Home

Bridger R.B.G.?

Posted By: AJE

Bridger R.B.G.? - 07/01/18 06:06 PM

Did Bridger used to make round body grip traps? I bought a new 330 R B G at FTA. Got home & noticed it looks different than the R.B.G brand. Then I noticed it's a Bridger dog (says Bridger right on the dog). I guess I thought only 1 company makes the round BG's. Maybe this vendor had a box of them in the back shed from years ago. It was new in the bag though.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Bridger R.B.G.? - 07/01/18 07:00 PM

My guess is the components like the dog, trigger and safties are Bridger components but the round jaws a are not

Why make new components when you can buy them
Posted By: 2 TRAPS

Re: Bridger R.B.G.? - 07/01/18 07:32 PM

Round body grip company uses Bridger components now. That's what the old owner told me once. There springs are better then the old ones imo. Good company I plan to buy some more in various sizes.

Re: Bridger R.B.G.? - 07/01/18 08:25 PM

Could be, thanks.
Later in the day Friday I came upon the booth of the new RBG owner. I bought a trap from him. Yes, they seemed like great people. They also make a size 50 square body grip now in addition to their RBG line.
Posted By: Patokariver

Re: Bridger R.B.G.? - 07/03/18 05:08 PM

We use some Bridger springs on some of our sizes. The Bridger dog was being used on the bigger size trap, I have switched to all of the dogs to ones that I have laser cut and stamped with the RBG. If you got one that is different that is because I am finishing off all of the old stock I had. I enjoyed meeting everyone at the FTA and look forward to doing business in the future.

Re: Bridger R.B.G.? - 07/04/18 05:10 AM

Thanks. Yes, those traps look good. Now I have to test them with different stabilizers to see what works best. Thanks for attending the FTA.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums