Home

Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck

Posted By: Anonymous

Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 03:50 AM

Jim Spencer rode with me a few days this week and I put him to work spraying ticks on south Texas bobcats. Yesterday was a doozie of a day with a Polaris full of kitties. Cat breeding season is in full swing and it's great to be a trapper!

Mark

Posted By: jzahntrapper

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 04:07 AM

awesome catch Mark
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 04:10 AM

That's a danndy day there!
Posted By: Keef

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 04:58 AM

Awesome day, you must have learned how to do it from a DVD. smile Joking of course, I learned a lot from watching your DVDs.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 05:08 AM

Nice haul,still prime there?
Posted By: K9Wolfer

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 05:54 AM

Yes!!!
Posted By: micheal

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 10:31 AM

Congrats
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 10:43 AM

Those bobcats look dead. looks like a few long days to put that many in the back of machine and then spray them with ticks. I doubt the ticks will attach to dead cats. I don't get it???

grin grin grin grin grin
Posted By: coop

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 12:55 PM

Pretty nice of Jim to come down and give you lessons... wink
Posted By: Mac

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 01:25 PM

I was lucky to spend some time with Mr. Spencer poking round the woods in Maine. He is a great, down to earth guy. Glad you got to spend some time with him.
Mac
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 01:42 PM

Looks like a pretty good time to me .Even if the ticks where in need of being sprayed .Here in PA from Wed. Dec .27th 2017 thru Sun. Jan. 7th 2018 the temperature did not get above 30 degrees one day. I was still removing ticks from my foxes and I was not checking traps in a short sleeve shirt . I am jealous in more than one way . Nice picture.

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 02:46 PM

I better clarify my smart alecky post. I was poking fun at the way the first was written. It could be read to say cats were being sprayed with ticks not for ticks.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 02:50 PM

great job,have one of Jim's 1 1/2's that hangs in front of me on the fireplace.prized possession.dang guy's writing fueled an addiction to mink i can't shake til this day.even worse is those cats,man i like you guy's cats.

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 02:55 PM

yep. nice catch
Posted By: lcd

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark June
Jim Spencer rode with me a few days this week and I put him to work spraying ticks on south Texas bobcats. Yesterday was a doozie of a day with a Polaris full of kitties. Cat breeding season is in full swing and it's great to be a trapper!

Mark

Mark, You should have put his butt to work in the fur shed. (hahaha). I bet he had some stories to tell while you all were checking the line. Very nice catch.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 09:04 PM

First you run around with that south gawga white trash and now admit to running with poor dirt between the toes arkinsaw white trash, your really going down from your hey days mark, hahaha.

Nice road kills also, lol. must be some real dumb cats that can't get out of the way of that atv, must of had spencer driving the thing to rack up that many at one time, haha

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 09:19 PM

laugh
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 09:36 PM

How did you get them to put their legs up in the air like that?

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 09:46 PM

he's in Texas,just hollered stick em up. grin
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/04/18 10:50 PM

Wow , awesome catch!

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/05/18 02:02 AM

Jim is a BLAST!! He gets up every morning, P's outside the bunkhouse even though we have adequate potties inside, and then hoots like an owl off the porch in search of turkeys! Who-who-who-who whooo...
I told him I couldn't really care about big birds and that he can P inside but he'd rather aim at the ground first thing in the morning (I guess?). We had a real nice afternoon the day he took those pics and then hit the trail back home to AR, but it's been cooler and cloudy, and misty/spitting darn near every day so it makes riding a trap line in a buggy rugged at times. And I prefer to take pics on nice days when I'm not throwing my D-handle shovel at Ma Nature!

Jtrapper, you know that I'm hanging out with the cream. Sweet Home Alabama brother! Jimmy loved the 70 miles a day we did on my Polaris. Said it set all his joints back in place, especially when we were in rocky areas... and the whole ranch is a BIG WHITE ROCK!
Posted By: HAGz

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/05/18 02:17 AM

oooooooh weeeeeeeee... man o man June Bug, that'll make a fella week in the knees with catches like that buddy... Congrats and if it were me, I'd be carry'ing around those lucky coon peckers ya got there and probably not wash my skivvies 'till the end of season... not superstitious or anything really, just sayin'... lol
Posted By: Jim Spencer

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/05/18 03:27 AM

Y'all don't believe e everything June or jtrapper say, they'll both lie when the truth works better. Nittany Lion too, for that matter. It was a good trip. Look for the story in TPC this summer.

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/05/18 03:49 AM

I don't lie Jimmy.... there are wet spots all over the limestone gravel to prove it really happened wink
Who-who-who-who-whoooo

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/05/18 03:51 AM

HagZ,

I only have one word to say.....

WINDWALKER

cool
Posted By: jonesy

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/05/18 11:16 AM

how come you and Bradbury aint on the white river knockin some beaver???

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/05/18 02:13 PM

Bradbury got old on me, jonesy. We quit trapping together three or four seasons back. We had ten good years, though, knocked down a lot of critters and fell out of a lot of boats. He's still kicking, I talked to him about a week ago, he's still grumpy as ever. Interesting side note: his daughter is researching the family genealogy and has discovered his 6x grandfather is none other than Daniel Boone. Ol' Bill never kilt a bar and carved it into a tree, but he sure made a pile of furbearers pay the price.
Posted By: bandy

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/05/18 02:22 PM

Maybe i can get Jim up here in Virginia i need some of that luck after the season i had Jim maybe you can bring a luck cats foot when you come to Bland this year.
Posted By: jonesy

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/05/18 02:32 PM

father time will get us all im afraid... hes a legend around them parts and born too late.. if I get into stone co ill stop in sometime.........
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/05/18 09:15 PM

I had a buddy that peed on the ground and hooted like that Mark, sorriest guy I ever met, lol.

I'm doing the cats one at a time, had another today, trying to save stinky turkeys.

Re: Jim Spencer - TPC editor brought me bobcat luck - 03/07/18 01:26 AM

Good on you Mudrat. Save them turkeys, kill them cats.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums