Home

Oak Island treasure

Posted By: Finster

Oak Island treasure - 01/17/18 10:32 PM

Anyone catch last nights show? What ya think?
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/17/18 10:36 PM

I like the show even thought it's so overly dramatic. It took them a long time to get to this point but they are at a make or break point. If there's actually something down there, I'd say they are close.
Posted By: ShaneT

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/17/18 10:47 PM

Been watching from the beginning. I think they will find something soon. It seems pretty apparent from what they have found so far that something pretty significant went on there in the past.

I am really interested in the date that lead cross they found was made.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/17/18 11:36 PM

I have tried watching the show a few times, I just cannot connect. Maybe it is the drama. My goodness they have lot invested to not find something.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/17/18 11:40 PM

How did they dig a hole that deep a couple hundred years ago and can not get down there today?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/17/18 11:42 PM

Aliens.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/17/18 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Getting There
How did they dig a hole that deep a couple hundred years ago and can not get down there today?
To my understanding, they dug the hole and buried the treasure at the bottom of it in a vault. After that was done, they made a bunch of booby-traps that would make the hole flood if someone tried to dig it up without (I assume) knowing where and how to disarm the booby-traps. That's been the problem, every time they have tried to dig (since the 1800's) the hole fills in.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/17/18 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Feedinggrounds
My goodness they have lot invested to not find something.
I would love to know what this latest piece of machinery costs. Custom made, shipped from Germany (I think)good grief, it has to be a couple mill.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/17/18 11:55 PM

Personally, I think they should have dug a 3' wide trench around the site down to bedrock then filled it with concrete. After that they probably could have just dug it up. Yep, it would be expensive but not as expensive as what they have already spent.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:10 AM

I think if there is a treasure, that they are very likely to pulverize a good portion of it with a drill or casings.

Keith

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: KeithC
I think if there is a treasure, that they are very likely to pulverize a good portion of it with a drill or casings.

Keith
Yup, I've thought of that also. However, they haven't found anything in the spoils so if there is something, maybe they will be ok. There is a rumor going around that they did find a pirate chest this past summer but who knows.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:25 AM

Hate to say it, but the true treasure is those who are addicted to watching the show! I hope they find something, but I wouldn't hold my breath!
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:27 AM

How did we land on the moon all those years ago but we can’t land on the moon again?

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: lee steinmeyer
Hate to say it, but the true treasure is those who are addicted to watching the show! I hope they find something, but I wouldn't hold my breath!
Well, there are worse shows out there, much worse. It is a bit over dramatic though. They could defiantly speed things up a bit and get rid of the narrator, he is annoying.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Jurassic Park

How did we land on the moon all those years ago but we can’t land on the moon again?
We could, However, at this point, there is no reason to. Oh yea..... You think that's a conspiracy.... I forgot
Posted By: c hartman

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:33 AM

Could it be there is no treasure down there , and if so , why not , and who could have not buried it , and when did they decide not to ? eek

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:35 AM

No, NASA actually says we don’t have the technology to go to the moon anymore. Pretty crazy eh!

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:46 AM

No, NASA actually says we don’t have the technology to go to the moon anymore. Pretty crazy eh!
That's right we don't have the technology, we would have to build it again. Build the rocket, the capsule, the launch pad, all of it. We have the knowhow, just not the tools.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 01:17 AM

What's With This WE Stuff ?

Canada Didn't Go To The Moon, The United States Did !!!

You Hosers Just Watched, And Wished You Did !!! laugh

w
Posted By: skullguy

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 01:22 AM

I hate to say it but im totally addicted to this show. I know its far fetched but i record and watch every week.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: skullguy
I hate to say it but im totally addicted to this show. I know its far fetched but i record and watch every week.
I don't think it's far fetched at all. There either is or was something down there. There is to much evidence that this is man made. Pottery, human bone, leather from a book, timbers with saw marks on them all at 170', deeper than anyone else has dug from searching. That's good physical evidence. I have no doubt that something is or was there at one time and I lean more towards there still being something. Life was short back then and if you were sailing or a pirate, probably even shorter than average. I think there is a good chance that whoever buried it never made it back to dig it up.
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 05:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Finster
I don't think it's far fetched at all. There either is or was something down there. There is to much evidence that this is man made. Pottery, human bone, leather from a book, timbers with saw marks on them all at 170', deeper than anyone else has dug from searching. That's good physical evidence. I have no doubt that something is or was there at one time and I lean more towards there still being something. Life was short back then and if you were sailing or a pirate, probably even shorter than average. I think there is a good chance that whoever buried it never made it back to dig it up.

