Home

GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Posted By: BIRDOGS

GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 08:50 PM

Drove out last week.... checked out a nice trailer! wink
Made offer and they countered, with a 'bump clause' because our house has to sell before we can make this move!
Its about a mile from Lolo national park as the crow flies and loaded with stuff to do! Trapping stuff that is! LOL
Check it out! be very cautious White17! I'm getting closer! wink wink wink

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/23405-Wapiti-Rd_Huson_MT_59846_M81166-34781
Posted By: Okiecntry

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 08:54 PM

Nice! Someone has already taken the wheels off of that trailer.
Posted By: snowy

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 08:57 PM

Your little woman should be very happy with that shack. LOL That is a beautiful home/landscape and I hope it all works out for you Sir.

Population 210 now it will be 212 outstanding!

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Okiecntry
Nice! Someone has already taken the wheels off of that trailer.

grin Good..... I hate burning up my 4-way on the house(trailer) of my dreams!!!!
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 09:04 PM

Good for you, I hope everything works out in your favor. I am looking forward to meeting you at the MTA Rendezvous held in Lewistown.

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 09:04 PM

Funy thing is, I'm actually excited about the 'in floor radiant heat'! I have never been in a home with that before but have heard good things!!!!!
Also, I have never lived in a home with a 'real stone fire place'! we have always had that fake concrete stuff they use in warmer areas! very ready!

Also! LOOK OUT SHARON! JUST A STONES THROW!!!!!!
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 09:07 PM

Looks like a real nice place. I hope it all works out for you.

B
Posted By: pcr2

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 09:10 PM

Is there room for a camper load or 2 of trappers in the front yard??
Posted By: waggler

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 09:12 PM

BIRDOGS,
I think you mean Lolo National Forest. There is a big difference between National Parks and National Forests. You won't be doing any trapping in National Parks.

Congratulations, hope the offer works out for you. Great part of the Country.

Just a little bit of advice; remove those trees that are close to the house, replace the roofing if it's flammable, and install a sprinkler system that can wet down the house if necessary. Not trying to scare you away, but that house doesn't have much defensible area around it, it is possible to create a fireproof/resistant house though.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 09:35 PM

Birdogs, have you got those bad knees strong enough to handle the steps in that trailer and all the crooked land around it? Looks nice, hope it works out for ya!
Posted By: adam m

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 09:49 PM

Awesome
Posted By: BP Wolfer

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 09:54 PM

Nice! Good luck and hope it all works out for you!
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 10:24 PM

You' are really going to miss the east coast. Hope you are able to adjust to the peace and quiet, not to mention the solitude one finds in remote areas.

ENJOY IT.
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 10:59 PM

Congrats you earned and deserve such a cool place to live. Wish you the best of luck my friend.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 11:05 PM

No pressure but see if u can fill all 5 wolf tags(your quota) this year Trapping and hunting. Keep us updated and hope everything goes well.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 11:13 PM

After u get done in MT then go next door to ID and get 10 more! Livin a dream!!! Might have to trade your fox traps in for something a little bigger.
Posted By: Jumperzee

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/23/18 11:14 PM

Gorgeous place Birddogs. Hope it works out for you. And yes...radiant floor heat is awesome! Wags has some good points about creating defensible space. The folks over at the Ninemile Ranger Station can get you set up with info if needed once you get settled.
Posted By: white17

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 12:28 AM

Which of those 5 bedrooms is Mine ? Please remember I am disabled and need a ground floor bedroom and bath !!

Hopefully YOU will be cutting the wood for that place !

You WE will like the infloor heat. It is sort of slow to respond but you will like it once you learn it !!

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: white17
Which of those 5 bedrooms is Mine ? Please remember I am disabled and need a ground floor bedroom and bath !!

Hopefully YOU will be cutting the wood for that place !

You WE will like the infloor heat. It is sort of slow to respond but you will like it once you learn it !!

Exactly on the floor heat.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 12:36 AM

Gotta buy that hat and then pointy boots the first week and a hanky around your neck! Partner wink

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 12:42 AM

Good idea Jerry !! He can pull that hanky up to hide the ring in his nose !
Posted By: Sharon

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 12:46 AM

grin cool

Oh boy !

I pass by Huson on the interstate when I drive down that way.

Nice area !

Beautiful house too.

I love floor heat. Quiet, and toasty on bare feet in the night and mornings.

Lolo N F is a nice area to be near.

I think the distance from where the family needs to be for school and work is good. You'll have the best of both worlds, country privacy, yet commutable amenities far enough away to not be a bother for every day living enjoyment. Thats the best.

You will be so happy. This state is nice in many ways. Lots of wonderful places out of the way to live life and be happy.

Don't forget to change your location in your name info !

Ill help you:

MONTANA

grin

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Law Dog
Gotta buy that hat and then pointy boots the first week and a hanky around your neck! Partner wink

Yep! LOL

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 12:50 AM

Guys.... I have wanted this for so long I'm in shock! wanted away from the ghetto for so long..... hate the east coast.... done done done!
I was born in Washington, dc.... moved to and was raised on a horse farm in upper Marlboro with a lot of hunting and trapping land around me! But Maryland has changed, it's not the same place I grew up in and loved..... for the last 15 years I have been boiling about it. I just want away so bad!

closing is in july, I will look forward to my first MONTANA TRAPPERS MEETING! And no excuses! ya'll montana toads better be there!!!! wink wink wink

God willing.... I will I promise! Peace! I have tons of work to do here, house is listing for 729gs$ and I need to cross my T's and Dot my "eye'zzzz" shocked shocked shocked LOL

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Sharon
grin cool

Oh boy !

I pass by Huson on the interstate when I drive down that way.

Nice area !

Beautiful house too.

I love floor heat. Quiet, and toasty on bare feet in the night and mornings.

Lolo N F is a nice area to be near.

I think the distance from where the family needs to be for school and work is good. You'll have the best of both worlds, country privacy, yet commutable amenities far enough away to not be a bother for every day living enjoyment. Thats the best.

You will be so happy. This state is nice in many ways. Lots of wonderful places out of the way to live life and be happy.

Don't forget to change your location in your name info !

Ill help you:

MONTANA

grin

can't wait.... something I have wanted for so long is finally coming close! come to that meeting! LOL

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 12:56 AM

wink wink wink suuuuure..... gauges too.... love those things! they smell like bait!

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: snowy
Originally Posted By: Law Dog

Yep! LOL

grin And get a truck big enough to pull a horse trailer when his kids discover the fun world of horse sports .... and plenty of amazing gun ranges to have fun at too, with cool youth groups and others to welcome everyone.

Ya need to drive it like us locals do- cowboy speed style ....lots of miles out here. Be safe yet assertive ! cool

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: John-Chagnon
Congrats you earned and deserve such a cool place to live. Wish you the best of luck my friend.

come on JC! You don't scare me!

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: BIRDOGS
Guys.... I have wanted this for so long I'm in shock! wanted away from the ghetto for so long..... hate the east coast.... done done done!
I was born in Washington, dc.... moved to and was raised on a horse farm in upper Marlboro with a lot of hunting and trapping land around me! But Maryland has changed, it's not the same place I grew up in and loved..... for the last 15 years I have been boiling about it. I just want away so bad!

closing is in july, I will look forward to my first MONTANA TRAPPERS MEETING! And no excuses! ya'll montana toads better be there!!!! wink wink wink

God willing.... I will I promise! Peace! I have tons of work to do here, house is listing for 729gs$ and I need to cross my T's and Dot my "eye'zzzz" shocked shocked shocked LOL

Ummmmmmmm The ad says price is right at 500 X What's going on ???

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 01:15 AM

wink wink wink suuuuure..... gauges too.... love those things! they smell like bait!

Well..........personally.............I've never had my nose close enough to tell. But hey !! ............ apparently you have !! )))

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 01:20 AM

grin And get a truck big enough to pull a horse trailer when his kids discover the fun world of horse sports .... and plenty of amazing gun ranges to have fun at too, with cool youth groups and others to welcome everyone.

Ya need to drive it like us locals do- cowboy speed style ....lots of miles out here. Be safe yet assertive ! cool

I suspect that means you need some of those lead boots !

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 01:28 AM

I suspect that means you need some of those lead boots !

grin grin

Those silver boot tips and heel guards will do just that wink

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 01:31 AM

Is this about driving or dancing laugh

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 01:33 AM

Stylin doing both grin

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 02:45 AM

Red just spent an hour of his life telling me about the area and I love him for it!!!!! now I can barely stand the wait!!!!
while in Rome Sharon!!!!!
White17 your in big trouble buddy!!!! wink wink wink

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 02:47 AM

I honestly don't care if I catch nothing on my trap line, and kill nothing hunting..... I'm gonna be high as a kite for at least a year!!!!!

Re: GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!!! ;) ;) ;) - 03/24/18 02:49 AM

Ummmmmmmm The ad says price is right at 500 X What's going on ???

the price of my trailer is 729gs$, the price of the house in montana is 499gs.... I'm retired now! I need to not be house poor for a week or two! LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums