Home

Fire vortex

Posted By: Tactical.20

Fire vortex - 08/17/18 01:28 PM

They say one ca forest fire made a fire tornado that was 1,000 ft wide, wind speed of 155 mph, 2700 degrees!
It took one firefighter and lifted roofs off of homes, power lines, cars
Posted By: hippie

Re: Fire vortex - 08/17/18 06:36 PM

I read about that. Sad deal the firefighter died.

Saw a video of a smaller one and it looked nasty. Hope they get the fires under control and more don't lose all.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Fire vortex - 08/17/18 07:06 PM

Didn't they say the fire was set by someone?
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Fire vortex - 08/17/18 07:22 PM

This is a different one than what tactical is referring to.

Firenado

Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Fire vortex - 08/17/18 07:28 PM

Wow!!
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Fire vortex - 08/17/18 07:35 PM

This is the one that killed the firefighter...

Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Fire vortex - 08/17/18 08:45 PM

is it just me or does it seem like since all these acres are burned now they should probably get controlled burned every year or every other year so that there is never enough fuel to recreate these tragedies
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Fire vortex - 08/17/18 09:11 PM

Sodom and Gomorrah.

Sorry the firefighter lost his life.

Charlie
Posted By: sparkyd

Re: Fire vortex - 08/18/18 07:34 PM

I heard a rumor. Now I don't know if it's true. But a rancher/farmer diverted his irrigation system to his house and yard to save his House and out buildings. He lost one Out building storing hay. But the state of California fined him forty dollars for miss use of Irrigation water. So I don't think you will see many controlled burns in the Loopy state.
Posted By: 19disbre

Re: Fire vortex - 08/18/18 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE
is it just me or does it seem like since all these acres are burned now they should probably get controlled burned every year or every other year so that there is never enough fuel to recreate these tragedies

what it really is, is the "environmentalists" in Cali that have made logging over-restrictive so their forests are overgrown and full of beetle-kill wood that. The so-called "environmentalists" got what they wanted, mother nature is a B sometimes
© 2024 Trapperman Forums