Home

Traps in park

Posted By: Nate L

Traps in park - 07/05/18 12:47 AM

News Story

Thought some may be interested in this news story. Traps set in Minneapolis park.
Posted By: traphound

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 12:57 AM

They are not leg traps they are body grippers for vermin,look like fenn traps,not condoning anything but these traps will not hold anything by a leg except maybe a muskrat. Used for rats and weasels and such.
Posted By: racerboy108

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 01:02 AM

Wonder why they were set and by who?
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 01:39 AM

Either a prepper or an antitrapper.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 02:15 AM

x2 cracker I've seen traps like that advertised and they're fairly pricy not what a run of the mill type would buy and set especially on a well used walking trail in a public area should'a put in a call to the cops and seen who came running
Posted By: warrior

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 04:10 AM

Some city pepper looking to "live off the land".
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 04:27 AM

It's possible some Hmong was trying to catch some squirrels to eat with those small, body gripping traps.

Keith

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 04:42 AM

I know I wouldn't eat a squirrel from a city unless I was starving.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 04:46 AM

Our Hmong population is long past something like that.
Tom

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 05:01 AM

I used to have a Hmong woman that would come here and catch the baby starlings out of the nests in my barns to eat.

I had an unrelated Hmong man, who would take all my eggs that did not hatch in my incubators. I gave them to him for a while, but started worrying he would get sick eating them and stopped.

One of my little brother's best friends, Jason, would catch ducklings and grow them up for a while. When they were big enough, his mother would kill the ducklings, drain all the blood into a bowl, cook the meat, pull the meat into pieces and put the meat in the raw blood and freeze it until it was somewhat slushy and eat it.

The Hmong I have met have not been squeamish. They liked eating non-domestic foods, some of which I hope to be never hungry enough to eat.

Keith
Posted By: Kre

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 12:16 PM

I'm not sure how you can point the finger at the Hmongs...seems like it would be a bit uninformed to do so with the information provided.

I know the rednecks, white trash, and hippies were poaching long before any Hmong came to this area.

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 05:36 PM

I said it was "possible" that a Hmong had set the traps. It used to be frequently posted, here on Trapperman, that Hmong were caught trapping city parks, usually for squirrles. There are around 30,000 Hmong in the area the traps were found and most of the Hmong trapping of squirrles happened in that area.

http://factsanddetails.com/asian/cat66/sub417/item2742.html

"In some American cities Hmong men are caught in local forests illegally trapping squirrels and frogs with trip string nooses."

Keith
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 08:36 PM

My guess is this a set up for another twin city anti trapping news story. Well they got it. AGAIN.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 08:39 PM

I trap In all the city parks In Madison and most of Dane county.

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 09:21 PM

The Beav just admitted they were his traps! laugh
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 09:41 PM

The Beav, being from Wisconsin, is not allowed to trap in Minnesota!

Chris
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Traps in park - 07/05/18 10:08 PM

Huh? 49er said I could. LOL
Posted By: Savell

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 01:11 AM

...what in the jumped up (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) is a Hmong? ....and why is it running around eating random birds, trapping squirrels, and suckin rotten eggs lol
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 02:03 AM

hmong is a people who originated in vietnam,china.laos,thailand and other asian places/they helped us during the vietnam war so we brought many to usa,,,,,still bringing them.

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 02:09 AM

....well put me down for one then....the sparrows keep building nest out in the washroom
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 02:36 AM

New immigrants tend to follow what they hunted and ate in their country of origin.
When the Large numbers of Italians migrated to the U.S.,they had to be taught to quit shooting all the robins.
Tom
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 05:00 AM

Savell- The Hmong lived in the mountains of Indo-China and were (are?)looked down upon by the ethnic Vietnamese and Lao. They were generally tougher fighters and more loyal to the Americans than our other native allies during that war. Lutheran Social Services (with the help of the CIA) settled many Hmong in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Now ask me what a "Karen" is and why there are 1,500 of them living in Huron, South Dakota...

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Bogmaster
New immigrants tend to follow what they hunted and ate in their country of origin.
When the Large numbers of Italians migrated to the U.S.,they had to be taught to quit shooting all the robins.
Tom
bite your tongue Tom,,we never ate robins!! grin ...only beavers...did u ever hear of peperoni cheese and robin on pizza?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 09:59 AM

Out in southern CA early eighty's there was a big to do because Hmong were getting puppies from the county shelter and eating them. Still chaps my but to this day. Not that people want to eat dogs but that other people want to stop it. Who knows how many puppies those shelters have to kill every week. They are cremated. I don't see why the Hmong were not left to make use of an animal that otherwise would be wasted.

I don't have a problem with somebody trapping and eating squirrels in a park either. they are a pest species when they live in town and once again why not let somebody make use of them?

Instead like the dogs there is a big stink to save squirrels so they can continue to damage homes and cause power outages
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:01 AM

A robin is a Georgia partridge, lol. smile
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:03 AM

that 70's show,crow=black pheasant.

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:03 AM

You would think there might be a market for coyote and fox carcasses to the orientals.

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:14 AM

i smelled dog cooking on a fire in philippines.....awful smell...i about barfed

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:17 AM

rogue I don't want to eat one but I sure as h%$$# aint telling someone else they shouldn't either.

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:19 AM

bad thing is danny.......they stopped eating them in the 80"s because people were dying from rabies from ingesting. Right before i left to come back to usa i saw a guy dragging a fresh road killed german sheperd to his car.......a feast

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:23 AM

Rabies ? Probably not cooked enough.

Lets work on that coyote carcass market. Different folks have a different sense of taste .

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: trapper les
Rabies ? Probably not cooked enough.

Lets work on that coyote carcass market. Different folks have a different sense of taste .
could also be from cuts handling them. you see them standing along the road waiting for a fresh hit dog to stop kicking. Sad

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:30 AM

probably swerve AT them.

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:33 AM

It's evolution. Centuries of eating canines has weeded out the folks that think they taste bad.

We evolved to love pork, beef, and chicken .

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:33 AM

It's evolution. Centuries of eating canines has weeded out the folks that think they taste bad.

We evolved to love pork, beef, and chicken .
nah,,its starvation!! Sad thing is those dogs survive on rice and dirty baby diapers

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:34 AM

poop-eaters

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:34 AM

LOL.

Perhaps, but starvation wont support a coyote carcass market in America .

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:36 AM

smell one roasting on a fire.....

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:36 AM

been told many times bobcat backstraps are as good as it gets.Our mind has too much influence on our stomach.

and what the heck you doin up so early??

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: pcr2
been told many times bobcat backstraps are as good as it gets.Our mind has too much influence on our stomach.

and what the heck you doin up so early??
who?

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:42 AM

les

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:43 AM

ok,,i was going to tell u to behave u pennsyltuckian!! blush

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:46 AM

i'm just deciding which trees to kill today.select cuttin a couple loads on the farm.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:56 AM

I've ate bobcat, it's pretty good.

It's a well known fact that Lewis and Clark incorporated dog as a contributing part of their diet in their western expedition.

BTW the beav can trap MN with an ADC license. MN will sell Wisconsin ADC operators a license but WI won't sell MN operators one because MN doesn't allow NR trapping.
Posted By: Jonnytrapper

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: west river rogue

We had a pyre for a dog that died in the winter time. I did not think it smelled bad at all. Probably helped that we started the fire with some old cooking oil lol!

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Jonnytrapper
Originally Posted By: west river rogue

We had a pyre for a dog that died in the winter time. I did not think it smelled bad at all. Probably helped that we started the fire with some old cooking oil lol!
thats because u werent roasting it you were torching it......and it probably didnt survive on poop diapers either. The one i smelled was roasting on a small bed of coals.

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 11:21 AM

The different natives up here (Red Lakers) have been known to cook up the occasional Labrador Retriever from time to time. Especially if it belonged to some errant White man.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 12:59 PM

Just someone after squirrels. Geez. How does crap like this even warrant being on the news?
Probably the worst part is that somebody being paid to write a story doesn't know how to use quotation marks properly:
"The DNR is looking into the traps, trying to figure out who owns them and why they left them “SET” in such a public place."
What moron put quotation marks around the word set?
Posted By: ABrown

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 03:14 PM

Worked with some Vietnamese 2 years ago that loved bobcat and fox. They only tried one yote i gave them and said it wasn't any good.

