Home

bored or over populated?

Posted By: brianmall

bored or over populated? - 10/22/18 11:27 PM

Saw this thing around 11am coming from open country into densely populated urban area. It stopped less than 40 yds form me and waited for me to leave. But I didn't and it eventually hooked a right toward farm house. Why wouldn't it just turn around and go toward open country? Why was it headed into populated area at 11 am?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/22/18 11:35 PM

Dunno, maybe just getting cocky. I see one every couple of days heading for a neighbor's barn at about 1 in the afternoon. He's got a couple more weeks here of fun before one of us gets a trapping lesson.
Posted By: Ark Trapper

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/22/18 11:39 PM

Maybe he lives so far in the brush he has to go toward town to hunt. Lol

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/22/18 11:41 PM

It's been fox that have been thick around city limits and even into town. This is the second yote I've seen like this from start of harvest
Posted By: bblwi

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/23/18 12:37 AM

You think this is the first time this yote is headed toward a very well known feeding area? Why go into open country when the groceries are easy to find and get?

Bryce

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/23/18 12:45 AM

No

For sure not! It didn't even care I was there!
Posted By: cadyshac

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/23/18 12:49 AM

They get just like deer, the more they are around people the more they get used to them and pay less attention to them. On foot you won't get so close but on a mower or tractor you can get right up next to them.
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/23/18 12:55 AM

Yeah going for groceries: Tom, Fluffy, Spot, Princess
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/23/18 01:17 AM

They follow farmers around when they bushhog around here. Or really any kind of tractor work. Yes they are usually in areas pretty thick with coyotes too. Ive found if i see coyotes in the daylight, that spot is usually covered up in them. They do get brave. But they are usually pretty easy to catch when they get bold like that. I love it when i go check out a place in the middle of the day and jump coyotes just laying out in a field.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/23/18 11:17 AM

Hunting the meows
Posted By: Born

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/23/18 11:29 AM

Keep you friends close and your enemies closer.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/23/18 01:14 PM

headed for some Asian buffet , here kitty kitty

people get all excited when the feral cat population goes down , think it must be some rescue saving them , it probably just means the coyotes are eating them , bedsides being tasty , they compete for the rabit population , cats often get the kits while they are still in the nest.
Posted By: Rye

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/23/18 02:03 PM

You think they haven't figured out that population centers are safe zones full of food?
Posted By: Furvor

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/23/18 06:25 PM

They don't like day-sleeping in open country. Perhaps it was late returning from a hunt, going to one of its rest areas, one near someone's back yard.
Posted By: swift4me

Re: bored or over populated? - 10/23/18 06:42 PM

For twenty years coyotes have walked on the streets of suburban Los Angeles every day looking for cats and small dogs.

Coming to a theatre near you soon.

Pete
© 2024 Trapperman Forums