tax/fee hikes is the point.

In the past I'd have several deer tags last year I did not get any, one reason is the price and the other is the deer numbers are way down and has been down for years.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by phsnt guide

Yep, and that doesn't include any deer tags, turkey tags, duck stamps, migratory bird fees...

I'm sure SD raised their fees to cover the loss of the millions of dollars that used to be spent there by the NR rat trappers, but hey you get all the good rat season for yourselves. LOL

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 03:23 PM

shocked

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by phsnt guide

Yep, and that doesn't include any deer tags, turkey tags, duck stamps, migratory bird fees...

I'm sure SD raised their fees to cover the loss of the millions of dollars that used to be spent there by the NR rat trappers, but hey you get all the good rat season for yourselves. LOL

Yep them 100 people really put the hurt on us! LOL

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 03:31 PM

i smell walleye cookin. laugh
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 03:31 PM

In Pa, a hunting license is around $21. That is for small game, a buck tag, and fall and spring turkey. A furtaker permit would be another $21. A fishing license is also around that price too.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 03:36 PM

I think my biggest beef is the 3 day out of state fishing $37.... many times i have had friends come and want to fish ... if they have a cpl teenage kids its unafordable!!

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by tbn

No kidding tbn

$400 on the boat
$1000 on the 2015 Ford
$600 on the 08 suburban
$2500 on the house
$25-35/ac on the irrigated ground
$9-12/ac on the dryland
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 03:41 PM

I never look at my personal property tax bill. I’m paying on two boats and still have to buy a 3 year sticker on top of that. I just let my wife send the check and try to keep my blood preasure down.

Yes our regs are easy to abide by. Wardens and biologists are doing a fine job. We have ver bealthy populations of wildlife. Politicians are gouging us with these fees and taxes IMO

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 03:45 PM

I never look at my personal property tax bill. I’m paying on two boats and still have to buy a 3 year sticker on top of that. I just let my wife send the check and try to keep my blood preasure down.

Yes our regs are easy to abide by. Wardens and biologists are doing a fine job. We have ver bealthy populations of wildlife. Politicians are gouging us with these fees and taxes IMO

I agree totally with your last statement, and i'll implement your technique of not looking at my tax bill. Great idea. Probably help my blood pressure quite a bit!!
Posted By: Cooncreek II

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 03:47 PM

About $140 to hunt,trap and fish in Ohio. Another $150 to deer and turkey hunt in PA, not bad.
Some would sit in a bar and spend that in a weekend, I'll sit in a tree wink
Posted By: walleyed

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Originally Posted by pcr2
I smell walleye cookin laugh

I'm not biting. laugh

w

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 03:56 PM

laugh
Posted By: KeithC

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 04:11 PM

Adult, non-senior, Ohio residents pay $19.00 for a hunting license, $19.00 for a fishing license and $15.00 for a fur taker permit. So we pay $53.00 for what a South Dakota resident pays $98.00 for.

Keith
Posted By: Wanbli

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 05:26 PM

I've had this conversation so many times with friends and family around the country. I've heard so many PA residents complaining about the license fees there (btw...I grew up in central PA) but right now I'm spending two or three times what my brother does in PA.

Compared to resident fees in neighboring states SD is really expensive. I do love it here but I wish it were just a little bit cheaper. At the current prices it sometimes seems like it would be cheaper to buy meat than to fill the freezer with wild game.

And here's more food for thought ... SD residents have to apply for deer and antelope licenses in a lottery. The only big licenses we are guaranteed are archery tags.

Andy

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by 080808
tbn is that a tax, fees?

That was merely property tax on a 18.6 ft. Skeeter bass boat when I fished tournaments. County court house argued it was a luxury. Would show up at a state tournament and see boats pulling in with Missouri and Texas plates,thought it was a bunch of out of staters,nah just smarter than I was at the time,lol.
Posted By: Ohiowoodchuck

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 05:50 PM

I think the one think that aggravates me the most in Ohio is the game wardens got all brand new trucks, four wheelers boats etc. All paid for by sportsman's but you never hear about the state buying land for public hunting etc.
Posted By: hippie

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 05:51 PM

Ya'll need more NR's to buy tags, that should help fill the coffers.
Posted By: Wanbli

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Ya'll need more NR's to buy tags, that should help fill the coffers.

Actually, SD limits the NR tags in the initial drawings for big game tags to 8% of the tags offered. It's odd how it seems like I see a TON of NR hunters coming through town. And, I always manage to run into guys who claim they've been coming to Harding County every year for the past 15 years hunting deer, but I don't draw a tag every year as a resident. SD makes more on NR small game hunters coming for pheasant.

Andy

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 06:20 PM

Pa. charges NR's 5x what a resident pays, which is only 20 something, so it doesn't take many NR's to help pay the bills.

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 06:21 PM

and we have nicer muskrats.

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 06:22 PM

laugh
Posted By: teepee2

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 07:15 PM

For a sportsman in Iowa to engage in the outdoors hunting, fishing, trapping, this includes waterfowl, 1 deer, 1turkey 157.50. Additional deer [doe tags] 28.50 for the first one 13.00 for any more [if available], 24.50 for a second turkey tag. For hikers, birdwatchers, kayakers and the such, that enjoy the outdoors and the services the DNR provides such as bike trails, hiking trails and water trails 0.00. confused

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 07:28 PM

we can watch birds for free here too ... even breathfresh air n/c

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pawnee
Originally Posted by tbn

No kidding tbn

$400 on the boat
$1000 on the 2015 Ford
$600 on the 08 suburban
$2500 on the house
$25-35/ac on the irrigated ground
$9-12/ac on the dryland

Originally Posted by Pawnee
[quote=tbn]Try paying $1,184 yearly on a boat that is used 4 months out of the year.

That’s ridiculous. $20 for 2 year registration on a boat here. Trailers are $20 for 2 years. $100 for truck, less than that for car. I got lifetime plates for my Chevelles for $150 each.
Posted By: BillyTraps

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 08:05 PM

Hope this makes some of you feel better about your licenses and fees. https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/#/application/help?tab=3&subTab=-1

Fee Schedule
The license fees below include all State Fees and Dealer Fees
License year is defined as April 1 to March 31, except for items that are valid for 365 from date of purchase. Items with a calendar license year are noted with (*)
(Dealer fee totals may vary depending on the number of license products purchased together.)

Fishing & Shellfish
LICENSE TYPES RESIDENT(AGED 16-69) NON-RESIDENT RESIDENT SENIOR (AGED 70+) YOUTH(AGED 15) RESIDENT DISABLED* NON-RESIDENT DISABLED VETERAN*
Annual Freshwater $29.50 $84.50 $7.50 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo
Annual Saltwater $30.05 $59.75 $8.05 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo
Annual Shellfish/Seaweed $17.40 $36.10 $7.50 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo $35.00
Annual Combo Fishing/Shellfish $55.35 $124.65 $19.05 $8.05 $11.35 $55.35
Annual Fish Washington $79.62 ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
1-Day FW/SW/Shellfish $11.35 $20.15 $11.35 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo $20.15
1-Day FW/SW/Shellfish - Active Duty Military ---- $11.35 ---- ---- ---- ---
2-Day FW/SW/Shellfish $15.75 $28.95 $15.75 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo $28.95
2-Day FW/SW/Shellfish - Active Duty Military ---- $15.75 ---- ---- ---- ---
3-Day FW/SW/Shellfish $19.05 $35.55 $19.05 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo $35.55
3-Day FW/SW/Shellfish - Active Duty Military ---- $19.05 ---- ---- ---- ---
Annual Razor Clam $14.10 $21.80 $14.10 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo $21.80
3-day Razor Clam $9.70 $9.70 $9.70 $9.70 $9.70 $9.70
Catch Record Cards 1st card free, additional cards $12.60/each
Non Reporting Crab Admin Penalty $10.00 $10.00 $10.00 $10.00 $10.00 $10.00
Two-pole Endorsement $14.80 $14.80 $6.00 $14.80 $14.80 $14.80
Columbia River Salmon/Steelhead Endorsement $8.75 $8.75 $7.10 $7.10 $8.75 $8.75
Puget Sound Crab Endorsement $8.75 $8.75 $8.75 $8.75 $8.75 $8.75
Puget Sound Crab Endorsement on I-3 Day Temp. $3.80 $3.80 $3.80 ---- ---- $3.80
Hunting
LICENSE TYPES RESIDENT NON-RESIDENT RESIDENT SENIOR YOUTH UNDER 16 RESIDENT DISABLED* NON-RESIDENT DISABLED VETERAN*
Big Game
Deer+Elk+Bear+Cougar License $95.50 $860.00 $95.50 $46.00 $46.00 $95.50
Deer+Elk+Bear+Cougar License W/discounted Small game license *** $117.50 $956.80 $117.50 $54.80 $54.80 $117.50
Deer+Elk License $84.50 $739.00 $84.50 $40.50 $40.50 $84.50
Deer+Elk License W/discounted Small game license *** $106.50 $835.80 $106.50 $49.30 $49.30 $106.50
Deer License $44.90 $434.30 $44.90 $21.80 $21.80 $44.90
Deer License W/discounted Small game license *** $66.90 $531.10 $66.90 $30.60 $30.60 $66.90
Elk License $50.40 $497.00 $50.40 $21.80 $21.80 $50.40
Elk License W/discounted Small game license*** $72.40 $593.80 $72.40 $30.60 $30.60 $72.40
Bear License $24.00 $222.00 $24.00 $13.00 $13.00 $24.00
Bear License W/discounted Small game license *** $46.00 $318.80 $46.00 $21.80 $21.80 $46.00
Cougar License $24.00 $222.00 $24.00 $13.00 $13.00 $24.00
Cougar License W/discounted Small game license *** $46.00 $318.80 $46.00 $21.80 $21.80 $46.00
Moose (Random Drawing) $332.00 $1,652.00 $332.00 $57.00 $332.00 $1,652.00
Mountain Goat (Random Drawing) $332.00 $1,652.00 $332.00 $57.00 $332.00 $1,652.00
Bighorn Sheep (Random Drawing) $332.00 $1,652.00 $332.00 $57.00 $332.00 $1,652.00
Mulitple Season Deer Tag $139.10 $139.10 $139.10 $139.10 $139.10 $139.10
Multiple Season Elk Tag $182.00 $182.00 $182.00 $182.00 $182.00 $182.00
2nd Black Bear License $24.00 $222.00 $24.00 $13.00 $13.00 $24.00
2nd Deer Tag (only available by Special Permit) $43.40 $252.40 $43.50 $22.50 $43.40 $252.40
2nd Elk Tag (only available by Special Permit) $22.50 $341.50 $22.50 $22.50 $22.50 $341.50
2nd Elk Tag ( Incentive Elk and 3911 Elk Area) $22.50 $341.50 $22.50 $22.50 $22.50 $341.50
Non-Reporting Administrative Penalty $10.00 $10.00 $10.00 $10.00 $10.00 $10.00
Special Hunt Permit Applications $7.10 $110.50 $7.10 $3.80 $7.10 $110.50
Special Hunt Permit Application - Quality **** $13.70 $110.50 $13.70 $3.80 $13.70 $110.50
Multiple Season Permit Applications $7.10 $110.50 $7.10 $3.80 $7.10 $110.50
Small Game
Small Game $40.50 $183.50 $40.50 $18.50 $18.50 $40.50
Small Game Discount *** $22.00 $96.80 $22.00 $8.80 $8.80 $22.00
3-Day Small Game ---- $68.00 ---- ---- ---- ---
Turkey Tag #1 $15.90 $44.50 $15.90 FREE $15.90 $44.50
Additional Turkey Tags $15.90 $66.50 $15.90 $11.50 $15.90 $66.50
Migratory Bird Permit $17.00 $17.00 $17.00 FREE $17.00 $17.00
Western WA Pheasant Permit $84.50 $167.00 $84.50 $40.50 $40.50 $84.50
Western WA Pheasant-3 Day Permit $40.50 $79.00 $40.50 ---- $40.50 $40.50
Migratory Bird Authorization $13.20 $13.20 $13.20 $3.30 $13.20 $13.20
Special Hunt Permit Applications-Turkey $7.10 $110.50 $7.10 $3.80 $7.10 $110.50
Raffle Tickets
RAFFLE TICKET TYPES RESIDENT NON-RESIDENT RESIDENT SENIOR YOUTH UNDER 16 RESIDENT DISABLED* NON-RESIDENT DISABLED VETERAN*
Deer, Elk, Moose & Mountain Goat ** $6.00 $6.00 $6.00 $6.00 $6.00 $6.00
Bighorn Sheep ** $11.50 $11.50 $11.50 $11.50 $11.50 $11.50
Multi Species 3 (NE, SC, NC, 3 Deer) ** $17.00 $17.00 $17.00 $17.00 $17.00 $17.00
Multi Species 4 (SE) ** $22.50 $22.50 $22.50 $22.50 $22.50 $22.50
Discover Pass
DISCOVER PASS TYPES RESIDENT NON-RESIDENT RESIDENT SENIOR YOUTH UNDER 16 RESIDENT DISABLED* NON-RESIDENT DISABLED VETERAN*
Discover Pass $35.00 $35.00 $35.00 $35.00 $35.00 $35.00
One-day Discover Pass $11.50 $11.50 $11.50 $11.50 $11.50 $11.50
Specialized Licenses — Commercial
MISC. COMMERCIAL LICENSES RESIDENT NON-RESIDENT RESIDENT SENIOR YOUTH RESIDENT DISABLED* NON-RESIDENT DISABLED VETERAN*
Taxidermy(*) $200.00 $200.00 $200.00 $200.00 $200.00 $200.00
Trappers $41.60 $200.00 $41.60 $18.50 $41.60 $200.00
Fur Dealer(*) $200.00 $200.00 $200.00 $200.00 $200.00 $200.00
AIS Prevention Permit - Non-Resident Registered Vessel N/A $24.00 N/A N/A N/A N/A
AIS Prevention Permit - Seaplane $24.00 $24.00 N/A N/A N/A N/A
AIS Prevention Permit - Commercial Transporter of Vessels $24.00 $24.00 N/A N/A N/A N/A
Individual Crewmember License (*) $40.50 $123.00 $40.50 $40.50 $40.50 $40.50
Albacore Tuna Crewmember (*) See Individual Crew License $40.50 N/A N/A N/A N/A
Duplicate Fees
License $9.70
Transport Tag $8.20
Catch Record Cards $12.10
Age Classifications
Senior Fishing (Resident) 70 +
Youth Fishing 15 * Under 15: A License is not required, Catch Record Card and PS Crab End required at no cost.
Youth Hunting Under 16
Maximum Dealer Fee
Dealer fee totals may vary depending on the number of license products purchased together.
Dealer fees listed below are the maximum per product.
License Documents & Discover Pass $2.00 Charter Stamps $2.00
Columbia River Salmon/Steelhead Endorsement $0.50 One-day Discover Pass $0.50
Two-pole Endorsement $0.50 Transport Tag $0.50
Catch Record Card $0.50 Special Hunt Permit Application $0.50
Specialized Licenses-Commercial $2.00 Multiple Season Permit Application $0.50
*DEFINING DISABLED HUNTERS AND FISHERS
RCW 77.32.480 Reduced rate licenses.

Upon approved disability application, combination fishing and hunting licenses shall be issued at a reduced or Resident rate for the following individuals:

A resident sixty-five years old or older who is an honorably discharged veteran of the United States armed forces having a service-connected disability;
A resident who is an honorably discharged veteran of the United States armed forces with a thirty percent or more service-connected disability;
A resident with a disability who permanently uses a wheelchair;
A resident who is blind or visually impaired; and
A resident with a developmental disability as defined in RCW 71A.10.020 with documentation of the disability certified by a physician licensed to practice in this state.
A Non Resident who qualify under 1 and 2 above as a Disabled Veteran shall be issued a combination fishing license and/or any hunting license at the same cost charged to a nondisabled Washington resident for the same license.
** Raffle Tickets can only be purchased at a License Dealer location

*** To receive the discounted rate for small game, the small game licenses must be purchased at the same time as a big game license package is purchased.

**** Special Hunt Applications that are in the categories "Quality Elk," "Quality Deer," "Any Moose", "Any Ram" and "Goat"

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 08:45 PM

Wow Billy Traps.....somewhere in there is probably fees for the oxygen you breath....

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 09:01 PM

thats ruff billy might want to consult with your lawyer to see if your legal?
Posted By: nt2

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 09:33 PM

Watch Kansas Senate bill 50. It would allow changes in fees up to the numbers shown:

g game permits
Resident (other than elk permit): maximum $100
Nonresident (other than elk permit): maximum $400 $600
Elk permit: maximum $350 $500
Nonresident mule deer stamp: maximum $150 $250
Nonresident applications: maximum $25 $40
Combination hunting and fishing licenses
Resident: maximum $50 $100
Lifetime: maximum $1,000 $1,500; or 8 quarterly payments, each
maximum $150 $187.50
Nonresident: maximum $200 $300
Commercial dog training permits: maximum $25
Commercial guide permit or associate guide permit
Resident: maximum $250
Nonresident: maximum $1,000
Commercial harvest or dealer permits: maximum $200
Commercial prairie rattlesnake harvesting permits
Resident or nonresident with valid hunting license: maximum $5
Resident or nonresident nonfirearm without valid hunting license:
maximum $20
Controlled shooting area operator license: maximum $400
Duplicate licenses, permits, stamps and other issues of the department:
maximum $10 $20
Falconry
Permits: maximum $300
Examinations: maximum $100
SB 50 2
Field trial permits: maximum $25 $50
Fishing licenses
Resident: maximum $25 $50
Lifetime: maximum $500 $750; or 8 quarterly payments, each
maximum $75 $93.75
Nonresident: maximum $75 $100
Five-day nonresident: maximum $25 $50
Institutional group: maximum $200
Special nonprofit group: maximum $200
Twenty-four-hourCalendar day: maximum $10 $20
Fur dealer licenses: maximum $600
Resident: maximum $200
Nonresident: maximum $400
Furharvester licenses
maximum $75 $93.75
Nonresident: maximum $400 $500
Game breeder permits: maximum $15 $50
HandicappedDisability hunting and fishing permits: maximum $5
Hound trainer-breeder running permits: maximum $25
Hunting licenses
maximum $75 $93.75
Nonresident 16 or more years of age: maximum $125 $200
Nonresident under 16 years of age: maximum $75 $100
Controlled shooting area: maximum $25 $50
Forty-eight-hour waterfowl permits: maximum $25
Migratory waterfowl habitat stamps: maximum $8 $20
Mussel fishing licenses: maximum $1,500
Resident: maximum $200
Nonresident: maximum $1,500
Rabbit permits
Live trapping: maximum $200
Shipping: maximum $400
Raptor propagation permits: maximum $100
Rehabilitation permits: maximum $50
Scientific, educational or exhibition permits: maximum $10 $25
Wildlife damage control permits: maximum $10
Wildlife importation permits: maximum $10 $25
Wild turkey permits
Resident: maximum $100
Posted By: K52

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 10:51 PM

I contacted my Senator and asked him to vote against Kansas SB 50 and he is against this bill, I hope the rest of the Kansas guys will do the same and defeat this bill.
Posted By: ou812

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2
For a sportsman in Iowa to engage in the outdoors hunting, fishing, trapping, this includes waterfowl, 1 deer, 1turkey 157.50. Additional deer [doe tags] 28.50 for the first one 13.00 for any more [if available], 24.50 for a second turkey tag. For hikers, birdwatchers, kayakers and the such, that enjoy the outdoors and the services the DNR provides such as bike trails, hiking trails and water trails 0.00. confused

So become a non consumptive user of the resources. I think, all things considered, it a reasonable fee.
Posted By: Castormound

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 11:29 PM

Bought my lifetime hunting/fishing and habitat stamp about 15 years ago for $50 each, pretty (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) good investment. Big game licenses are all bought separate, not expensive at all. I think the furbearer license was $42 this year, even a crappy coyote pays for that:)

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 11:30 PM

I know a guy thats a multi million air... he lived with his mom and dad all his life and they had a very successful business.... i knew he liked to fish as id see him at the jim river from time to time..... i seen him at court house one day we were in line getting liscense plates.... i asked how the fishing, he went into a rant cause he turned 62 and didnt get senior discount till 65.... so he was going to wait till then.... sheesh cheat ya self outta 3 years of fishing to save a few bucks..
Posted By: Twogunwilly

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by hudsonfur
NY is cheap.

Shhh, don't tell that money & gun grabbing commie governor.

Second thought he already knows because they had to drop the price to get hunters back. There was a big boycott after the UN-safe act. Non-resident now includes small game & a bear tag for I think $100., big drop.

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/01/19 11:58 PM

Our Pa. doe tags are only $6.90.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/02/19 01:25 AM

I think my fish permit was $28 and an ink cartridge to print it off was $38. I could fall in a barrel of boobs and come out sucking my thumb.
What gets me, is most places a guy hunts, traps, fishes, is private property and the state really has nothing to do with managing any of it.

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/02/19 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I think my fish permit was $28 and an ink cartridge to print it off was $38. I could fall in a barrel of boobs and come out sucking my thumb.
What gets me, is most places a guy hunts, traps, fishes, is private property and the state really has nothing to do with managing any of it.

lol thats bad luck

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/02/19 03:15 AM

$1000 on the 2015 Ford

It costs you guys a grand a year to license a pick-up truck in KS...?

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/02/19 03:18 AM

BillyTraps- That list you presented is at least the self-preservation of about half a dozen bureaucrats. You wonder how they sit around a table and think up various seasons and what they "should" cost. Good luck at keeping sane out there.

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/02/19 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
$1000 on the 2015 Ford

It costs you guys a grand a year to license a pick-up truck in KS...?

Pretty much if it is fairy new. The wifes Buick Verano was 600 something when she bought it, And yes we pay yearly and dearly.

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/02/19 09:14 PM

Pretty much if it is fairy new. The wifes Buick Verano was 600 something when she bought it, And yes we pay yearly and dearly.

Wow, I guess! Then again, we haven't bought anything newer than 6 years old recently (2 years ago). I live a sheltered life from newer vehicles.

What if the pick-up was used mostly for commercial use? Would your state peeps stiff you at a higher rate or would it be about the same? At least that license could be itemized on your fed taxes (last year anyway before they jacked the standard deductions) and you'd get a little relief (maybe).

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/04/19 08:24 PM

I have had a fair to poor population of birds in my slough... seen about 20 hens so i been feeding some cracked corn. just got off phone w warden asking if they had any feed i could get... nothing available...... if they are going to do anything at all to help population they should subsidize the birds in times like this... everything is drifted in hard and cold... to be honest i might have lost them in this last cold snap as havent seen any last cpl days.
Posted By: guf54

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/04/19 10:17 PM

When I read your post I thought "Dang that sounds pretty cheap" so I looked up the Nebraska permit costs.

Hunt- $18
Fish- $38
Trap- $18
Habitat Stamp- $25
State waterfowl stamp- $10

Total = $109. You gotta pay to play

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/04/19 10:20 PM

Yeah, you've guys up north have had a much tougher winter (as usual) than us down here almost in Iowa land. The potential for the worse killing weather is typically yet to come. The pheassies, like yours, have been geetting hammered and go into the end of winter in poor shape. Then one of 1-2 punches comes in with wet snow or drizzle first and then the a deep cold spell. The birds either suffocate when their nostrils freeze shut and/or they simply freeze to death because they have no reserve left. The coyotes might eat well in late Feb or March...
Posted By: Wife

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/05/19 03:26 PM

A hunting (small game),fishing, and furharvesting permit in your neighboring Nebraska is higher in price for residents (you will need both a Habitat Stamp for upland game and fish to make your permits valid,,, other stamps optional for ducks, trout etc.) and I'm 65 with no break on price.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/05/19 11:32 PM

Its ALL about how much money they can siphon out of sportsman's pockets.

We have 7 deer seasons here in Michigan. The first is in the latter of September for youth and disabled Vets.

When Rifle season comes the deer are already spooked beyond belief.

And the DNR just cut out baiting for this year and beyond.

They wonder WHY there a re fewer licenses sold each year! DUH!
Posted By: 3togo

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/05/19 11:50 PM

Good thing this isn't about non-resident pricing. Also, all of the trucks, salaries, benefits, state pensions, etc come out of license fees and general fund taxes. I'm not protecting anybody, just stating. I grew up in NY. Pretty good hunting, trapping, and fishing. Lack of jobs, high taxes, and bad weather drive people away. Yes, we will include the Democrats.
Posted By: strike2x

Re: I hope they enjoy my $100... - 02/06/19 12:23 AM

I remember buying a sportsman license when I was younger. Get everything for 20 bucks I thought no it was. Now days I spend about 150 for all my licenses and tags. More if I draw a special hunt.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums