Home

New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na?

Posted By: Law Dog

New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 08:45 PM

Wife want's to throw some cash at me for putting up with her, I was thinking of putting a chunk down on a new Tacoma but they look like they are pretty proud of them things. Looks like they want sticker price or they will knock off very little.

What kind of room can a guy work with on one of them is $500 off the best to expect? 2017 would work for me I'm not about the bling here function over fashion all the way. You would think they would deal on a 2017 but 95% are 4 doors I want a 2dr extended cab as a long wheel base in the river hills would not be user friendly here.

Who's has a 2017/2018 and what are you thoughts.
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 09:14 PM

2017 Extended cab...4X4..4 cyl...Manual...Utility..
Under 25 grand... before MN. fees

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 09:18 PM

Everything here is at $36,000 or better, 2017 was $35K The choices are all 6 cyl and autos did not see a stick listed at 3 different dealers online!

Your talking the "Cities" from your location?

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 09:26 PM

Special order.. Takes a few months. They don't advertise the utility package much. Only 4 colors to choose in that model so if you want a green one figure on paying about 10 grand more. But then you get a better "INFOTAINMENT" system too.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 09:37 PM

Thanks not sure they offer the 4cyl or stick any more will need to look into it~

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 09:42 PM

I found limited options on any with the 4cyl or stick shifts most are auto 6 cyl

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 09:45 PM

Try the Toyota website and "build you own"... Then go to your dealers with info in hand..
Check the wheelbases. I think all may be the same but you gain box length with the extended cab over the 4 door.

And the 4cyl manual will get better MPG.
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 09:53 PM

Yep..Had a 2.7 litre/ 4 cyl..Had 294,000 on it was greatly under powered. No issues no problems other than no power with a 410 rear end..Have upgraded to a 4.0 litre 6 cylinder has plenty of power and is automatic. The new 3.7 litre 6 cylinders are to me under powered with a auto. The tranny is constantly working back and forth so the people I know lock in the gear they want and use it that way..I don't know why Toyota went from a 4.0 down to a 3.7..Last year of the 4.0 was 2015..Don't sell yourself short..

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 09:54 PM

Thanks I see the utility package knocks off $1,700!

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Law Dog
Thanks I see the utility package knocks off $1,700!

But then you give up those boat cushions they call rear seats...
Posted By: Northmocats

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 09:59 PM

If you do alot of Offroad driving.. Save up and get the Offroad Package with the Locking rear Diff would be my advice. I have 2006 and Love it.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 10:00 PM

Yep..Once upon a time they put 6 cylinder in regular cab trucks...Now they don't even sell a regular cab 4cylinder anymore. So in order to get a 6cylinder I had to buy an extended cab. I found it on auto trader it took awhile to find "The Deal" but I was fortunate with time on my side.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 10:00 PM

The Nissan Frontier still uses a 4.0 6 cyl who has a new one of these?

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 10:08 PM

Yep..Don't know about the Nissans. I had also heard that Toyota was going to have a 4cyl diesel in the USA for 2018..I actually waited for that, however it never came to be. I also heard that jeep was coming back with their small truck. I think they called it a "Commanche" if it did come out it was supposed have the 4.0 litre
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 10:15 PM

Nissans-ya a couple guys I know have them-ok on the hwy but they aren't so great if you use them off road a lot.I have a new tacoma-it is very nice on the highway and decent in the back country-much better on fuel than the 4.0 was before it.The trans issue shifting up and down trying to find a gear was annoying-it was an easy fix the first year it happened-computer upgrade or whatever.Toyota stands behind their product.They have the highest re-sale out of any vehicle-yes any vehicle on the planet-there is a reason for it.
Posted By: traphound

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 10:24 PM

took several of the 2017's for a ride didn't like it. Always waiting for it to shift. ended up buying a 2015,smooth as silk driving what a difference. Just try and older than 16 then drive a new one you will see what I mean.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 10:28 PM

Our kind of truck is hard to find because men like us are getting rare. Most men who drive pickups buy one they hope will impress other men. Kinda like the woman who pays 200 bucks for jeans with holes in them to impress other women.

Most men wont take a new pickup on a gravel road let alone a two track or down a frozen creek. So buying one that was designed to do that, with a bed you can reach into to grab another trap or whatever, is getting tough to find even new. I bought a new truck in 08. Good at some stuff and not so much others. I don't believe there is a big enough market for the kind of truck a trapper needs.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 10:29 PM

Yep..That's what I did the 4.0 litre seems to me outdo the 3.7..If it uses more fuel than I,m OK with that cause I like the power with the towing I do

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 10:59 PM

Posted By: Davexx1

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 11:00 PM

With all of the floods in the south from storms & hurricanes in recent years, there has been many thousands of flooded vehicles. Many of those were sold with salvage titles. Buyer beware.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 11:02 PM

Yep..I drive mine in the "War Zones" of New Mexico. And baby we gottem here.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 11:44 PM

I have leased three Tacomas for 3 years each at 45,000 miles total. Started with a 2010, then a 2013 and now a 2017. They were/are double cabs 4x4 with V6's. The new truck, 2017, definitely struggles with towing as the transmission always seems to be searching for the sweet spot while towing my 12 foot enclosed aluminum trailer. Gas mileage without trailer is around 21 mpg but with trailer and heavy load or no load the mpg drops to 12. I do not do a lot of towing but if I did I would stay away from the newer Tacomas. My 2010 and 2013 towed fine but the newer one is a no!

Chris

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 11:45 PM

Jeep had a Scrambler truck many years back I see a company makes a PU bed for the Jeeps(Looks Cool) they were going to start producing them but that has not happened yet.

Not locked into anything just can't work out of a full size truck they would wear me out climbing up and down all day! Here I need the power to bust drifts we don't get a lot of snow but what we get drifts so the fields are bare but the low spots and gates seem to drift the most.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 11:46 PM

They must make a shift kit for them to improve the shifting you would think?
Posted By: charles

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/21/18 11:56 PM

Call Cotsco. I think they shop for auto deals.
Posted By: trapperbill

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 01:09 AM

No I would not buy a 2017 or 2018 tacoma. I have read too many problems about em.Tranny,rear differential and the engine . They really quit making good Tacoma’s after the first generation . My 2 cents
Posted By: varmintshooter

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 01:21 AM

I have a 4 cylinder, 5 speed, manual. Tough truck but you will not be happy with it, no power and bad gas mileage. The 6 cyl gets better gas and a heck of a lot more power. Drove a 2017 4x4, 6 cyl auto 4 door long bed to Wy and around 6000 miles running from 5 mph to 80 mph I averaged 21 mpg. The 2017 is one nice truck.
Posted By: Bristleback

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 01:27 AM

While I absolutely love my Toyota's, I'm just not that fond of the "new car/truck smell"......I much prefer to buy one 2-3 yrs old, 15,000-25,000 miles and save several $1,000 dollars. Let someone else eat the initial depreciation. All we do is put lots of miles on them and they run run run!!! But that's just us.
The last 2 we bought, we told our favorite Toyota dealership what we were looking for. They did the searching, would email us a few choices. Both times we were very happy with what they found. We were under zero obligation to buy if what they brought in didn't meet our expectations. I'll do it again in a year for our daughter and likely another year of two pending miles on my truck. Needless to say we have an excellent relationship with our Toyota dealership.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 01:33 AM

Law Dog.......you a big guy ? Or can you fit in one of them tin cans ?...iam 6'2" 250 ...and just finished putting a nose and painting a 2016.... hard getting in that truck ..for me...
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 01:36 AM

Some dealerships are known for selling at a lower price, my friend in wy said everyone goes a place in SD.
Few years back I got invoice price on ram truck, ordered truck from factory, through local dealership once and one in wy once, avoided all the extras they normally put on them, cut price on their commission, told them I'd give them 600$ over invoice to order truck, saved 3-4,000$, each truck
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 01:41 AM

I have a 2013 Tacoma use it for work and love it, I do ADC for a living so it gets its share
Of everything, put on around 40,000 miles a year and probably 10,000 miles with a trailer. It
Does drop in mileage quite a bit but it sure pulls fine. I see quite a few low mileage 2013/2014 tacomas
In the 20 thousand dollar range

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 02:39 AM

Lol you don't like new car smell, I bought my ram used, had 62k on it, guy stored it all winter in a dirt floor shed, it took almost a year to get rid of grease- dirt she'd smell in truck! I even cleaned the upholstery

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: charles
Call Cotsco. I think they shop for auto deals.

Thought you were joking but they do have a program for new vehicles!
Posted By: Mercer Lawing

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 12:55 PM

I have a '14 and an '02

Drive the '14 when I need a car and the '02 when I need a truck. The '14 runs like a champ smooth and fast but all the plastic crap rattles, squeaks and falls apart. My buddy with a '14 uses his on his ranch and the thing is simply falling apart. Recently he brought it to my shop and I had to do extensive work under the hood plating/gusseting and welding the front clip on. Metal they use these days is so thin the radiator fenders etc. where about to fall off from fractures.

Big following on the 2nd gen. Tacomas but a lot of denial there.

I will sell the '14 long before I would get rid of the '02.

ML
Posted By: merganser

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 01:00 PM

Shop around. I know it's been awhile, but instead of buying one here, I bought one out of Michaels Toyota, in Tacoma, WA. and saved $4000 over what they were asking here in Billings, MT. I flew one way, they picked me up at the airport and had the truck ready and I drove it back here. Keep in mind, that this was in 1998. Still have the Tacoma and drive it all the time, 315000 miles.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 01:05 PM

Yep..If I'm not mistaken the EPA, Has has changed the landscape of the automobile industry. The the EPA mandates what will and shall be the auto industry production vechiles in the USA has to conform. I think that's why one sees lighter frames,engines,exhaust and on and on.
Posted By: Cole semo

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 01:12 PM

Very safe trucks, I rolled down a ravine in one last year and came out unscathed.
Posted By: Boco

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 01:43 PM

Buy a Ford.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 01:49 PM

A full sized truck is about impossible to work out of any more without being part monkey no thanks they are just Cowboy Cadillac's anymore. 4 door boats that are more like a car then a truck today.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 03:02 PM

Trying to check what inventory is in my area went to one big dealer site and every time I click a search option no matter how minor the "can I help you" person would pop up. Just ticks me off once is fine but 3 times in the first 2 minutes is a pain make it tough to search that way looked at other places instead.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 03:35 PM

Am looking into Costco just to see what kind of break a guy can get there am guessing with Toyotas pricing structure they may not meet Costco's standards for a discount.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 03:39 PM

I searched a 5 state region when I initially started searching for my last Toyota. Found 3 trucks I liked at Billion Toyota in SFSD. Talked to salesman about the 3, we went over in detail. Gave him my first, second, third choice. We last talked at 8pm, as I was driving up to make a trade; I forget it was like a 5-6 hour drive. I get there first thing, 8am. We go to test drive the 3 vehicles we discussed. Start with #2 then #3....I'd like to drive my first choice.....ummmmm let me look for it.........can't find it right now, hummm "let's make a deal on one of these 2". No, I want to drive my #1 choice, more time waiting.....salesman comes back, we can't find it. I ask is it sold, no. Is it being test driven?? No. Well, where is it, we talked late last night and it was here, I'm here first thing this am........what's up??!! I go to the Sales Mgr, he offers another $1,000 off choice #2, LOL.......no, I want to see/drive my first choice and explain I'd driven 5-6 hours to make this deal and we had about 15 more minutes and I was leaving. I walked out to my truck, called another Toyota dealership I'd test driven a truck the day before, asked if the truck was still available, gave him my offer and said if you agree I'll be there in 4 hours and trade, period. They agreed and I walked back into Billion, asked what was up......still can't find my #1 choice and I said no worries, I just bought another truck from another dealership. I professionally expressed my displeasure with them and walked out and made my trade at the other dealership. In my opinion, they're clearly a high volume dealership, in/out wham bam and on down the road, very little interest in developing any kind of relationship. That's fine, I've taken my business elsewhere and also referred 2-3 others to them since and they've been very happy.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 03:44 PM

HA, don't believe the hype about new truck depreciation........that's laughable.
PLEASE translate for us then.....buy a brand new truck, does the value stay the same, go up in value......or depreciate.....3 days, 3 months, 3 years after your purchase......
"The used truck was only priced about $10-$15,000 below the price of a new truck"........please explain why the USED truck was priced $10-15,000 less?? Of course it has nothing to do with depreciation, LOL. Tires and brakes must have been really really worn.
Posted By: Rammer

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 03:48 PM

Goodluck Jerry! I live up by Aberdeen, and my last three vehicle purchases didn’t go well for me. I’ve never tried the Toyota dealership but the Ram dealer lost my business. Billion in Sioux Falls beat them by 6k two times in a row over the phone without even seeing my trade. I bought the wife a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited two years ago, and grand island Nebraska beat them by 7k.
Posted By: Miley

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 04:03 PM

I have a 2017 off road dblcb love it . It is a different truck then my 2009 sport dblcb,different tranny wise, but I’m getting used to it. Go for it!
Posted By: jk

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 04:27 PM

"Cowboy Cadillac's" I like that. so what is out there for a full sized extended cab 4X4 that you can reach over the sides to pick things up off the bed? I don't want 4 doors, don't even mind if you have to fold up the seat back to get into the xcab area. My favorite jittney was a Cheyenne Xbed '97 350 stick had the granny gear in low range. It got 16 highway at 60ish and could pull a mountian of it's base. Do I have to look at compacts to get to reach into the bed. Then I would need a trailor. I am 5'9" nothing special 200 pounds. Is there nothing out there????? jk

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 04:47 PM

Toyota Access cabs, Nissan Frontier 2dr, Honda Ridgelines are all I can think of.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 04:54 PM

Looked at the Billion Toyota site they have a math problem they had a 2017 that was marked $5,000 off MSRP and their price was $5,000 over the MSRP made me laugh might be a trick to get a guy to call them! LOL
Posted By: thskeer

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 06:07 PM

I have a 2017 Toyota with Access cab. 4 WD, 4 cyl with a 6 speed Automatic OD transmission. BARE BONES model- it doesn't have a bench or jump seats in the back. It is so bare it doesn't even have delay or mist settings for the wipers! I got it for 22,300 in November.

Only have about 3100 miles on it but the only complaint is that when shifting from 3rd to 4th under load- say up hill- it seems to rev pretty high. Almost like it cant decide to shift. I'd like to find a chip that mellowed that out a little.

Mileage is about 19 MPG, which isn't great, but it is better than I was getting in my Nissan Frontier 2wd with the big 6 cyl motor. Given that low of a number it might be worth it to go with the 6 cyl if the option was there.

As for value- the sales manager told me "bring it back in 3 years with normal wear, no accidents and all maintenance records and we will give you 70% of what you paid in trade on another." I asked him if the deal was only good using their dealership for routine stuff and he said "Nope. If you have receipts for oil and filters at routine intervals you're good." FYI it has Toyota care for 2 years for free and is full synthetic with a 10k mile change recommendation.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 06:46 PM

Pencil all you like, but to say that new vehicles don't depreciate is simply wrong. Talk to any experienced investment person, accountant. The kinds of vehicles we're discussing.......common trucks, do NOT go up in value. Sure some depreciate slower than others, especially Toyota's.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 07:23 PM

I run a 87-88 D50 depending on what numbers you look at on it! LOL A mix of 3 trucks to build one it is a breeze to work out of 1/2 the bed is reachable from the side your one quick and easy for me. The top of a full size truck I can not see the bottom of the bed even they are so high. One is way easier then the other for me that's what I'm looking for to trap/hunt with.
Posted By: luvcanids

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 07:41 PM

Might check out the Tundra’s before 2006, best truck T has marketed. Better power and better ride then any Tacoma and in today’s world not much bigger then the the tocoma’s of today.
Had 2 and they have held up.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Bristleback
I searched a 5 state region when I initially started searching for my last Toyota. Found 3 trucks I liked at Billion Toyota in SFSD. Talked to salesman about the 3, we went over in detail. Gave him my first, second, third choice. We last talked at 8pm, as I was driving up to make a trade; I forget it was like a 5-6 hour drive. I get there first thing, 8am. We go to test drive the 3 vehicles we discussed. Start with #2 then #3....I'd like to drive my first choice.....ummmmm let me look for it.........can't find it right now, hummm "let's make a deal on one of these 2". No, I want to drive my #1 choice, more time waiting.....salesman comes back, we can't find it. I ask is it sold, no. Is it being test driven?? No. Well, where is it, we talked late last night and it was here, I'm here first thing this am........what's up??!! I go to the Sales Mgr, he offers another $1,000 off choice #2, LOL.......no, I want to see/drive my first choice and explain I'd driven 5-6 hours to make this deal and we had about 15 more minutes and I was leaving. I walked out to my truck, called another Toyota dealership I'd test driven a truck the day before, asked if the truck was still available, gave him my offer and said if you agree I'll be there in 4 hours and trade, period. They agreed and I walked back into Billion, asked what was up......still can't find my #1 choice and I said no worries, I just bought another truck from another dealership. I professionally expressed my displeasure with them and walked out and made my trade at the other dealership. In my opinion, they're clearly a high volume dealership, in/out wham bam and on down the road, very little interest in developing any kind of relationship. That's fine, I've taken my business elsewhere and also referred 2-3 others to them since and they've been very happy.

I think I found that truck you could not find at Billion in Sioux Falls! The only one marked $5000 off with fancy wheels/tires, sunroof but the price is plus $5,000 over MSRP for a listed price and no listing of the sunroof they show in the pic when I looked for it in the listed description. LOL I see they have a (this may not be the vehicle listed) disclaimer in smaller print at the bottom.
Posted By: TurTLe

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/22/18 10:23 PM

I think 2017 Tacomas are still at 0% interest. I just bought mine last month. That's for the whole 60 months.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 12:50 AM

Can probably reach over the bed rail ,on this one

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 12:51 AM

And those Jeeps hold their value too

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 12:53 AM

The way I understand it, it depreciates 3-4k$ when you drive off the lot, it's the money they charged for a profit, true value of truck doesn't include their commission

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Nessmuck

Can probably reach over the bed rail ,on this one

If they sold them like this I'd look into it seen a kit a couple of years ago they said Jeep was going to produce them but have not seen one on the road yet.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Tactical.20
The way I understand it, it depreciates 3-4k$ when you drive off the lot, it's the money they charged for a profit, true value of truck doesn't include their commission

I searched one place they wanted 36,000 for a new Tacoma and they had a used one for 35,000 I was shocked.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 04:03 AM

It's the used stuff they make the most on per vehicle,

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 11:58 AM

Thanks Jerry, sure hope you're able to help them find the missing truck, LOL. Games, no thanks!! Good luck, just be careful there.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 12:15 PM

last new tacoma i bought for cash in 2000. Paid 18,000 and change. It was 4 cyl with really big factory wheels,lockouts,standard cab,5 speed,reese hitch,dual range tranny. It was an absolute tank,thru rivers,up mountains...90 mph on i 90 without trying....crappy mileage. best i ever got was 21 at 2000 rpm with tailgate down. 2000 rpm was only 52 mph
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 12:33 PM

I have a ‘16 SR5 access cab. 49k miles now. Was a couple small warranty issues. But those are now resolved. I really, really like it.
It listed right around 34k. Had some fancy trim package on it that didn’t interest me. Like $1900 in options. I told the dealer that I wasn’t interested in paying for the bells and whistles. He showed me future build sheets from both assembly plants. None were scheduled to come the way I wanted. So I asked if they would wave the costs of those options? He said, absolutely! I said, right it up and 1 hour later I was driving home with it.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 01:39 PM

My son sold cars about ten years ago, he said check true car website, see what others are paying
Posted By: goatman

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 02:17 PM

Can check out Edmunds.com also. Want a used one. Maybe Enterprise rentals has one for sale.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 03:09 PM

[quote=Law Dog]Wife want's to throw some cash at me for putting up with her,
Right<im sure C would back you up about 3 steps if she knew u said that!!

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: west river rogue
[quote=Law Dog]Wife want's to throw some cash at me for putting up with her,
Right<im sure C would back you up about 3 steps if she knew u said that!!

Her words not mine.

Talked to a dealer 90 miles away so they are the closest one. LOL Wanted around $36,500 list I offered them $34,000 no deal will see of he calls me back or not. No problem here I could drive and mini bike and live in a culver and still be OK with that, will see what happens still waiting on Costco to get back to me.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 06:33 PM

$32,778 for a new 2017 Tacoma here in St. Cloud MN. You buy it and I will deliver to Yankton or Sioux Falls for you.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 06:39 PM

PM me the dealer info maybe they do the Costco thing up that way? Might take you up on that offer I have traveled before to get a D50 over by Albert Lee.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 06:43 PM

Toyota of St. Cloud in Waite Park, MN. And I am serious about delivery. I still have to move some stuff up here from NE.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 07:45 PM

Oh boy, your winter will be about a month longer where you are now lol

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/23/18 07:56 PM

Oh boy, your winter will be about a month longer where you are now lol

Ya but he can scratch the marten and fisher off of his bucket list in the future!

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/24/18 02:15 PM

Those would be fun. I'm hoping to get a newer ram before long, mine has 372k on it, I would like one new enough to have side air bags, bummer ram no longer makes a extended cab, only four doors now, be nice if they could improve mileage, I get up to 22 @ 60 mph with my '02

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/24/18 02:26 PM

That 4 door thing is crazy every place I checked into be it Ford or Toyota was 4 door heavy but like Danny said they are used more like cars then trucks anymore!

The salesmen did mention a "crawler" option where the tires move independently if you need traction sound weird.
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/24/18 03:15 PM

FWIW......Ford is supposed to be bring out their Ranger again about July of this year.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/24/18 03:29 PM

One customer of mine had newer ram, all wheel drive like a Jeep, that would help in snow

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/24/18 03:29 PM

Heard it was coming back but not when, I'm in no hurry so I will check it out! Thanks

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/24/18 03:34 PM

One customer of mine had newer ram, all wheel drive like a Jeep, that would help in snow

I had 2 Dodges I could not get away from them fast enough the "Dodge" I drive today is a Mitsubishi the best Dodge they never built we say in the D50 circle! No Dodge for this guy they don't back them, somehow they think a front axle sealed bearing on a 4WD is not drivetrain after 13 months.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/24/18 04:28 PM

I've had5 Rams, two with Cummings, the '05 durapig I bought I hated it sold it after a year and bought a used Cummins, only truck I'll get, most miles I ever put on a truck, 372k

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/24/18 04:29 PM

Changed 6 wheel bearings in 10 years, better than new truck pmts

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/24/18 04:32 PM

I got a new '92 extended cab Toyota, great paint rock chip protection, only feature I liked on it, 0-10 below front axle made very loud sea lion like groans, drove me crazy, scared fox out of beds from the road, extremely rough riding truck in 92

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/25/18 02:25 PM

Looking for a used truck on line stinks, none of them are packaged the way I want it

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/25/18 02:36 PM

The salesman seemed clueless I looked up the crawler option he said was for getting out of places if you get stuck and each wheel worked like a limited slip but that was BS. The crawler option is just a "lower gear" option to control your speed and nothing to do with being stuck.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/25/18 03:27 PM

Ya some sales guys might be new, or sell mostly cars, truck salesman could be busy?
When I bought this truck on eBay, I was also looking at two on woodhouses website, I can't find hardly any on their site now, only ones are short bed, auto trans

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/25/18 03:54 PM

Finding a 2 door is a chore 4 doors are like rain drops also what's left over at the end of the year, so the 2drs don't get the markdowns like the 4drs get.
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/25/18 03:58 PM

Didn't you guys get the tweet? We're supposed to be buying 'Murican.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/25/18 04:00 PM

I'd get an extended cab, but the '02 is the last one, now I have to get a 4 door, Ford n gm still have them, but I won't buy one of them

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/25/18 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
Didn't you guys get the tweet? We're supposed to be buying 'Murican.

Built in America down south you think Ford or GM are all American parts? You have been in a car parts rooms I would guess.
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/25/18 04:23 PM

I don't care what you buy or where it's from. I just assumed with all the hoopla about steel tariffs and other forms of protectionism that buying 'Murican was the in thing now. I hope you find a vehicle that suits you.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/25/18 04:27 PM

Nice idea but today if it's not plastic it's probably not made in the US really the next time you get home from a shopping trip take the plastic items and put them off to the side and see what American made items you end up with. You would be surprised the amount of items made in other countries that go on a US auto.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/25/18 09:23 PM

Costco called today no dealer in my area but one near Omaha. The interesting part was even after the price they quote the incentive deals are still in play where the dealer I talked with it was one or the other $500.00 cash off or 1.9 interest.

Will see what they say if they call tomorrow.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 05:19 AM

Woodhouse?
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Law Dog
The salesman seemed clueless I looked up the crawler option he said was for getting out of places if you get stuck and each wheel worked like a limited slip but that was BS. The crawler option is just a "lower gear" option to control your speed and nothing to do with being stuck.

You can watch an example of the crawl mode on you tube .

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 01:55 PM

My biggest options I wanted were the locking rear end and I'd like a stick shift problem is the locking rear end comes on the off-road package and the stick shift on the sport package it looks like sticks are very rare!

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 02:06 PM

That crawl control is cool can't see all the wheels working or how they work together but it works neat as heck the listing in the options is poor but the feature is way cool!

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 02:07 PM

Couple years ago ram was only one with a manual, of top three

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 02:18 PM

Corwin in Bellevue, NE (East of Omaha) was the closest place they said that did the Costco thing. Guessing they are a high volume dealer that makes their money on this off of factory incentives more then the deal alone.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 02:41 PM

Yup I bet so, those are probably a good place, high volume dealership
Let us Know how you like new one, mileage n ect

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 03:14 PM

Dealer called today will send me some numbers will see what they come up with I gave him 2 vehicle options to look into!
Posted By: Northmocats

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 03:31 PM

I know my 06 has been a good ride. It gets used as a truck to. Offroad all the time trapping and hunting/fishing. Just put a new wheel bearing and new front axles under it. Also done sway bar links and bushings. Its driving solid again. Gonna do shocks next.

Good luck in searching for a good deal. Post some pics if you find one.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 03:34 PM

My 2017 utility (manual) came standard with limited slip rear. I read up on it and it has nothing to do with the differential. The wheel that spins automaticly gets brake applied. Reminds me of an old Farmall M tractor.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 03:34 PM

Yup off road is hard on all trucks, atv does 95% of my off road trapping

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 03:54 PM

The games have begun I have worked for dealers long enough to not trust them a bit! LOL So far I will save $3.00 from what they want on the internet offerings of the same vehicle. frown

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 04:15 PM

My son sold cars about ten years ago, he said check true car website, see what others are paying

Very good advice right there...

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 04:25 PM

Nothing earth shaking yet $500 below what I could get for here no big deal, just waiting to see if they will go the 1.9 on the balance after the down payment like the Costco lady said they would.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 05:50 PM

Once I mentioned the Costco agreement of incentives (1.9 interest) still apply after the discount the emails stopped coming! LOL Don't like the $1,300 in dealer fees they added onto the price also. I did delivery at dealers in my younger days not a lot to it not like we had to put the truck together. whistle

Really wash it, scape off the sticker clean windows, take off the protective films, add antenna if it has one and toss in the paper mats. A delivery charge I can understand but not no $1,300 in dealer fees.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 05:57 PM

Don't act too interested Jerry, let them choke on it for awhile!

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 05:59 PM

Don't really need one or the payment that goes with it even if it's not that big so they have nothing on me! LOL
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 06:30 PM

Yeah, my ole 98 is getting a few issues, but after looking at truecar, think I'll fix what is wrong! lol
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 06:40 PM

I've bought a few new vehicles over the years but we only buy when me need one. We do our homework before we go looking. (On that new thing called the Internet) We know what we are going to spend, go to the dealership, make it clear I'm not playing games and if we don't get the deal we move on.
I remember leaving a dealership without a purchase, going to they're sister dealership in another town, explained our purpose and drove off with a new SUV within an hour deal done.

Best pickup I ever owned was a 1996 Toyota Tacoma, 4 cylinder automatic, good truck. Makes me mad every time I see the guy I sold it to driving it down the road.

JMO
B

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/26/18 08:41 PM

toyota dealers were very hard to deal with here. I bought my last new one in 2000 for 18,000 cash and change. My local in town dealer wouldnt deal a bit and i told him i had cash in my pocket. Drove 60 miles to large city and got it for 600 cheaper and they threw in my added hitch.

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/27/18 03:53 AM

Settled on $33,500 out the door no surprises plus the 1.9 interest rate, it had a $36,400 sticker so that is not bad for a Toyota.

Costco who knew (Charles did)!
Posted By: Larry Bowden

Re: New Tacomas whos got Ya of Na? - 03/29/18 03:24 AM

Jerry,
I bought and still have a 2003 extended cab, V6, 16" steel wheels, AC, 5 speed with tow package brand new from a dealer in Casper WY. Only have 138,000 on it now, best investment ever. Gets around great off road and couldn't be happier with it.
When I was dealing on it I checked with the dealer in Cheyenne Wy. and they really seemed good. They are close enough to Denver to have to compete with the big high volume dealers. I think the dealership name was Maverick Toyota.
I looked at a new one a while back (2018) just for the fun of it but honestly I like my old one better.
My only complaint about mine is I get tired of people stopping me and trying to buy it!
Good luck,
Larry
© 2024 Trapperman Forums