Home

Chemical attack in Syria

Posted By: hippie

Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 05:09 PM

I think we're being played by the ones we're backing.

Think about it. We were staying (fairly) neutral until the first attack which we blamed on Russia and Assad so we got more involved.

Now we are hinting we are ready to leave, and bingo, just happens to be another attack to keep us there.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 05:12 PM

And the media is coloring Russia as the boogie man again.

Pretty quick to point the finger again when it makes no sense for them to have done it, but does make sense for the ones we're backing?
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 05:13 PM

I advocate leaving Syria immediately and letting Russia deal with it. Their foreign policy isn't nearly has schizophrenic as ours. One would think with 600 BILLION dollar defense budget we could be happy to stay at home and roll around in the cash pile.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 05:18 PM

I agree with ya Finn.
There's someone who wants us to fight with Russia for some reason.

Not hard to figure out that's the reason this attack happened, but to watch the propaganda on tv would have you believe otherwise.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 05:21 PM

I claimed at the time the first chemical attack, it done by the rebels we're backing to get us more involved.
This attack as soon as we started talking about pulling out just reinforces that claim.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 05:27 PM

Agree completely. It burns me deeply to know our federal government gives automatic weapons and destructive device's to these 'moderate rebels'.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 06:05 PM

Get out now. Stay out.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 06:25 PM

Past out stingers and see who want's to fly over the rebels then! whistle
Posted By: KC135A

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 06:50 PM

Given Putin is resurrecting the cold war and Romney was right, it is a dangerous game to play allowing the Russians and Iran free reign in that region. Lets not forget it was inaction by Obama that unleashed the refugee invasion of Europe and Jordan. Jordan is a stable nation with reasonable leaders, for now. They are being inundated with Syrian refugees on top of the Palestinians, Iraqis and others that are in camps there. Already nearly a million which we pay millions of $s to maintain.

I don't buy into the conspiracy theories about rebels gassing their own. We know exactly where and when every plane that flies in the region as we maintain 24hr AWACS coverage. As anyone who was on the ground there knows Saddam did have WMDs and used them. It is also clear that they were sent to Syria before the Bush II invasion.

Having fought this same extended war starting 26 years ago, I like the way Trump has dealt with ISIS, the Russians in Syria and Iran. Small but effective numbers on the ground, airpower and sea launched missiles rather than bases and nation building. The point is to defeat the enemy and let others know we are serious. This is exactly why NK has backed down to extent they have. Iran can not be given any signals that would encourage them to continue with their regional domination agenda.

It is FAR better to fight a smart, effective war in the desert than anyplace in the west. Hiding our heads in the sand will only end in an Islamic world that our grand kids will have to deal with. Never forget that Putin, the Iran, NK, Hezbollah, Pakistan and the Yemenis are all in cahoots in an unholy coalition that if left unchecked will become very dangerous to us economically, through terrorists and with military capabilities.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 07:04 PM

Our countries' current batch of political leaders are incapable of fighting a smart effective war in the desert. That is plainly witnessed with even the limited amount of information citizens are fed. Our military is, of course, more than capable. However, when they are hamstrung it makes no difference. Therefore it is best for our country to get out now.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: KC135A
Given Putin is resurrecting the cold war and Romney was right, it is a dangerous game to play allowing the Russians and Iran free reign in that region. Lets not forget it was inaction by Obama that unleashed the refugee invasion of Europe and Jordan. Jordan is a stable nation with reasonable leaders, for now. They are being inundated with Syrian refugees on top of the Palestinians, Iraqis and others that are in camps there. Already nearly a million which we pay millions of $s to maintain.

I don't buy into the conspiracy theories about rebels gassing their own. We know exactly where and when every plane that flies in the region as we maintain 24hr AWACS coverage. As anyone who was on the ground there knows Saddam did have WMDs and used them. It is also clear that they were sent to Syria before the Bush II invasion.

Having fought this same extended war starting 26 years ago, I like the way Trump has dealt with ISIS, the Russians in Syria and Iran. Small but effective numbers on the ground, airpower and sea launched missiles rather than bases and nation building. The point is to defeat the enemy and let others know we are serious. This is exactly why NK has backed down to extent they have. Iran can not be given any signals that would encourage them to continue with their regional domination agenda.

It is FAR better to fight a smart, effective war in the desert than anyplace in the west. Hiding our heads in the sand will only end in an Islamic world that our grand kids will have to deal with. Never forget that Putin, the Iran, NK, Hezbollah, Pakistan and the Yemenis are all in cahoots in an unholy coalition that if left unchecked will become very dangerous to us economically, through terrorists and with military capabilities.

I'm tryinmg to follow your logic.

Russia and Iran want the area, so instead of letting us leave, they gas people to keep us there?

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 07:07 PM

Do you not support the Kurds in their fight against Turkey, ISIS and Iran? I rank them up there with any allied force we have fought with. There are times to fight and there are times to not get involved. There is also an effective way to fight and stupid ways to fight. The later includes nation building. I prefer to help our friends but leave it to them to figure out how they want to govern themselves. This is exactly why going after Gaddafi AFTER he gave up his WMD was utterly stupid. The other glaring stupid move was to disband the Iraqi security forces after we took Baghdad. Had Bush/Rumsfeld simply allowed another Baathist to assume control of Iraq after Saddam none of this would be going on now. We had three Baathist generals that would have fit the bill and understood the consequences of misbehavior. Win and get out leaving the locals to govern themselves.

The problem with the region is that nothing is simple. Turkey bombs the Kurds and ISIS, yet we have bases in Turkey. We support the Kurds and they help up us against ISIS and Iran. We kill ISIS, Syrians and Russians. Israel bombs Syria and anyone else that decides to try to go nuclear in the region. Jordan bombs Syria and takes a huge number of refugees in that would otherwise end up in Europe or the US. The Saudis now work with Israel against Iran. At the bottom of this is Iran and the 1.7 billion in cash that was flown into Tehran two years ago. And like it or not we must maintain a balancing act or we surrender to Islam and watch the global economy go into a depression.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: hippie

I'm tryinmg to follow your logic.

Russia and Iran want the area, so instead of letting us leave, they gas people to keep us there?

Nope. Not what I said at all.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 07:12 PM

So who gassed them?
Ya called my idea a conspiracy theory.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 07:14 PM

Russia has a naval concern in the Syrian city of Tartus. It is their only naval concern in the Mediterranean. In fact, it is their only naval base outside russia. Imagine that. How many overseas Naval bases does the U.S. have? What would our response be if a foriegn country was destabilizing the host nation of our naval concern? Russia will not abandon that without a fight. The U.S. has no concern in Syria. Assad may be a meany, but so what? If we quit meddling the area would settle down and the refugee issue would solve itself.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 07:45 PM

The US does have concern in Syria and that is having Israelis 6.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 07:51 PM

Isr-who. wink

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 07:53 PM

Isreal is a big boy country and can watch it's own 6 using the obscene amount of foreign aid money we pour down their rat hole.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 07:58 PM

BO got this going and Trump will get us out...well, actually Bush jr. set the stage for this.
Posted By: Cole semo

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 09:07 PM

And the media is coloring Russia as the boogie man again.

Pretty quick to point the finger again when it makes no sense for them to have done it, but does make sense for the ones we're backing?

Us intelligence and the Trump administration pointed that finger. You just have a hunch
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 09:19 PM

How do we know the rebels we're backing are any better than Assad?

Mike
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 10:57 PM

Not our pig, not our farm
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 11:09 PM

When the invasion of Iraq was still going on a lot of people said it would be never ending. Anybody know what our goal is in the middle east? Does anybody think the muslims will convert to christianity, quit killing women for being raped, and promoting a culture where sex with boys is what men do for fun and sex with women is what they do for children?
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 11:16 PM

I bet the Syrian's civilians would love to have some AR's. JMO
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/08/18 11:52 PM

Our enemies like us being spread out and bleeding our nation's treasure on operations that hold little hope to gain us anything.
Posted By: muddyriverdogz

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 04:41 AM

The media claims Russia and Assad responsible for this every time it happen's without 1 shred of evidence. I think we should have learned our lesson about this from the WMD's Sadam supposedly had.

The Saudi's are the some of the biggest human right's violater's in the middle east but they never say a word about it.They want a war and that's what they are pushing for.
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 04:56 AM

So you guys think Assad or Putin isn't responsible for this? Just what makes you think this, especially when our own President also thinks these 2 thugs had something to do with it? From what I understand, Trump has the Generals all in on this deal against Assad and Putin. Yes Sir, these two guys are really outstanding world leaders. Not!
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 05:03 AM

Originally Posted By: don Wolf
So you guys think Assad or Putin isn't responsible for this? Just what makes you think this, especially when our own President also thinks these 2 thugs had something to do with it? From what I understand, Trump has the Generals all in on this deal against Assad and Putin. Yes Sir, these two guys are really outstanding world leaders. Not!

Khadaffi was a murdering thug and scumbag too. We helped depose him...

Is Libya better off without him?

In the middle east we have a track record of removing scumbag leaders and handing over the country to an entirely new set of scumbag leaders.

Mike

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 05:13 AM

Libya is a real mess and one of the major gateways for muslim immigration to Europe..... NATO removed khadaffi and created instability and more muslim extremism and provided a steady flow of muslims to invade Europe. Seemed almost like it was designed....

Arab spring was supported militarily around the Mediterranean sea but when the gulf states beat it down ....well, that was OK.

Egypt almost fell to the muslim brotherhood...but after a bit those folks came to their senses.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 05:30 AM

I think you can never find a mid Eastern person that will ever handle things in a correct manner. One of the biggest problems is, there are way to many different tribes of people in the middle east. Our Government can and will decide who dropped those barrel bombs. Everything about war has a signature to it. Assad is a horrible person that doesn't have one iota of a conscience. Putin is no different. I think Trump will have his council figuring out what to do, then carry out the sentence. There is no reason to just lob a bunch of million dollar missals at an airport, then in just a matter of a couple days, have things back to normal./ Have faith in Our President guys.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 05:31 AM

I think you can never find a mid Eastern person that will ever handle things in a correct manner. One of the biggest problems is, there are way to many different tribes of people in the middle east. Our Government can and will decide who dropped those barrel bombs. Everything about war has a signature to it. Assad is a horrible person that doesn't have one iota of a conscience. Putin is no different. I think Trump will have his council figuring out what to do, then carry out the sentence. There is no reason to just lob a bunch of million dollar missals at an airport, then in just a matter of a couple days, have things back to normal./ Have faith in Our President guys.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 01:05 PM

I'm usually accused of being too much for our Gov't on here, and do support it but this doesn't pass the smell test.

They were blaming Assad before they were even sure it was chemicals. Guess he has a death wish because i'm sure he knows what happened to Saddam, Omar and Osama. Expecially since we were talking of leaving, it doesn't make sense for him to do this which will for sure make us go after him.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 01:06 PM

Israel striked an airforce base in Syria overnight and let the US know just prior to the attack. Will the president also strike again

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 01:28 PM

Regardless who is President, the War Machine will be fed. The flames had smouldered and now more kindling has been added. It is not meant to be won or lost, but to be continous.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 01:32 PM

The U.S. has been trying limp wristedly to affect a regime change in Syria,for some reason, for years. What is the real reason? It isn't because assad is a meany. There are a number of terrible leaders in the world. It isn't for humanitarian reasons, we don't want refugees here. Why are we involved there?

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 02:10 PM

"Mad-Dog" Mattis was just on tv.
Asked straight up if he can confirm chemical weapons were used, and he said not yet.
But by God we know who did it, lol.

Too many factions relying on us to over throw Assad so they can move into the country for me to believe the first finger being pointed before we even look at it.
Posted By: JakeDog

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 02:11 PM

I think we're being played by the ones we're backing.

Think about it. We were staying (fairly) neutral until the first attack which we blamed on Russia and Assad so we got more involved.

Now we are hinting we are ready to leave, and bingo, just happens to be another attack to keep us there.

I think your spot on --- Why are we blaming Russia? or why are we against Assad all of a sudden? he used to be our ally until obummer took office.

I mean things just arent adding up and like they blame Russia for killing that former spy of theirs - they had no cause nor reason to do so? - we are being played by our own politicians and Russia is easy to blame. Russia had zero reason to kill that man or his daughter. they could have killed the daughter anytime they wanted, she lived open and freely in Moscow. Then all sudden when he was summoned to the Russian embassy he is killed?

He had requested from Putin for permission to return to Russia to live, then was summoned by the Russian embassy then he turned up dead? there is something shady about that also seeing how he had assisted with that phony dossier that the democrats funded.

J

What I wonder about these politicians crying over Russia all the time?? what is their end game or strategy if they have the capability to think so critically? war with Russia? I mean they keep harping on them what is the final idea? They kepe up their finger pointing and war is going to happen.
Posted By: Tweed

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
The U.S. has been trying limp wristedly to affect a regime change in Syria,for some reason, for years. What is the real reason? It isn't because assad is a meany. There are a number of terrible leaders in the world. It isn't for humanitarian reasons, we don't want refugees here. Why are we involved there?

"Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central; it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present

and is gravely to be regarded. Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientifictechnological elite.

It is the task of statesmanship to mold, to balance, and to integrate these and other forces, new and old, within the principles of our democratic system -- ever aiming toward the supreme goals of our free society."
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Tweed

"Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central; it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present

and is gravely to be regarded. Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientifictechnological elite.

It is the task of statesmanship to mold, to balance, and to integrate these and other forces, new and old, within the principles of our democratic system -- ever aiming toward the supreme goals of our free society."

So things haven't changed much in 57 years.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 04:03 PM

I think there's a good chance camel poop will be flying tonight or tomorrow night!!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 04:39 PM

After so many years of US having a president with a vagina instead of 'nads, the east really wants to know if Trump has 'nads or not.
We shall see.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 04:42 PM

Send Kerry over there to remove them personally I say!!
Posted By: Tweed

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 04:54 PM

Here's a 2004 CIA report if anyone would like to browse through the various sections.

CIA DCI Report

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: bowhunter27295
100% of all chemical weapons in Syria were destroyed according to John Kerry.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavli...eapons-n2310161

So who is the liar here?

LOL, we all know the answer to that.

The question now is, Who is using them and for waht means?

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 05:07 PM

Anyone could have supplied/been responsible for a chemical attack in Syria...unless it was dropped from a plane that was tracked no one will ever know who did it.

Was it an aircraft or indirect fire attack?

Assad was not that bad when compared to ISIS......the situation in Syria was supported/made possible by the US and Nato. Look what was accomplished in Libya..

Turkey is also a big player in the Syria situation.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 05:16 PM

Play people emotions to support another war?

I say get out.

Anyone think about how dangerous it would be to clobber Assad while he has Russian/Iranian troops protecting him...

back in the day..when Jordan/Syria/Egypt sneak attacked Israel...the Israelis beat them all back and were closing in on Damascus...Russia had troop transports loaded and ready to fly...both the USA and Soviet nukes were placed on alert.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 05:26 PM

Iraqi "undesirables" (Kurds?) were killed with mustard gas but Iraq didn't have any.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 05:45 PM

Question is.............

Anyone with a pulse knows an attack like this ((with very, very little military gain) will bring not only us down on them, but other countries.
That said, who wants us to stay there? Russia, Assad and Iran?
A rebel faction fighting them and need our help?
Money men who stand to benefit from this war?

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 08:17 PM

So who gassed them?
Ya called my idea a conspiracy theory.

Syria gassed them with Russian help. As I said we know about and track everything that flies in the region with 24/7 airbourne AWACS. The Saudis and Israelis also have AWACS capability.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 08:26 PM

Question is.............

Anyone with a pulse knows an attack like this ((with very, very little military gain) will bring not only us down on them, but other countries.

Jordan, SA, some of Iraq's current government, Egypt, Israel, the Christian's in Lebanon, the Kurds, the Kuwaitis. UAI, Bahrain, all want us to maintain a presence in the region. Iran certainly does not want us to have any involvement in the region, nor does Russia. The sad truth is that the consequences of just up and leaving would be disastrous for the world economy and would unleash a huge refugee problem which only would serve to expand Islam to more of the world. It would also give Iran the freedom to export terrorism at will. Iran is the real enemy here, and they are to be taken seriously.
Posted By: sandhiller78

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 08:31 PM

Cui Bono..? I don’t believe it’s Assad..
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 08:34 PM

The Middle East is a zoo. Politicians here don’t like what goes on in the zoo, as some of the animals are treated poorly. So we send in troops to kill the zoo keeper ( Iraq and Libya ). The animals get out of their cages and the zoo is exponetionaly more dangerous place than it was when they had a zoo keeper. History has shown that the US is not able to manage these zoos. So stay out.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 08:35 PM

Question is.............

Jordan, SA, some of Iraq's current government, Egypt, Israel, the Christian's in Lebanon, the Kurds, the Kuwaitis. UAI, Bahrain, all want us to maintain a presence in the region. The consequences of just up and leaving would be disastrous for the world economy and would unleash a huge refugee problem. It would also give Iran the freedom to export terrorism at will. Iran is the real enemy here, and they are to be taken seriously.

I noticed you didn't include Assad, or Russia.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Marty
Anyone could have supplied/been responsible for a chemical attack in Syria...unless it was dropped from a plane that was tracked no one will ever know who did it.

Assad was not that bad when compared to ISIS......the situation in Syria was supported/made possible by the US and Nato. Look what was accomplished in Libya..

Usually Sarin and Chlorine gas is dropped from a cargo plane in barrels which have an altitude sensitive release mechanism. Very low tech, but we know exactly when and who did it.

Turkey is indeed a player. We have bases there but Erdogan is also fighting our friends and returning Turkey to a Islamic dictatorship.

If ISIS had not moved into Syria we would not be involved there, nor in Iraq now.

Just saying we should leave is too simplistic. Obama railed against the Bush policies yet continued them when he understood the issue as President. Trump is doing the same. The difference is that Trump is about winning and not nation building like Bush and Obama were. Afghanistan is certainly a place we need to get of now. If the people can't deal with the Taliban themselves now then they never will be able to. Afghanistan holds no strategic purpose for us unlike the Gulf region.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 08:47 PM

Quote:
[/quote]I noticed you didn't include Assad, or Russia.

Because they do want us out obviously. Don't forget Putin is a Cold Warrior and Iran is a terrorist state.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: bowhunter27295
Saddam NEVER HAD WMDs!!!

Storm vets know this is a lie and yet the media declares it truth.

If Storm vets say they know there were WMDs in Iraq, they are seen as kooks.

What a shame obeezy and Kerry wanted to defame Storm vets. Two true pieces of crap.

Ain't that the truth brother.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 08:50 PM

Really?
I would've thought Russia and Iran would pay us to leave so they could go about their busniess.

Keeping us there does what?

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Marty

Usually Sarin and Chlorine gas is dropped from a cargo plane in barrels which have an altitude sensitive release mechanism. Very low tech, but we know exactly when and who did it.

Turkey is indeed a player. We have bases there but Erdogan is also fighting our friends and returning Turkey to a Islamic dictatorship.

If ISIS had not moved into Syria we would not be involved there, nor in Iraq now.

Just saying we should leave is too simplistic. Obama railed against the Bush policies yet continued them when he understood the issue as President. Trump is doing the same. The difference is that Trump is about winning and not nation building like Bush and Obama were. Afghanistan is certainly a place we need to get of now. If the people can't deal with the Taliban themselves now then they never will be able to. Afghanistan holds no strategic purpose for us unlike the Gulf region.

No we don't.
Trump just admitted we don't know who did it yet.

Accusing them, yes. they were doing that 5 min after it happened.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 09:04 PM

I did not see who did the chemical attack so I don't know who did it....anyone could lie about it..

After all the attacks in bengazi were motivated by a utube video...that came from the 'highest' source in the USA government.

I do not trust any of them.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/09/18 09:05 PM

Quote:
[/quote]No we don't.
Trump just admitted we don't know who did it yet.

Accusing them, yes. they were doing that 5 min after it happened.

When did I say exactly how it was deployed? I said our intell folks do know. The same BS was parroted just after the last time and then it was confirmed to be barrel bombs.

I think you are having a hard time following my posts. I said Iran, Syria and Russia all want us to ignore the region. Several times now.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 03:09 AM

Sounded like some b-1s flew over today, heading east

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 04:17 AM

It may be dangerous to bomb an air base in Syria that has Russian military personnel at it.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 04:22 AM

I am sure the Russians have calculated that risk.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 04:33 AM

took almost a year, but they are finally saying they had no proof of the attack a year ago that got us involved.

https://www.apnews.com/bd533182b7f244a4b771c73a0b601ec5

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 04:38 AM

US intelligence agencies could not find and kill a man that killed 3000+ Americans who was living in a cave in the mountains.

Instead we are in a war we cannot win for more than a dozen years. Some bad planning there...
Posted By: Boco

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 04:50 AM

Trump has gotten himself into a real pickle now.He Blames Russia and threatens Putin there will Be severe repercussions for his and Assads gassing of children.
Putin responds by saying if the US strikes Syria there will be serious consequences.
Now-who backs down.If Trump does not now strike Syria within the next day or two,he will be seen as a weakling worldwide like Obama.
If Trump strikes Syria what does Putin do?He now will have to strike back at the US or he will be seen as a weakling worldwide and at home.
If either one backs down their political future at home is in ruin and they will be giving free reign to their adversary to walk all over the globe.
Lock and load boys this could be the big one.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 05:03 AM

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-midea...a-idUSKBN1HG0D8

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 05:05 AM

I didn't realize Israel is in the mix, or suspected to be.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Boco
Trump has gotten himself into a real pickle now.He Blames Russia and threatens Putin there will Be severe repercussions for his and Assads gassing of children.
Putin responds by saying if the US strikes Syria there will be serious consequences.
Now-who backs down.If Trump does not now strike Syria within the next day or two,he will be seen as a weakling worldwide like Obama.
If Trump strikes Syria what does Putin do?He now will have to strike back at the US or he will be seen as a weakling worldwide and at home.
If either one backs down their political future at home is in ruin and they will be giving free reign to their adversary to walk all over the globe.
Lock and load boys this could be the big one.

well arent you lucky noone wants your snow castle?
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 05:17 AM

This has zero to do with Syria. Syria is an emerging asset of Tel Aviv as all of these wars are. What this is about is Gaza, Hezbollah and Iran. This is about the US choosing Sunni Islam over Shia Islam. Russia and China back the Shia. This is about escalating on the chosen battlefield, as North Korea is nuclear scorched earth, Ukraine would scorch Europe, so this is the confrontation point of East West in Iran.

US policy in George Washington was no foreign entanglements and the US was to be involved in TRADE to both sides and not be engaged in war. The United States has zero interest in this region. America has more oil and gas then the rest of the world combined. For those who speak of Islam as a problem, it was Zbigniew Brzezinski who created militant Islam to use against the Soviets. Islam is now the driving force as an excuse of US involvement as the weapon holder for the global banks who want one thing in Russia's natural resources and China's gold. That is what is at the base of this in all of these distractions of fake chemical weapon attacks.
As no one has stated the objectives of this in actual warfare, the US can not invade China as the human waves overcame US firepower in Korea. Russia has weather and natural disease problems which stopped Napoleon and the Wehrmacht. All of this friction is designed to draw China and Russia out as Brzezinski drew Russia into Afghanistan, as that is where with WMD's the Pentagon would obliterate mass concentrations of Asian armies.
No one voted for this in 2016 and I believe this US strategy will face humiliation as it did in Vietnam attrition. The United States has not faced a real war for a very long time. It currently has a social order military of people in uniform to weak to throw hand grenades. If Russia breaks out of the Caspian and China out of the Khyber, the US will experience a humiliation greater than 1942.
For those unfamiliar with the Tel Aviv situation, US troops were by treaty placed under Jewish command recently, and Mr. Putin has stated that if Russia or her allies are attacked, Russia will respond with nuclear weapons. Russia now has a graduated tactical nuclear response. It begins with tactical artillery weapons to "scare America" in a first use, and graduates to hyper sonic cruise missiles, moves to the Satan II ICBM to rain on American cities, and as the kill shot, there are the cobalt torpedoes designed to create tidal waves on the American coasts. Cobalt creates a 5 year kill zone in radioactivity.
I always ask, "Do you want to die for the Mideast"? I do not, but the west has political leadership in both parties which do not heed their voters. America should be making peace with Russia, not conflict.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 06:10 AM

Well guess what guys, sounds like most of you favor Putin and Assad over what our president and his military think went on. How can anybody possibly think Putin and Assad had nothing to do with this calamity on Humans. These two men are nothing but thugs. From what I heard on the news, there was bombing going on for a good part of the day, then a helicopter dropped the barrel bombs. You can believe that Trump is going to do something aimed at Assad. I doubt he will pay any attention to what Putin says or does. Trump has his but backed into a hornets nest. I personally think that Assad should be wiped from the face of this earth. Putin should be second in line.
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 10:26 AM

most hope for a peaceful souloution,,,,,but I think its gone wayyyy past that now. nobody wanted to do the dirty work and kept kicking the can down the road..........and here we are. why wouldn't Russia want to fight.....sanctions are really making things tough for Russia and iran............and hey.....why not decrease some of the world population while we are at it.

who knows............maybe this is the big one........we've all heard for decades about Armageddon. were all the armies of the world come together
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 10:30 AM

long whistle-big bang-nothing left. the rest will not wanna be next.time to draw a line in the sand with an excavator.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 10:52 AM

Russia's history demonstrates they can be pretty ruthless yet how many years did they chase mountain goats in Afganistan?

More than guards at the several passes is needed to render complete victory but nobody seems willing to make that step.

Another situation that is both discouraging and encouraging.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: star flakes
This has zero to do with Syria. Syria is an emerging asset of Tel Aviv as all of these wars are. What this is about is Gaza, Hezbollah and Iran. This is about the US choosing Sunni Islam over Shia Islam. Russia and China back the Shia. This is about escalating on the chosen battlefield, as North Korea is nuclear scorched earth, Ukraine would scorch Europe, so this is the confrontation point of East West in Iran.

US policy in George Washington was no foreign entanglements and the US was to be involved in TRADE to both sides and not be engaged in war. The United States has zero interest in this region. America has more oil and gas then the rest of the world combined. For those who speak of Islam as a problem, it was Zbigniew Brzezinski who created militant Islam to use against the Soviets. Islam is now the driving force as an excuse of US involvement as the weapon holder for the global banks who want one thing in Russia's natural resources and China's gold. That is what is at the base of this in all of these distractions of fake chemical weapon attacks.
As no one has stated the objectives of this in actual warfare, the US can not invade China as the human waves overcame US firepower in Korea. Russia has weather and natural disease problems which stopped Napoleon and the Wehrmacht. All of this friction is designed to draw China and Russia out as Brzezinski drew Russia into Afghanistan, as that is where with WMD's the Pentagon would obliterate mass concentrations of Asian armies.
No one voted for this in 2016 and I believe this US strategy will face humiliation as it did in Vietnam attrition. The United States has not faced a real war for a very long time. It currently has a social order military of people in uniform to weak to throw hand grenades. If Russia breaks out of the Caspian and China out of the Khyber, the US will experience a humiliation greater than 1942.
For those unfamiliar with the Tel Aviv situation, US troops were by treaty placed under Jewish command recently, and Mr. Putin has stated that if Russia or her allies are attacked, Russia will respond with nuclear weapons. Russia now has a graduated tactical nuclear response. It begins with tactical artillery weapons to "scare America" in a first use, and graduates to hyper sonic cruise missiles, moves to the Satan II ICBM to rain on American cities, and as the kill shot, there are the cobalt torpedoes designed to create tidal waves on the American coasts. Cobalt creates a 5 year kill zone in radioactivity.
I always ask, "Do you want to die for the Mideast"? I do not, but the west has political leadership in both parties which do not heed their voters. America should be making peace with Russia, not conflict.

Russian people/populace despise war - that works in our favor. While I know they will fight they will do so only begrudgingly. If given the chance they will do anything they can to not get into it.

J

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 03:06 PM

Why do we feel the need to play puppet master with world leaders??????????? we get POd when someone screws with our elections but dont waste a second gettoing into others elections or just facilitating a "regime change". I mean look at how well these "regime changes" have worked out for us in recent history????????

definition of insanity - same thing over and over again while expecting different results.

J
Posted By: Art S

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 04:49 PM

Good episode,
The establishment wants this war,and they're not going to let facts stand in their way.imo

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/10/18 04:49 PM

If Israeli jets can attack without being shot down the Russian air defenses might not be very good, I thought they should have stopped Russia from invading those two places in Europe

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/11/18 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Tactical.20
If Israeli jets can attack without being shot down the Russian air defenses might not be very good, I thought they should have stopped Russia from invading those two places in Europe

Those Israeli pilots ain't no slouches either, but you have a great point, stuff is probably pretty antiquated?? Think mos their military equipment is behind the times.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/11/18 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: JakeDog
Originally Posted By: Tactical.20

Those Israeli pilots ain't no slouches either, but you have a great point, stuff is probably pretty antiquated?? Think mos their military equipment is behind the times.

You guys are onto something. Also,
The IDF has some of the most advanced stealth and jamming tech out. They will and do buy our new planes take out all electronics and install theirs.

Re: Chemical attack in Syria - 04/11/18 03:27 AM

Thought I heard Russian air defenses was good, hope not
© 2024 Trapperman Forums