Home

How to get horse meat

Posted By: BullOx

How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 01:46 AM

I want some horse meat for bait making, how do you get ahold of it?
Posted By: Nick C

Re: How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 01:56 AM

Sometimes you can find free horses on craigslist.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 02:00 AM

Google "livestock removal" or "farm animal services"
There is usually a local company that remove dead horses and cattle from folks places.
We have 1 we call to haul off our PET horses and cows that have died.

You could also just ask some local horse farms if they know of the local service that hauls dead livestock away.

Not all farms have a pit, or enough land, for their dead livestock.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 02:15 AM

you can get cheap ones if you keep your eyes open. even free like was said. best not to mention what you want it for if nobody asks. x them like a steer your going to butcher. I just visualize it without actually drawing the x. eat the back straps. they are delicious
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 02:21 AM

watch your state laws they very well may have to die of natural causes , killing horses is illegal in many states , some states you can't even shoot your own lame horse you have to get a vet to come do it.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 02:25 AM

who would enforce a cant kill your horse law? I don't doubt you but I cant help but wonder what kind of dip stick would write that ticket and how would they get a jury to unanimously call it a crime
Posted By: ambush32

Re: How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 02:27 AM

Andy Weiser has some good horse meat..pretty cheap for a half gallon of bait...and it’s good stuff....
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 02:28 AM

that is crazy - you can kill your own kids in the womb but do not have dominion over your own stock....
Posted By: jaggersr

Re: How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 04:40 AM

I have a source that lives in Amish country. He only has tainted that has been stopped with SB. Pretty loud stuff. I just picked up 8 gallon at the NTA. If you PM me I’ll give you a number.
Posted By: Woodsloafer72

Re: How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By: TreedaBlackdog
that is crazy - you can kill your own kids in the womb but do not have dominion over your own stock....

Nobody said it made sense.
Posted By: micheal

Re: How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 10:25 AM

tailgater had it at the NTA
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 10:41 AM

Look for a kids party with a pony, when no one is looking.....whack. Horse meat. lol
Posted By: ScottPhillips

Re: How to get horse meat - 07/29/18 11:08 AM

I will be grinding a horse in the next couple of weeks if you haven't found any by then. Do you want a coarse or fine grind?

Scott
© 2024 Trapperman Forums