Good reasoning.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By: walleyed

What's This WE Stuff ?

Canada Didn't Go To The Moon, The United States Did !!!

You Hosers Just Watched, And Wished You Did !!! laugh

w

You guys are cracking me up tonight, lol. I'm going to bed, I can't take it anymore, lol.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 09:32 AM

I think someone involved in the production of the show seeds most of the coins and small artifacts they find.

I also think they are intentionally obtuse about what a lot of their discoveries are like the rail road spike they said could have been used to build a boat, the small pits they find, that are filled in, that were probably for outhouses and the buried wood which was left by previous treasure hunters, that keep pretending to believe was left by the treasure hiders.

Keith
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 10:16 AM

What the heck is going on in here? I don't watch tv but this sounds interesting.

How'd these jokers come to find this treasure spot anyway?
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 11:54 AM

A lead cross? Crudely made? Found in Smiths cove? At low tide? By metal detecting? That resembles carvings in France? In an old building? Have the guys found proof of a Knights Templar connection?

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:18 PM

I think someone involved in the production of the show seeds most of the coins and small artifacts they find.

I also think they are intentionally obtuse about what a lot of their discoveries are like the rail road spike they said could have been used to build a boat, the small pits they find, that are filled in, that were probably for outhouses and the buried wood which was left by previous treasure hunters, that keep pretending to believe was left by the treasure hiders.

Keith

You might want to look up the word "obtuse." LOL

I wondered if the cross had been planted, that one looked fishy, but the pottery and human bones from 150+ feet below the surface I doubt if they were planted.

And for the nutjobs who think we never landed on the moon, one of my sons went to college for aeronautical mechanics and one of his instructors was a former astronaut who walked on the moon. You think he is making that up and lying on his resume about it and all his pictures and accounts of it are fake?

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: tomahawker
A lead cross? Crudely made? Found in Smiths cove? At low tide? By metal detecting? That resembles carvings in France? In an old building? Have the guys found proof of a Knights Templar connection?
LOL.... Yea, the narrator has to go. Whoever is writing for him seems to be a drama queen. lol

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: USMC47
What the heck is going on in here? I don't watch tv but this sounds interesting.

How'd these jokers come to find this treasure spot anyway?
Google it
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:25 PM

I watched one episode. guy with diving gear went down in some hole. one episode was enough. advertisers love the big audience. its why the money keeps flowing. I think its amazing so many people want to live in fantasy land through their tv
Posted By: Creek

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 12:36 PM

This is the year they find the treasure. Stay tuned.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 02:21 PM

Some observations.

1) This is more than just a reality show, there is some real historical significance here. It's fascinating to think what might have been buried there... and is it still there.
2) Marty Lagina has dumped millions of his own money into this search and yes he has the money to spend, but they play it up as if he's the skeptic and his brother is the one egging him on. I don't think he would have put that kind of money into this unless he is fully convinced something is going to come out of it.
3) I actually think the obnoxious narrator is part of the marketing plan, it's what everybody talks about.
4) They spend a lot of time doing other things than searching underground. The metal detecting in the woods, travelling to Europe, going through documents, etc. I think is meant to just drag things out. It leads me to believe that they have more knowledge about what's down there than they are letting on and they are trying to milk it out. I heard they were being paid $200,000 per episode which translates into $2.6M per 13-week series. I would probably be milking the search out too for that kind of money.
5) They bring up the "Curse" that seven people have to die before the treasure is found, but no one ever says where that belief originated. I wonder if it's something made up just for sensationalism for the show itself.
6) The show is often overly dramatic for the sake of TV, but the reality is that this could very well have world-wide significance and be one of the most interesting finds in recent history if they can get in there and get the treasure out. It will make looting sunken ships look like child's play.

That's my thoughts on it.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 02:46 PM

Here is a link about the "Curse" No one seems to know for sure about how the curse originated.

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/blockhouse-blog/seven-must-die-or-must-they
Posted By: oldtrapper

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 02:49 PM

When I was a kid I remember seeing a program on Oak Island , and I swear they showed a drill bit coming out of the groud with a couple feet of gold chain attached.

Has anyone ever seen that...? Mid Seventies
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 02:53 PM

Yea, was it the one with Lenard Nimo talking that was good.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: oldtrapper
When I was a kid I remember seeing a program on Oak Island , and I swear they showed a drill bit coming out of the groud with a couple feet of gold chain attached.

Has anyone ever seen that...? Mid Seventies

Gotta love youtube!

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: BernieB.

Keith

I wondered if the cross had been planted, that one looked fishy, but the pottery and human bones from 150+ feet below the surface I doubt if they were planted.

And for the nutjobs who think we never landed on the moon, one of my sons went to college for aeronautical mechanics and one of his instructors was a former astronaut who walked on the moon. You think he is making that up and lying on his resume about it and all his pictures and accounts of it are fake?

Yup, I walked on the moon too.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 03:23 PM

crazy just....... wow......
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 03:30 PM

http://oakislandsociety.ca/samuel-ball-man-substance-oak-island-1765-1846/

I believe that maybe, just maybe Samuel Ball found the Treasure and that's how he got Rich. They might be looking a long time for something that was found.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper
http://oakislandsociety.ca/samuel-ball-man-substance-oak-island-1765-1846/

I believe that maybe, just maybe Samuel Ball found the Treasure and that's how he got Rich. They might be looking a long time for something that was found.
Yes, I have thought of that also. However, he was just one man and I doubt he would have been able to do it himself. I think he found treasure, it's the only real explanation on his wealth. I believe it is quite possible that there was more than one treasure buried there. This island has a rich history of privateering, Spanish treasure ships and more than one war. It's more than possible that other things were hidden on it. Just my thoughts.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 03:43 PM

[/quote]

Yup, I walked on the moon too. [/quote]

That definitely qualifies you as a nutjob.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 03:50 PM

All the other guys that claim to have walked on the moon are nutjobs too I guess.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 04:42 PM

All the other guys that claim to have walked on the moon are nutjobs too I guess.
Ok, I have no doubt that you believe the stars in the sky are fake, the earth is flat and the moon is made of green cheese. However, can we please stay on point? We are talking about Oak Island. Why don't you start a thread a post your evidence. I'm sure it will get plenty of hits.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 05:19 PM

That's Hoffa buried down there.
Posted By: Sawmill Creek

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 05:33 PM

I cant say that I'm a huge fan of the show, but my 14 year old daughter loves it and always wants me to watch it with her so I do
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 05:52 PM

I've been asking the same question for a couple of years now.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Finster

How do you suppose they dug a hole 170 feet deep to bury treasure and why? And BTW, I'm as addicted to the show as you are.
Posted By: wabi

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 07:05 PM

I think if they found anything I would have head it on the news by now.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Trapper7

How do you suppose they dug a hole 170 feet deep to bury treasure and why? And BTW, I'm as addicted to the show as you are.
Since they are finding human bone, I'm guessing slaves or forced labor from prisoners dug it. The fact that it's so deep, and the booby-traps so elaborate makes me think it may be quite a bit of wealth buried there. They are not going to waste the time doing all of that for a bag of coins.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: wabi
Yep, me also. However, there was a bunch of action on the island in late fall according to some news reports. A bunch of very large equipment was seen heading for the island. That is what is on the net anyway if you google it.

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: wabi

I think there was something right after the new season started on Google about them finding something, but didn't go into much detail. It wasn't on long, maybe a day or so. Wonder if the show producers got it taken off to keep viewers in the dark?

Re: Oak Island treasure - 01/18/18 07:49 PM

Keith

Bernie obtuse means slow to understand and I used it the way I meant it.

Keith
© 2024 Trapperman Forums