Home

Dick's

Posted By: Getting There

Dick's - 03/10/18 11:59 AM

I see a teenager is taking Dick's to court for not selling him a long gun I think it was. Any one else see this?
Posted By: AJE

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 12:13 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/398288002

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/410060002
Posted By: Txcoonman

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 01:26 PM

Lol I thought this was another fha thread
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 01:26 PM

laugh
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 02:04 PM

If they don't want to sell you their goods, go somewhere else.
The store is no worse that the bakery that would not sell the wedding cake for a gay wedding. And the guy who wanted the gun is no more more special than the gay who wanted the cake.

We allow too much of this type of stuff to make it's way into the news. It does serve to occupy time that would be better spent on other things. It also allows a nobody to make the news.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 02:16 PM

Poor libs might have to follow the courts ruling they started with the cake baker.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 02:48 PM

Hope he wins!
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: gryhkl
The store is no worse that the bakery that would not sell the wedding cake for a gay wedding. And the guy who wanted the gun is no more more special than the gay who wanted the cake.

We allow too much of this type of stuff to make it's way into the news. It does serve to occupy time that would be better spent on other things. It also allows a nobody to make the news.
Except that there is a law against age descrimination. I'm not arguing either side of this deal. I'm just sayin'.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: trapperkeck

Except that there is a law against age descrimination. I'm not arguing either side of this deal. I'm just sayin'.

I agree. I hope hope he wins. These 3 stores are denying him his 2nd. Imagine the outcry if walmart 7-11 or circle k said they won't sell booze to anyone under age 35. States would jump in right away.
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 04:04 PM

The NRA have a law suit on FL for passing the age thing like was did to the one in OR had done to him for the stores he look to by a long gun .It will some thing to watch.Since it is not a fed law you need to be 21 to get a long gun.

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 07:28 PM

The buttercup should just buck-up and find a store that will not deny him service. Everybody wants to cry discrimination and seek a payday.
Posted By: coalminer

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 07:32 PM

I asked a local gun shop, if that is a store policy, maybe a hard fight even thou it is not a federal law. I agree, take my money else where,
That probably hurts them more. Just my .02.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: hippie
Poor libs might have to follow the courts ruling they started with the cake baker.

Exactly , I think this is his point with the law suit

Will be interesting to see outcome

Re: Dick's - 03/10/18 07:39 PM

The buttercup should just buck-up and find a store that will not deny him service. Everybody wants to cry discrimination and seek a payday.

Sometimes ya just have to buck-up and pay these liberals back.

You name it, they are the ones to start this crap

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 12:44 AM

Makes us as bad as they are.............I'm tellin' mom-you started it!
Posted By: kickingbird

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 01:24 AM

I have wanted an AR for a long time can not seem to come up with the cash but; i would not trade 1 child's life for the right to own one . The world has changed . Bend or break.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 01:29 AM

How does taking away the right to own an ar-15 save one childs life?...Maybe make murder illegal instead?

You could save many childs lives by banning texting while driving. Wait..thats already illegal but people do it anyway, maybe make cell phones that can text illegal to save children from car accidents?

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: kickingbird
I have wanted an AR for a long time can not seem to come up with the cash but; i would not trade 1 child's life for the right to own one . The world has changed . Bend or break.
Would you trade one child's life for a phone, because cell phones kill more people in American on any given day than guns do. I can tell you how many people I know have been killed in my home town by guns in the past 10 years. Exactly, Zero. I also know of at least 5 people in the last 3 years that were killed because of texting and driving, including two small children. Contrary to "the news", there is not a gun violence epidemic taking place in this country, but they would sure like you to believe there is. Morons...
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 02:59 AM

I would much rather live and die free, in a risky world, than to live as a slave in a safe one. Honestly the risk of someone you love, getting shot with an AR15, or any other legally purchased firearm is so low, it's not worth worrying about.

Liberals would save many more people by making all cars have the same protective equipment as racecars, but it would be more inconvenient and racecars can't be used to overthrow a corrupt liberal government.

Keith
Posted By: Art S

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 03:10 AM

In 2014 there were 652,639 abortions in the U.S.,just saying.
The CDC says in 2012 there were roughly 11,000 non-suicide gun deaths in the U.S.,
that same year the CDC estimated that somewhere from 500,000 to 3,000,000 people
were SAVED through the use of a gun. IBD

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 03:18 AM

More people are killed by drunk driver every day and by weapons. This list goes on and on. More people have died at the hands of there own government than any other way, how may Jews died at the hands for the Germans! This is not JMO it is a fact!!!!!!

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 03:29 AM

crazy
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 05:56 AM

What's it like to live in fear of liberty?

Mike
Posted By: ringtailtrapper

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike in A-town

Mike

He lives in Illinois, and most gun owners there already feel neutered. His ideology has become indoctrinate into many of the citizens of that state, and we now have a growing segment of the population that feel that somehow his ideology is normal. Wrong !!

Kickingbird, do you blame a fork for a the death of a person that is massively overweight , and has heart problems, or do you blame the person that stuffed his face full of food 24/7/365 ??? I'm betting you blame the fork.

RTT
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 10:13 AM

kickingbird start with the big killer. internal combustion powered vehicles. now that is a REAL killer of little kids and old wimmin.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 11:12 AM

A lot of folks jumping on board with Dicks. Even Ellen Degenerate has decided she likes dicks now.

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 11:43 AM

Dick's, sometimes a name says enough !!

RTT

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Gary Benson
A lot of folks jumping on board with Dicks. Even Ellen Degenerate has decided she likes dicks now.
That, in and of itself, is reason enough to boycott the place! whistle
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 01:57 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 02:10 PM

Wow..
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 02:23 PM

That's a good one gary. Haha
Posted By: Woodsloafer72

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 02:25 PM

I had to clean off my puter. It got a coffee bath. Good one Gary!
Posted By: skippyturtle

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: ringtailtrapper
Originally Posted By: Mike in A-town
[quote=kickingbird]I have wanted an AR for a long time can not seem to come up with the cash but; i would not trade 1 child's life for the right to own one . The world has changed . Bend or break.

Mike [/quote

He lives in Illinois, and most gun owners there already feel neutered. His ideology has become indoctrinate into many of the citizens of that state, and we now have a growing segment of the population that feel that somehow his ideology is normal. Wrong !!

Kickingbird, do you blame a fork for a the death of a person that is massively overweight , and has heart problems, or do you blame the person that stuffed his face full of food 24/7/365 ??? I'm betting you blame the fork.

RTT

If Chicago would only make some gun laws they could save some of the thugs there. Wait never mind they already have strict gun laws and yet have high murder rates.

Hey kickingbird do you think it is ironic that you live in a screwed up state with a city that has high murder rates and strict gun laws that clearly do not help, yet you come on here in favor of gun control to stop murder? Simple answer bud. Look at your own state and you will see gun control is not the answer. Making something illegal to stop something that is already illegal is not the answer and does not work.

Cocaine is illegal so lets make it illegal to import it and it will stop.

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 02:53 PM

Ya! Why is murder illegal? People still do it, so having a law against it is not the answer and does not work.

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 02:59 PM

Why do we have so many gun law? It is easy, the first law did not work so lets pass another law it did not work, so on and so on. JMO
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 03:00 PM

Who actually goes into Dicks to buy guns to start with? Only time I go in there to get anything is to buy golf balls, tees, and maybe a new set of batting gloves. Dont think I get anywhere near the fishing/hunting section unless its to chase a family member down.
Posted By: kickingbird

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 03:09 PM

Some of the logic on this post suggest i should blame the paint, not the lead's fault that was put in paint. Or maybe it was the bald eagles fault not the pesticide ddt. I just stated my opinion as others have too. Just saying i do not need one that bad.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 03:18 PM

It does not bother me at all if someone else does not want to own an ar-15 but when that translates to no one should own one I get my dander up.

smile
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 03:42 PM

Seen this the other day a lot of free ranging kids out there today and making more pointless new gun rules will do nothing to fix that. Times have changed yes but your going in the wrong direction it seems.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Marty
It does not bother me at all if someone else does not want to own an ar-15 but when that translates to no one should own one I get my dander up.

smile

It's the same old (ME,ME) thinking "I don't hunt with dogs, bait bears, trap, hunt, fish or eat meat" so everyone else should not. Gets me going too Marty we are being regulated into how they think we should think!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 04:17 PM

That is the progressive mindset right there - DO NOT try to think on your own. You will be told what to think!

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 04:28 PM

That is what foxnews is for wink.

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 04:36 PM

X2 gryhkl, If you have never watch foxnews watch it once, I did, what a difference. OK I am ready for the backlash.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 04:40 PM

Obviously you never watch it close enough, you can hardly call most of the people what they claim to be ideologically. Dont watch any news network, youll be happier and more informed.

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 04:50 PM

I watch it very often. They and CNN are opposite sides of the same coin. One must get the news from many sources. I don't believe too many of those who watch either of the above want anything that is not slanted the way they want it to be.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 05:17 PM

One of those idiots told me that one can't use an AR for hunting. So I asked him what he uses to hunt with.

Ohhh I don't hunt..... was the answer.

Idiots the whole lot of them. Ignoring the fact that the 2A has nothing to do with hunting in the first place, IQ stumps like that just pee me off.
The older I get, the less tolerance I have for these morons.

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 05:34 PM

I watch it very often. They and CNN are opposite sides of the same coin. One must get the news from many sources. I don't believe too many of those who watch either of the above want anything that is not slanted the way they want it to be.

Why watch any news feed ??? The proof in the pudding is what has been introduced in said legislation by the said political terrorist. These people are bent upon not changing gun laws, but they want to create a whole new culture that views firearms as unnecessary in any community, or setting within life. They want a persona that guns are violent, cause death, and pose a direct threat to all humane life, and they will do anything, and hitch themselves to any political terrorist that will move that agenda forward. If you have a problem with me call them political terrorist, then please explain why groups like BLM, that hitch themselves to the anti gun lobby, and have no problem calling NRA members terrorist, and that is acceptable, and ok to the liberal media, why's that ok ???

BLM, and some of these groups are wanting blood in the street, and will not be happy until they get what they want, even if that means they have to create the scenario themselves to make it happen. It will be a sad day within this country when we have citizen fighting citizen again, but if those that seem bent upon forcing others into their ideology push hard enough, then I fear that is exactly what will happen. Many will never give up any type of firearm to the government, no matter what type of spin you put on it. They use said media outlets to help indoctrinate, and push that agenda forward, so look at the actions, not the media.

RTT

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 05:39 PM

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what side is for guns and what side is against guns, regardless of what news station you watch, good grief.

Just sounds like liberal excuses to me.

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 05:41 PM

read this if your that ......
https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads....pansive_#UNREAD

Re: Dick's - 03/11/18 07:12 PM

Lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums