Home

FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK

Posted By: GFW - GROENEWOLD

FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/15/18 01:06 AM

Go take a look at Gary rock on coon in the fur truck.

https://www.facebook.com/GFWCO/videos/10211462031419590/
Posted By: madcotrappwr

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/15/18 01:28 AM

Neat video
Posted By: Nodak63

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/15/18 02:06 AM

Didn’t watch it all but what I saw was pretty interesting. Good info.
Posted By: TRAPPER-ED

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/15/18 03:17 AM

nothing has changed buyers do not want your early blue coons , here in Missouri your season starts tomorrow to early in my book to trap anything .
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/15/18 03:28 AM

Thanks for posting.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/15/18 04:19 AM

Awesome
Posted By: cfowler

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/15/18 04:43 AM

I found it interesting. I've been to a gfw stop at Moberly, Mo a couple years ago, just to watch. It's a fast process. Need to know what you got and present it well. Same as selling anything else you place a value in. Better goods bring better prices. I'd say that video presented a fair representation of the current market. I'm gonna focus on prime fur myself. Be after Thanksgiving before I start. Considering December 1st. Just no market for the small blue skinned critters. Just gonna trap harder when I start.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/15/18 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by GFW - GROENEWOLD
Go take a look at Gary rock on coon in the fur truck.

https://www.facebook.com/GFWCO/videos/10211462031419590/

Could you (PLEASE) post this on some other Internet medium so those of us that don't use facebook can view it ?

Thanks.

walleyed
Posted By: Pike River

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/15/18 06:33 PM

You don't need Facebook in order to view it. I don't think have one and I could watch the video. Not really missing anything. IMO
Posted By: N.Roberts

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/15/18 07:07 PM

Thought this was great. Very cool set up.

Who fleshes all those green coon? Those were nice looking coon.
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/15/18 09:19 PM

Good video and great information. Thanks for posting.

B
Posted By: Traps R Us

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/15/18 09:31 PM

very nice video, gives you good insight on what Groney is doing and what he's looking for!
Pretty much the same I saw live in Watertown last weekend. He's a good guy and treats you fairly.

question to GWF, you told me to skin my coons I sold in the round. Do you prefer them green or put up and dried?
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/16/18 10:49 AM

Traps R Us,
That's always been my experience, The best part about this business model is - if you believe you have a better command on market trends or you're a better fur grader- don't sell and leave with your fur. I hear grumbling but rarely have I seen someone pick-up their marbles and leave.
Posted By: Gibbs

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/16/18 01:22 PM

Thanks for the video. It was very interesting to watch.
Posted By: thskeer

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/16/18 01:24 PM

I keep getting a "you must log in to continue" message from FB. No way I'm joining. Too bad GFW cant just put it on YouTube or link to an internet host through their webpage.
Posted By: TrapperCarl78

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/16/18 02:55 PM

Always 1 @ $1 lol.....neat video though I watched the whole thing and don't have Facebook
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/16/18 03:34 PM

Just watched the first transaction, maybe more tonight. The standard 3 piles made it to 4 for the first guy, eh? I'm not skinning coon for a $2.40 average. I'll take my chances at auction with Veterans Day+ se SD coon...

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/17/18 05:24 PM

I've watched more of the video. It is sort of addicting. I've watched up through the first (only?) transaction of finished coon and it appears to me that the seller was getting between $3-5 more for his finishing work then just selling green. I'm assuming his single (this guy sold 30 coon) $20 hide would have been in the $15 green pile, his 3 $15 finished in the $10 green pile, 12 $9 coon in the $5 green, and his 7 $5 finished in the $2 green group. The 7 $2-1 would have been in the dollar or "no value" pile.

Comparing in my head his lot of finished bandits to my typical lots, I hardly ever have slate or blue coon so that would help bump my average if I sold to GFW and I think my overall handling is better- less grease on the inspection window and less "damage" holes. This guy's average for his finished coon was $7.33 and he got his money that day and didn't pay any commission or membership fees. Still, even in my worse years with NAFA since the 2nd auction of 2013, my annual averages were 17-21% higher than this lot but maybe those years selling to GFW would have been money ahead. I wish I caught more so I could spread my lots around and test multiple venues. Maybe some day...
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/17/18 05:56 PM

Can't help but wonder... why run fur routes in November when the fur isn't prime?
Posted By: Dirt

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/17/18 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by eastwood44mag
Can't help but wonder... why run fur routes in November when the fur isn't prime?

Great observation!
Posted By: tbn

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/17/18 06:32 PM

I saw all I needed to know.

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/17/18 07:57 PM

Interesting comment at about -27:30 in the video.

If a seller isn't satisfied with the offers the truck guy is giving, a seller would have to "start at the bottom and worth his way back up in value" to take the fur back. Hmmmm...that sounds a little odd. So, if I'm not satisfied with the offer on say my top hides but I'm ok with offers on the middle and lower piles, I'd have to nix the whole deal...? That doesn't sound overly flexible. I guess GWF is doing a guy a favor by taking those sub- $5 coons but they get your good stuff for providing this "service". Just like taking those grinners and other "no value" furs off your hands for you instead of you having to throw them away when you get home. Funny how that works.

Ok, lunch is over and I have coons that need fleshing in the garage.
Posted By: tbn

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/17/18 08:55 PM

I like how 3x Co on and up are the interest but how many green 2x Co on were bought for pennies that would make 3x when boarded.

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/17/18 09:58 PM

Yeah, I haven't heard any of the sellers state what their lots consist of, like, "here are my 3x" etc or push back on any of the guy's calls. I wonder how many of these green coon sellers even know the size length differences except, "big, medium, and small"...? I guess if a person doesn't put them up, you don't really worry much about the difference between 29 and 31 inches.
Posted By: muddyriverdogz

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/17/18 10:54 PM

Nice video. I for one would like to see more video's like this,it tells the trapper a lot.. If you are worried about his grade/price you can always process and ship them, it's that simple.

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/17/18 11:13 PM

f you are worried about his grade/price you can always process and ship them, it's that simple.

And I do.

My comments on this thread were trying to understand their processes more and understand why so many people sell to them. I get paid in my real life to ask questions so that's what I do. Now I understand their processes a bit more than before watching the video. I guess if people are happy with those averages on the first part of the season or their entire season and for the convenience the route truck provides, more power to ya.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/17/18 11:25 PM

We got to see the process for what it is. As long as the buyer and seller are satisfied, that's all that matters. I personally could watch hours of buying and sorting and grading fur. I find it very interesting.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: FACEBOOK LIVE IN THE FUR TRUCK - 11/17/18 11:58 PM

A 29.5 inch coon at GFW is a XL. Been that way forever. Everywhere else is a double. LLL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums