Home

Mr. & Mrs. Mange

Posted By: River Birch

Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/06/18 06:52 PM

Two reds with mange, middle of mating season guess the pups will have the mange too now?

This one's "mate" is not looking mange free ....

Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/06/18 06:58 PM

I don't think mange is inherited. The mites or what ever you call them are spread from Animal to animal. So I suppose the pups are likely to pick them up from the parents.
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/06/18 07:32 PM

A few years ago a mangy female had pups under an unused shed. Never saw mange on any of the pups.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/06/18 07:34 PM

That's a Shame either way you look at it.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/06/18 07:37 PM

I hate mange!!! Pretty fox don't deserve to die like that
Posted By: james dymond

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/06/18 07:41 PM

Pretty doesn't have anything to do with.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/06/18 07:43 PM

On the plus side, those are really nice pics. Getting two fox in one frame here would be like catching Bigfoot on camera.
Posted By: Woodsman1118

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/06/18 07:56 PM

What's the red thing in the background of the first pic but not in the second picture
Posted By: GoneTrappin

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/06/18 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Tyler
What's the red thing in the background of the first pic but not in the second picture

Looks like a piece of trash, like a plastic bag. The pics are 7 days apart, I’d say River Birch either picked it up or it went further downstream.
Posted By: Txcoonman

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/06/18 08:26 PM

I think the leading fox in the second picture is a different fox than the ones in the first
Posted By: njtrapper1980

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/06/18 09:02 PM

I had something red floating by my channel set today, lol
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/06/18 11:57 PM

If you know where they are hanging out, make up some drop baits with Ivermectin in them and kill the mange! The biggest problem with that is all the other critters eating the bait. If you have them located with a trail camera like that, it would be easy to target them and not all the possums and pandas!

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/07/18 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: lee steinmeyer
If you know where they are hanging out, make up some drop baits with Ivermectin in them and kill the mange! The biggest problem with that is all the other critters eating the bait. If you have them located with a trail camera like that, it would be easy to target them and not all the possums and pandas!

I'm all in for trying that, could you share information on proceeding?(I found it on Amazon,however not sure which product) PM if you prefer... Thanks!
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/07/18 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Tyler

Folks, good example of attention to detail!!!! Nice pic of foxes.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/07/18 01:31 AM

Did you catch any thing in that bucket set in the first pic?
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/07/18 02:19 AM

I can't give you dosage rates or those kind of particulars, because I have not done it myself, but I know an eccentric rancher that did that to clean up his coyotes. It works really well, but the big problem, like I stated above is everything else eating up the baits. I do know they need to be small enough that the canines will just wuff them down, without chewing and tasting, as they may not ingest it if they taste the chemical. That rancher I know used ground beaver and applied the chemical to each little ball, then froze and dropped them in places where the yotes hunt for groceries. He put out a large number, and he said the coyotes were better the next year, but too many infiltrated from surrounding area, so it was back to mange in a couple years. That was why I never persued it, but in this case, it might be the ticket! Good luck!
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/07/18 02:20 AM

Hi Lee!!
Posted By: danvee

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/07/18 02:25 AM

Trappers need to post pics of animals that are sick, starving and dead on roads so the general public can witness what we see every year.
If you do ADC work you really see a lot. Animals that are sick never see there first 6 months, if they do they don't make it through winter. The Antis just show there take on things and that is all the public gets to see.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/07/18 02:37 AM

Here’s one link with dosages for oral ivermectrin. There are other links a Google search will find.
https://www.cuteness.com/article/ivermectin-dosing-dogs
Posted By: coolbrze

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/08/18 11:49 PM

Awesome pics. What model Bushnell trail cam are you using?
Posted By: jk

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/09/18 01:22 AM

Yes nice clear photos........jk

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/09/18 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: coolbrze
Awesome pics. What model Bushnell trail cam are you using?

Sorry I am not sure of the model# I would buy a few more if I ever saw them again... It uses only 4 aa batteries (and they last for almost a year) and takes great pictures day and night... I have to format the card each time I check it or it seems not to work as well... Next time I check the card I will let you know the model...

Re: Mr. & Mrs. Mange - 02/09/18 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: M.Magis
Here’s one link with dosages for oral ivermectrin. There are other links a Google search will find.
https://www.cuteness.com/article/ivermectin-dosing-dogs

Thank you!!!
I will try this and set up a camera or three and document the results, will make a post on this soon...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums