Home

Coon Triangle?

Posted By: trap-alaska

Coon Triangle? - 09/25/18 06:24 AM

In some of the fur price threads, people have mentioned better-quality coon from the "coon triangle". I'm sure it includes all or part of Iowa, but what are the general boundaries?
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Coon Triangle? - 09/25/18 08:26 AM

You ever heard of Amelia Earhart? The coon triangle is about like the Bermuda triangle only those in cahoots with the underground know the truth....Honestly though when I think of coon triangle I think of Northeast Iowa, Southeast Minnesota, and Southwest Wisconsin.
Posted By: Nick C

Re: Coon Triangle? - 09/25/18 10:49 AM

Fictitious theory.
Posted By: trapperne

Re: Coon Triangle? - 09/25/18 11:35 AM

I never understood the coon triangle crap. The best coon come from north east Nebraska and southeast South Dakota. Pockets in northern Iowa, southern Wisconsin and southern Minnesota
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Coon Triangle? - 09/25/18 11:42 AM

wanna but can't argue with that ne
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Coon Triangle? - 09/25/18 11:52 AM

We have pretty nice coon in Ohio and I've seen Northern coon come in that would put a whoopin on our biggest coon. Size has as much to do with it as anything I think.
Posted By: roztocki

Re: Coon Triangle? - 09/25/18 12:30 PM

Some call it the golden triangle. It is hilly bluff country with high coon densities given people harvest and they don’t die off. Both color and size are above average. There are other areas I’m sure with possibly better quality But smaller geographic area. Many years ago I was told the best coon come from Cherokee iowa and surrounding areas.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Coon Triangle? - 09/25/18 12:58 PM

SW IA coon are horrible especially south of 30. smile Some very nice coon in SD and NE NE as Shane said. LLL
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Coon Triangle? - 09/25/18 01:17 PM

We get coon graded mostly northwest and north central here.
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Coon Triangle? - 09/25/18 01:28 PM

my understanding of the general area was extreme northern Illinois-southern portion of Wisconsin-eastern iowa-southern minnesoata
© 2024 Trapperman Forums