Home

Social Security ?

Posted By: Newt

Social Security ? - 09/19/18 03:09 PM

How can I make a appointment to talk to a person in person ?
Posted By: Abu65

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 03:18 PM

We have social security offices in the surrounding big cities. You can walk in and talk to someone. I just did a search and if you are close to Port Republic NJ there is one in Egg Harbor Township. Looks like it closes at noon on Wednesdays but open until 4:00 PM the rest of the week. I copied the address.

5636, 1350 Doughty Rd, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
Posted By: nt2

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 03:21 PM

If you can locate a phone number for the office you are going to go to, you are smart if you call and set up an appointment. Sometimes the wait time at these offices are quite long.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 03:37 PM

New Jersey Social Security Offices- https://www.ssofficelocation.com/new-jersey-social-security-offices-sos30
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: nt2
If you can locate a phone number for the office you are going to go to, you are smart if you call and set up an appointment. Sometimes the wait time at these offices are quite long.

I agree. That's what I did.

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 03:47 PM

Thats what I want the phone # so I can make a appointment.

Went there (Egg Harbor Township) yesterday. The place was packed.
Posted By: Hal

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 04:36 PM

Address: 5636, 1350 Doughty Rd, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM Thu
Phone: (800) 772-1213
Posted By: Hal

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 04:40 PM

HOWEVER!

I've been dealing a little bit with the local SS office. I got two different answers to the same question just recently. I had to come home and educate myself. One fellow was flat wrong in the answer he gave me. It's criminal that you dam near need a lawyer to navigate SS, Medicare, and the like. (Not to mention that you need a lawyer to file your taxes.)
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Newt

Thats what I want the phone # so I can make a appointment.

Went there (Egg Harbor Township) yesterday. The place was packed.

When it was time for me to signup I went to the local office. It was packed full of young people and most had English as their second language. I went home & I did everything on the phone and on line.

https://www.ssa.gov/site/signin/en/
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 05:15 PM

I signed up or enrolled when I turned 65 for Medicare and SS at the same time. My wife enrolled in SS when she was 62 3 plus years earlier. We did it all via phone and we used a speaker phone and it went very well for us. The hoops to go through for the one on one just did not seem to be worth the time,travel and effort. We had very good uninterrupted service during our enrollment process.

Bryce

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Hal
Address: 5636, 1350 Doughty Rd, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM Thu
Phone: (800) 772-1213

I have all that Hal.Its a natinal number
Thanks guys

Guess I'll just have to spend the day over there.
Just hope they can understand ENGLISH
Posted By: hippie

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 06:42 PM

Look in your local phonebook Newt.
Ours has Gov't offices in the front, with their adresses so you know your calling your local office.

That's what we did. Called, made appt. and done deal.

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 07:00 PM

I'm on the phone with them.To make a appointment.
My wait time is 50 minites.

Rether wait here than in little MEXICO
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 07:46 PM

Coincidentally, the average battery charge of a cell phone in use is 49 minutes.

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: trapperkeck
Coincidentally, the average battery charge of a cell phone in use is 49 minutes.

LOL I used land line.

Wont have to go to office after all. Got another # to call tomorrow.
AND they gave me the phone # of the local office. WHICH 411 did'nt have or would'nt give me.
While I was on the phone I made a App for Sally.
Posted By: bobsheedy

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 08:23 PM

Newt,
Like Hal, I received some conflicting info. I spoke to them at least 3 times before I felt comfortable and then signed the papers.

Bob
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Hal
HOWEVER!

I've been dealing a little bit with the local SS office. I got two different answers to the same question just recently. I had to come home and educate myself. One fellow was flat wrong in the answer he gave me. It's criminal that you dam near need a lawyer to navigate SS, Medicare, and the like. (Not to mention that you need a lawyer to file your taxes.)

They want you to be confused and give up.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 09:43 PM

I dreed the day I have to sign up. Anything to do with the gobermint is a nightmare.
Posted By: kenny k

Re: Social Security ? - 09/19/18 10:56 PM

I Just talked to ss on the phone yesterday to make the final step to retirement. The lady was more worried about my 40+ years ago X wife!!!!!!!
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: Social Security ? - 09/20/18 01:15 AM

I heard Sally was pretty hot! LOL I hear ya kennyk my union had the same question!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Social Security ? - 09/20/18 02:16 AM

If you go into something expecting the worst you probably will find it.

I am glad I had a very easy session for both myself and my wife for SS and Medicare. Very well trained, customer service persons working with us.

Bryce
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: Social Security ? - 09/20/18 07:00 AM

newt I hope your patience is better than mine! I understand why theres homegrown terrorism after dealing with those jack legs!

Re: Social Security ? - 09/20/18 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: TONY.F
newt I hope your patience is better than mine! I understand why theres homegrown terrorism after dealing with those jack legs!

Its a lot better now that I put my trubles and worries in Gods hands
Posted By: bobsheedy

Re: Social Security ? - 09/20/18 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: bblwi
If you go into something expecting the worst you probably will find it.

I am glad I had a very easy session for both myself and my wife for SS and Medicare. Very well trained, customer service persons working with us.

Bryce

This is very true. The folks were very patient and helpful. Just some conflicting info.
Posted By: goatman

Re: Social Security ? - 09/20/18 01:07 PM

Don't go to the SS office with a pocketknife. You'll be turned away. Had to go to the car and return. Just like TSA. Weird times we live in.
Posted By: chains

Re: Social Security ? - 09/20/18 02:39 PM

Been there! Walk in early and have your life history with you. Do not take a bottle of water with you: You have to trash it! Free America?
Posted By: Trapper Will

Re: Social Security ? - 09/21/18 12:26 AM

I filed for S.S. 11 years ago at 62, never left the house. I filed online without a bit of trouble. Medicare came automatic at 65, didn't have to do anything there. Things might have changed in 11 years I don't know? But if not online is the only way to go.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums