Home

seeing more red fox

Posted By: wamp

seeing more red fox - 08/27/18 10:09 AM

In the last month have seen several red fox in the edge of city limits more then I ever have.
Not seen more then one at any place I am sure these are different fox due to locations seeing them in.
Posted By: odiferous

Re: seeing more red fox - 08/27/18 03:20 PM

If you have the coyotes we have here, they're probably hanging out there to avoid them. We still have a fair amount of grey's here, but very few reds compared to what we had at one time. I still catch one here and there, but I always release them, as long as they don't have any issues. I'm glad you're seeing some.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: seeing more red fox - 08/27/18 03:40 PM

About 2 weeks ago, I had a mother fox with three fox playing in my back yard for about an hour. My two Shi-Tszs were going crazy to go out and play with them. But, I made them wait until the fox left.
Posted By: imissed

Re: seeing more red fox - 08/27/18 03:44 PM

I've been seeing some too. Its just to bad they had been hit by cars. Very few left around me. Too many yotes.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: seeing more red fox - 08/27/18 04:34 PM

Coyotes allow them to live along the roads and in town, could be why
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: seeing more red fox - 08/27/18 07:49 PM

Seeing more here too. Enough to keep a few now. Three litters along my highway
Posted By: Jim Frazier

Re: seeing more red fox - 08/27/18 09:38 PM

See them here also. 3 this morning on my way to work. All pretty far apart. Have seen them this year also right here in the yard.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: seeing more red fox - 08/27/18 09:46 PM

Farmers have seen them around while doing field work here.
Posted By: odiferous

Re: seeing more red fox - 08/27/18 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Trapper7
About 2 weeks ago, I had a mother fox with three fox playing in my back yard for about an hour. My two Shi-Tszs were going crazy to go out and play with them. But, I made them wait until the fox left.

I've watched them here by the house when my buddy still had the farm. It's pretty cool watching momma teach the pups to hunt mice or bugs, whatever they were after in the wind rows, after the hay got mowed. It's probably easy pickins after the mower and teter go through. It must knock the crap out of a lot of things.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: seeing more red fox - 08/27/18 11:54 PM

Just listened to Guy Groenwald speak at the FTA meet yesterday. Sounds like you guys would do well to let them fox just keep populating for the foreseeable future according to him. VERY poor demand for them = very low prices.
Posted By: wamp

Re: seeing more red fox - 08/28/18 01:56 AM

We have a ton of coyotes in our area. Also saw a few gray fox in the last few years.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums