Home

Oil Prices Going Up

Posted By: Tweed

Oil Prices Going Up - 06/26/18 07:19 PM

Fill up now before the prices hit the pumps.

State Department says buyers must cut Iranian oil to 0.

One of these days I'm going to get a 500 gallon storage tank.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/26/18 07:36 PM

Just fixing another one of Obama's screw-ups.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/26/18 08:17 PM

Every time gas prices went up under BO, he got the blame. When they dropped far below what they were under gw/dick, the same people said the pres has no control over such matters.............Curious how some think.
Posted By: white17

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: gryhkl
Every time gas prices went up under BO, he got the blame. When they dropped far below what they were under gw/dick, the same people said the pres has no control over such matters.............Curious how some think.

Generally you're right. But let's remember that BO ignored three federal court rulings to allow offshore drilling. He restricted supply and increased prices.
Posted By: rudydog

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 03:45 AM

Didn't gas prices go from about 4.30$ a gallon to about 2.10$ a gallon under BO? I know the stock market was pulled out of the toilet, if I remember didn't it about double in value?

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 03:53 AM

I was a little off on my first post. The stock market tripled under BO.
At that rate we should see 55,000+ after trumps 8 years.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 04:26 AM

BO sucks
Posted By: Andy27

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: rudydog

Exactly.. I work in the oil and gas industry by the way, all we kept hearing the whole time from oil companies is how things where so bad under obama, while we were working steady right at home. Makes no sense. Now the last 2 years we have had zero work at home, and oil companies have not spent a dime since trump got in? We will see, I like to give everyone a fair shot, but I'm really beginning to wonder..
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 04:46 AM

So what happened to the oil industry in ND? Weren't they partly responsible for getting prices down in the past? Start em back up!

Yeah, maybe I'm living under a rock?
Posted By: Ole

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 12:40 PM

It is interesting how we all choose a snippet of information and can come to conclusions on complex issues that suit our preconceived beliefs.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 12:46 PM

Do a little research on quantitative easing and artificially low interest rates.

On second thought, nevermind...

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 01:02 PM

I'm not saying BO had anything to do with it but a 300% steady increase in the stock market, dropping gas prices, and pretty good fur prices over his run. I don't remember them as bad years, and I don't see what is better about these years? Can some one tell me what is better about low fur prices and increasing gas prices?

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 01:05 PM

Kre, the methods used were questioned and criticized greatly, especially by Obama haters. But one thing is certain; It pulled us out an economic decline that was crippling the country.

Every time gasoline prices increased, people called for Obama's head. When the dropped to about half what they were, "The pres has nothing to do with the price."

Oil's up over 71 bucks this morning.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 01:13 PM

Obama sucks no matter how you slice it .

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 01:22 PM

Typical response from the real deep-thinker camp. It's as bad as those who claim trump has done noting but harm.

There is little that effects the average American as fast as high fuel prices.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: AntiGov

X2
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 01:51 PM

11,000,000,000,000.00$ of unfunded govt spending, 0% interest by the Fed, QE of billions a month. Yes sound fiscal policy. Its amazing that Bo found those billions in cash he paid Iran. For those who agree with Bo's fiscal prowess , try to buy some land, (300% inflation). Chances are you will be bidding against someone in the healthcare field.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 01:52 PM

Obama took office and the market crashed. Does anyone really think cherry picking the date of the crash compared to a few years later would result in anything but an improvement? How about we look at where the market was at the beginning of 2008, somewhere around 12,000. By early 2016 it was around 16,000. I'm sure it is more fun for some of you to use CNN's market analysis', but a little research tells a different tale than the feces spewing liberal press.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 01:56 PM

BTW, Trump asked OPEC to increase production while telling the rest of the world to stop funding Iranian terrorists by buying oil from Iran. Last I heard, OPEC agreed and they are seeing a declining price trend for oil over the next 15 months. I guess, we will see.

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 02:38 PM

When the economy is going good and consumer confidence is up people travel more, hence more fuel consumption. I think I heard 47 million are planning on traveling for the 4th, highest ever. Blame Trump.
Posted By: greggsinthehouse

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Diggerman
11,000,000,000,000.00$ of unfunded govt spending, 0% interest by the Fed, QE of billions a month. Yes sound fiscal policy. Its amazing that Bo found those billions in cash he paid Iran. For those who agree with Bo's fiscal prowess , try to buy some land, (300% inflation). Chances are you will be bidding against someone in the healthcare field.

Well said!

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Andy27

Exactly.. I work in the oil and gas industry by the way, all we kept hearing the whole time from oil companies is how things where so bad under obama, while we were working steady right at home. Makes no sense. Now the last 2 years we have had zero work at home, and oil companies have not spent a dime since trump got in? We will see, I like to give everyone a fair shot, but I'm really beginning to wonder..

To listen to some, we were better off staying in the great recession.
I voted for trump in hope that he would keep the market going as it was. His first year was very good for me.

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 03:53 PM

As for gas prices, you Obama lovers have selective memory when it comes to price.

He had a 3.50 average most of his term.

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: hippie
As for gas prices, you Obama lovers have selective memory when it comes to price.

LOL showing a 36 month chart but referring to a 96 month period.

$3/gallon seems about right for the last 9 years.

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 05:18 PM

HAHA, and youins are going by a President that hasn't been in two years yet.

I can post you charts all day long proving it. If ya pay attention, gas always goes down before an election.

Not sure how you read it, but the 3.50 line goes through the 4 years in the middle of his term.
Pretty much 5 years, 11-15. (and Obama wasn't doing anything to improve the U.S. during that time)

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 05:24 PM

Crude

Posted By: snowy

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Nessmuck
Originally Posted By: AntiGov

X2

x3

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 06:23 PM

So, you must be from the camp that believes the pres does control the price???

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 06:29 PM

Really reaching for something to say are you? How do you figure that?

But yes, he has an impact and there's no way around it.

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 06:41 PM

You Trump haters could say...........

Well i guess gas and oil prices weren't as great under Obama as i thought. laugh
Posted By: langenc

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 07:09 PM

Didn't gas prices go from about 4.30$ a gallon to about 2.10$ a gallon under BO? I know the stock market was pulled out of the toilet, if I remember didn't it about double in value?

A t one point in OBAMAS reign the price of gas doubled on his watch--when it was over $4.

Someone passes gas sideways and gasoline jumps 20 cents/gal. Then it comes down--2-3 cents/change.

Oil goes up a buck and gas goes up 10 cents.

Oil companies make nickle on a gallon or so.. US Taxes gas at 35 cents and high gas prices are the oil cos fault.

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 07:33 PM

You Trump haters could say...........

Well i guess gas and oil prices weren't as great under Obama as i thought. laugh

Most aren't obsessed with Obama as you are. Did anyone think fuel prices were great under Obama?

Question-20 years ago it seemed that diesel was always cheaper than gas, now it's the other way around? Is there a reason why? Was that just in the 90s?

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 07:38 PM

Federal tax is 6 cents per gallon more on diesel, that's part of it.

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 07:51 PM

Just fixing another one of Obama's screw-ups.

Here's the story,

This comment went wayyyyyyyyyyy over grakles head and he started on defending Obama.

That quote i made is 100% accurate as to what your original post is about. The reason oil is even being talked about is because Trump is trying to stop Iran from making a bomb like NOKO did (by stopping oil trade with Iran). What Obama did was stupid and kicked the can down the road again.

So yea, i pointed out his bias in defending Obama. (who went into defense mode?) wink

Re: Oil Prices Going Up - 06/27/18 07:59 PM

I want to ask.....What was your reason for bringing this up? A dig at Trump? laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums