Home

Hello from the new guy

Posted By: Southarktrapper

Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 02:39 AM

Been reading the board for several years and finally decided to join. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I trapped a little when I was younger, but never was serious about it. Last year my 8 year old saw my old trapping stuff in a tub in my shed and started asking questions. Due to him showing interest, we decided we would give trapping a try.

We both decided we wanted to catch a cat and finally caught our first on Christmas morning last year. We ended up catching several yotes, another cat, quite a few coons, and more possums than I'd like to admit. Just wanted to say thanks to all those who post on here. Most of what we've learned has been from this site.

This Christmas my little boy got his own trapping gear and finally caught his own coon without any help. I'm in the process of tanning it for him now. I think it's safe to say we're both hooked now. I don't have as much time to run a line as i would like, but we've still managed to catch several fox and coyotes this year. I look forward to learning more from you guys on here in the future.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 03:03 AM

Welcome
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 03:14 AM

Welcome, I’m a new guy also. The memories I have with my boys trapping are held close to my heart.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 03:17 AM

The more the merrier. Welcome
Posted By: dob

Re: Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 03:18 AM

South Arkinsaw, what part?? I'm in the Hope area.

Re: Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 03:20 AM

I'm over in bradley county. Not too far from El Dorado.
Posted By: dob

Re: Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 03:26 AM

I lived in Warren for a few years. Then Lake Village. Now back home around in Lewisville Ar.

Re: Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 03:36 AM

Spent many a day fishing on chicot. I grew up around hermitage. My wife is from warren.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 03:48 AM

It's funny how those little guys can Fan the flames again.....sounds like you got a trapping partner. My son got his trapping license at 10.... and we had a blast checking traps before school .
Posted By: adam m

Re: Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 03:57 AM

Welcome
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 04:02 AM

Welcome. Lots of great people and info here.
Posted By: jzahntrapper

Re: Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 04:23 AM

welcome glad to have you
Posted By: Arkansas87

Re: Hello from the new guy - 01/24/18 05:23 AM

Welcome I'm new too. I trap in central Arkansas
© 2024 Trapperman Forums