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: NonPCfed
Savell- The Hmong lived in the mountains of Indo-China and were (are?)looked down upon by the ethnic Vietnamese and Lao. They were generally tougher fighters and more loyal to the Americans than our other native allies during that war. Lutheran Social Services (with the help of the CIA) settled many Hmong in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Now ask me what a "Karen" is and why there are 1,500 of them living in Huron, South Dakota...

Ok....what’s a Karen ? ...and I may have some Mexicans I’d be willing to trade if they’re any count

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 05:39 PM

i lived in huron and i dont know

Re: Traps in park - 07/06/18 11:20 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_people

Re: Traps in park - 07/07/18 12:39 AM

werent there when i had my office and lived in huron....only 2 brits. Huron was the pits
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Traps in park - 07/07/18 01:33 PM

Quote:
werent there when i had my office and lived in huron....only 2 brits. Huron was the pits

Yes,rogue, this is a rather recent development. I don't know for sure but probably mostly brought in by Lutheran Social Services. I don't know (or if they will ever admit it) for sure but they help relocate for the CIA and other US gov elements foreign people who have helped out the agency-a reward for their loyalty. The various Burmese govs over the decades have not been friendly to the USA so we have people there (mostly the Karens) who have resisted and caused the Burmese gov heartburn. Locating such people to the Midwest is a good way to get these people into the country and repay them for their "services" abroad.

Rogue- Huron is doing better now than probably hen you were there. Most of the Karen adults work for the Hutterite owned (Savell, you probably don't have Hutts down in TX either) turkey processing plant. A lot of PR folks are working for the Hutterites at the plant as well. Sort of a "only in America" sort of story. A German-speaking religious group who immigrated to the US only about 140 years ago because of persecution in Europe and who have done well communally farming in the northern Great Plains (both USA and Canada) started their own poultry slaughter house and eventually employ other ethnic groups, some new to the US, to run their meat packing factory. I wonder how many of the P Ricans will go back to the island if the economy there got a lot better?

Savell- Just from what I've heard and seen around here, Hispanics, especially Mexican, often start off working in the meat packing plants but tend to get into construction. Our housing construction around here is on fire and has been that way for a while. When I built my house in 2008, I think the dry-wall and lawn irrigation sub contractors had mostly Hispanic crews.
Posted By: rob

Re: Traps in park - 07/07/18 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Savell
....well put me down for one then....the sparrows keep building nest out in the washroom

I have you a mated pair boxed and crated. Threw in a few squirrels and robins to get them there. Make sure your standing on top of the box and ready to jump into the front seat of yer truck when you open the box.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Traps in park - 07/07/18 02:49 PM

You would think there might be a market for coyote and fox carcasses to the orientals.
. There was when I lived in Idaho during the 80’s.

Re: Traps in park - 07/07/18 03:30 PM

Quote:

Yes,rogue, this is a rather recent development. I don't know for sure but probably mostly brought in by Lutheran Social Services. I don't know (or if they will ever admit it) for sure but they help relocate for the CIA and other US gov elements foreign people who have helped out the agency-a reward for their loyalty. The various Burmese govs over the decades have not been friendly to the USA so we have people there (mostly the Karens) who have resisted and caused the Burmese gov heartburn. Locating such people to the Midwest is a good way to get these people into the country and repay them for their "services" abroad.

Rogue- Huron is doing better now than probably hen you were there. Most of the Karen adults work for the Hutterite owned (Savell, you probably don't have Hutts down in TX either) turkey processing plant. A lot of PR folks are working for the Hutterites at the plant as well. Sort of a "only in America" sort of story. A German-speaking religious group who immigrated to the US only about 140 years ago because of persecution in Europe and who have done well communally farming in the northern Great Plains (both USA and Canada) started their own poultry slaughter house and eventually employ other ethnic groups, some new to the US, to run their meat packing factory. I wonder how many of the P Ricans will go back to the island if the economy there got a lot better?

Savell- Just from what I've heard and seen around here, Hispanics, especially Mexican, often start off working in the meat packing plants but tend to get into construction. Our housing construction around here is on fire and has been that way for a while. When I built my house in 2008, I think the dry-wall and lawn irrigation sub contractors had mostly Hispanic crews.
use to be dakota pork? huron is the perfect place!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums