Home

Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres!

Posted By: Chancey

Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/17/18 11:40 PM

Given the evidence of human sacrifice found throughout the globe including women and children, it really is hard for me to wrap my mind around mankind's inhumanity to another human being. These people had the intelligence to build structures and pyramids that astonish us even today, but it seems they put very little value on human life.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/06/f...e-aztec-capital

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/tower...rifices-n779106
Posted By: charles

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/17/18 11:46 PM

Pizarro did them in.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 12:18 AM

You must not of had fun history teachers. That or I just had sadistic ones..
Posted By: Marty

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Chancey
Given the evidence of human sacrifice found throughout the globe including women and children, it really is hard for me to wrap my mind around mankind's inhumanity to another human being. These people had the intelligence to build structures and pyramids that astonish us even today, but it seems they put very little value on human life.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/06/f...e-aztec-capital

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/tower...rifices-n779106

The muzzie headchoppers are doing similar things today.

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 12:21 AM

Yepper Charles. Both Pizarro and Cortes were very successful conquistadors, but sometimes I wonder if the folks they conquered were the same ones that built the structures around Tenochtitlan and Machu Picchu? Looking at some of the stonework that was clearly done later, definitely shows far less craftsmanship.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: charles
Pizarro did them in.

Cortez.

Pizarro did the Inca in.

Mike
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Chancey
Yepper Charles. Both Pizarro and Cortes were very successful conquistadors, but sometimes I wonder if the folks they conquered were the same ones that built the structures around Tenochtitlan and Machu Picchu? Looking at some of the stonework that was clearly done later, definitely shows far less craftsmanship.

Do you suppose the Aztecs were already on their downhill slide when Cortez arrived?

Supposedly his arrival was foretold in prophecy.

Mike
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 12:28 AM

An Aztec will cruise about 235 mph at 75% throttle.

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 12:34 AM

I do Mike. I think by looking at some of their stone masonry, it clearly shows that whoever laid the stone foundations possessed a much greater skill than the stonework that was done later.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 12:39 AM

When Cortez arrived in the Yucatan he burned his boats, thus his men's level of commitment to win was beyond ordinary..

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 12:43 AM

Here's some examples of what I mean by the craftsmanship of the stonework....

Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 01:06 AM

Perhaps in their belief, sacrifice of what is most precious to please their God made sense to them. Their God probably knew a cut rate sacrifice or whatever.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 01:10 AM

.....just Mexicans before mustaches, sombreros, and pointy toed boots
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 01:11 AM

It was not that long ago on our own shores that good Christians were burning "witches", our ancestors had the intelligence to sail across the Atlantic ocean yet resorted to burning women alive.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Donnersurvivor
It was not that long ago on our own shores that good Christians were burning "witches", our ancestors had the intelligence to sail across the Atlantic ocean yet resorted to burning women alive.

...a lot less witches now though...give credit where credit is due

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 02:16 AM

According to just about all American historians, American Puritans/Pilgrims, americans, etc. never burned anyone at the stake in north America. They did hang them though, and some burned them afterwards.

Many were burned at the stake in Europe though. Probably why they left and made the greatest country in the world. Mis-information is why History is very important.

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 02:18 AM

Ha Savell!

They do love their "Dia de Muertos"!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 03:10 AM

A long time ago, human sacrifice was common. Look at all the mention of human sacrifice in the bible, from all the prohibitions to sacrificing to Baal to Abraham and Isaac. Even Jesus was seen as a human sacrifice too.

My and many of yours' ancestor, Tigernmas, was a High King of Ireland, who after ruling for 77 years sacrificed himself and 3/4 of the adult men of Ireland to Crom Cruach on November 1st Eve. This event became the start of Samhain, which is pronounced Soween. It was Christianized as Halloween. All US presidents but one and all European royalty are descendants of Tigernmas.

Keith
Posted By: boneheadjaz

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: KeithC
A long time ago, human sacrifice was common. Look at all the mention of human sacrifice in the bible, from all the prohibitions to sacrificing to Baal to Abraham and Isaac. Even Jesus was seen as a human sacrifice too.

My and many of yours' ancestor, Tigernmas, was a High King of Ireland, who after ruling for 77 years sacrificed himself and 3/4 of the adult men of Ireland to Crom Cruach on November 1st Eve. This event became the start of Samhain, which is pronounced Soween. It was Christianized as Halloween. All US presidents but one and all European royalty are descendants of Tigernmas.

Keith

Do you have a link to where I can see information about the US presidents being dependents? I find this very interesting. Thanks
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 03:52 AM

All US presidents but one and all European royalty are descendants of Tigernmas.

Keith
I'm gonna take a guess here, the one president that WASN'T......is Obama?

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 03:53 AM

Just do a google search of "all US Presidents related" and large numbers of documents will come up. All the presidents, but one are descendants of King John too, who is much further up the tree.

Almost all World Leaders of European descent carry what is called the "Warrior Gene", which makes those of us who have it and there is a lot of us, better at making fast, correct decisions, in times of stress. It comes down through the descendants of Heremon. It also makes us better at cards. Most CEOs also have the gene. Over time, all the Royal families of Europe have intermarried with the descendants of Heremon, many times.

If you go back far enough, we are all related. There was a Mitchocondrial Eve, who we are all descended from.

Keith

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 03:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Ditchdiver
All US presidents but one and all European royalty are descendants of Tigernmas.

Keith
I'm gonna take a guess here, the one president that WASN'T......is Obama?

The only non-related president was VanBuren.

The Warrior Gene, from the High Kings of Ireland, that they all share, appears to be almost essential to lead well.

Keith
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 04:21 AM

It’s well known archaeology that the Aztecs were late comers to the area and just took over much like the mongals did in Asia and like them much of the skills and knowledge that the former occupants held degenerated with that takeover

Archeologists say that there were at least several distinct cultures that proceeded them each building on the other
Posted By: Rye

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 04:46 PM

Human life, historically speaking, has always been cheap. It's not been until the last 200 or so years that we began to cherish it and believe we could save everyone from everything.

Salmonella is actually what did them in... the food supply killed them. Been several studies released on it lately. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/01/cocoliztli-salmonella-outbreak-mexico-dna-spd/
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 05:00 PM

OP If you think sacrifice was cruel and inhuman then you must be assuming that there was an innocent victim. I believe one school of thought was that the sacrficee actually volunteered themselves for the ritual, that it was an honor, and you had to wait in line for it to be on the receiving end.

Kind of the same thing as a middle eastern bomber and 13 virgins I think. They believe its an honor for them.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 05:37 PM

They Mayan culture practiced rituals that caused many sacrifices as well.

Bryce
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/18/18 05:39 PM

Lasted about two weeks.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/19/18 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: nightlife
It’s well known archaeology that the Aztecs were late comers to the area and just took over much like the mongals did in Asia and like them much of the skills and knowledge that the former occupants held degenerated with that takeover

Archeologists say that there were at least several distinct cultures that proceeded them each building on the other

Yes. A good read on this is Gary Jennings novel: "The Aztec". All the stuff in there is factual. I once went to the Museo de Antropologia in Mexico city and read all the exhibits but since I had already read the Jennings book I already knew it all.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/19/18 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Savell

...a lot less witches now though...give credit where credit is due

They missed a few in the democrat party.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Those Aztecs were some Bad Hombres! - 07/19/18 12:55 PM

Just do a google search of "all US Presidents related" and large numbers of documents will come up. All the presidents, but one are descendants of King John too, who is much further up the tree.

Almost all World Leaders of European descent carry what is called the "Warrior Gene", which makes those of us who have it and there is a lot of us, better at making fast, correct decisions, in times of stress. It comes down through the descendants of Heremon. It also makes us better at cards. Most CEOs also have the gene. Over time, all the Royal families of Europe have intermarried with the descendants of Heremon, many times.

If you go back far enough, we are all related. There was a Mitchocondrial Eve, who we are all descended from.

Keith

Nearly everyone of Anglo Saxon ancestry can be traced back to this blood line, if you have a ancestor from the U.K or Ireland you have this lineage.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums