Home

Trapper bags

Posted By: Seek

Trapper bags - 10/01/18 09:19 PM

What do others think of using conventional tool bags as trapper bags? I like my driver to be long enough to fit in the tool bag completely, otherwise I will lose it! Should I be concerned about the smell of the bag contaiminating my equipment? Thinking of the 24" Bucket Boss Longboy. I like the Leggetts style bags but its to short for my driver.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Trapper bags - 10/01/18 09:34 PM

Maybe sew some Velcro tabs on the side for the driver? Some bags will have a single wrap around for the double loop handles, maybe it would fit inside that. Cabelas sells some dandy gear bags that should fit the bill.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Trapper bags - 10/01/18 09:51 PM

I like the construction bags, they have a shoulder strap option, and at least 10 pockets outside and a few inside of the large compartment.
Posted By: Dennis W

Re: Trapper bags - 10/02/18 12:15 AM

My trapper bag came from Menards.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Trapper bags - 10/02/18 11:34 PM

I got mine from Lowes but HOme Depot has them too
Posted By: MT bowhunter

Re: Trapper bags - 10/03/18 03:56 AM

If you want a really nice bag that will last for years look at the ones Andy Weiser sells on his web site. I have beat the heck out of mine for years and it takes everything I can give it. Just google Weiser's western lures.
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: Trapper bags - 10/03/18 10:57 AM

Another Vote for Andy's Bag, I use the Beaver Bag
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Trapper bags - 10/03/18 11:44 AM

I got the janitorial bag from home depot - $20
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Trapper bags - 10/03/18 12:25 PM

Andys beaver bag is the best!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Trapper bags - 10/03/18 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Seek
What do others think of using conventional tool bags as trapper bags? I like my driver to be long enough to fit in the tool bag completely, otherwise I will lose it! Should I be concerned about the smell of the bag contaiminating my equipment? Thinking of the 24" Bucket Boss Longboy. I like the Leggetts style bags but its to short for my driver.

Love the Leggett's bags and have used them for years. And each will last for years also. My heat treated super stake driver just sits out of the bag a bit...
Easy to grab, easy to find gear with speed, etc.
We have a bit of fun at out Predator Trapper's A where we have everyone make sets with as much speed as they can and the back pack style bags impede speed, don't help the timeline at all as the trapper "tries" to find everything down at the bottom.

Get a bag where everything is easy to grab as quick as possible.
Ron Leggett figured out the same strategy when he put together his bag style and he's one of the top tier predator men in the game. Hop outta the truck, snatch the bag, and get busy! Back to the truck and down the road you go. Efficiency is critical (unless you have all day and don't mind leaving your human odor a bit more)

MJ

Re: Trapper bags - 10/03/18 01:21 PM

Mark, et al,

Could you post a pic up of your bag with what you carry in it? I am sure thats a silly question but not all sifters, drivers, and hammers etc. are created equal. Balance in my hand is key and lack of bulkiness. I like to see everything laid out in the bag. I am a rookie so digging around is not going ot help me.

There are going to be some situations where I can hop out of the truck/Ranger. But most situations are going to involve a little hiking thru the Northern MN jungle where trees , brush etc are constantly grabbing you. I have the lightweight driver (bullet) and will be upgrading to the heavier duty one.

Anyways, like everything else in my life I am over-analyzing this. Ugh. Thank you.
Posted By: coop

Re: Trapper bags - 10/03/18 02:28 PM

Andy's...
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Trapper bags - 10/03/18 03:20 PM

I use a tool bag for remakes, and have one just for "out of the truck" coon sets, but this is my primary pack. A tricked out Fiber-Tuff.

Re: Trapper bags - 10/03/18 04:51 PM

That is one tricked out bag! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: Trapper bags - 10/03/18 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Seek
Mark, et al,

Could you post a pic up of your bag with what you carry in it? I am sure thats a silly question but not all sifters, drivers, and hammers etc. are created equal. Balance in my hand is key and lack of bulkiness. I like to see everything laid out in the bag. I am a rookie so digging around is not going ot help me.

There are going to be some situations where I can hop out of the truck/Ranger. But most situations are going to involve a little hiking thru the Northern MN jungle where trees , brush etc are constantly grabbing you. I have the lightweight driver (bullet) and will be upgrading to the heavier duty one.

Anyways, like everything else in my life I am over-analyzing this. Ugh. Thank you.

Were not allowed to foot trap in NJ but all my trapping is on foot, My snare line is 3 miles to the far end and I'm always diving off into some new trail usually only big enough for a animal to go down. I took a kitchen trash can and added to the inside of my beaver bag and added extra organizing when not snaring dogs it carries everything for beaver and water trapping. But what I'm getting at is it is like a back pack that can go through tight brush but carry 2 beavers out. I tried tool bags but after my walk my arm's were shot.
Posted By: reddawg

Re: Trapper bags - 10/06/18 02:32 PM

Well the question on bags is like ,, Who makes the best pick-up or anything else for that matter. So I'll throw in my 2cents grin ! Bucket Boss "Gate Mouth "bags are what I use. They come in several different sizes, with lots of pockets . These will always be my choice?
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Trapper bags - 10/07/18 01:47 AM

I have real heavy duty canvas-leather money bags, Pepsi place sold me them fo 5$ each, I think a bag like that was about 1-200$
Posted By: squacks

Re: Trapper bags - 10/07/18 02:35 AM

I use a tool bag that hangs on my hip. It comes off with the push of a button. It carries the small stuff. I carry and over shoulder bag that holds lures and bait. I also wear an Alaskan pack frame for the heavy stuff. That puts the most weight on my hips and not hanging off my shoulders. These things I use on my walking lines. If I can...I carry my junk in the truck! lol.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums