Home

Flu shot ? Si or no Si

Posted By: AntiGov

Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 01:29 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHyvSGhOPl8

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 02:28 AM

I take it u all prolly got your flu shot ?
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 02:31 AM

Sorry didn't watch the video yet but will say most shots and vaccines are bad
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 02:42 AM

Never take flu shot?never get flu
Posted By: AppalachianTrapr

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:16 AM

everytime I have gotten the flu shot I have been sick roughly 2 weeks later. Havent had one for several years now.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:21 AM

8 year old, sons gfriends nephew is in a coma after 3 shots, Virginia or north Carolina
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:23 AM

Always get the shot. Bad lungs and flu don't mix.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:24 AM

Got the flu shot once...got so sick I won't take it again.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:27 AM

Robert--most shots and vaccines are not bad.small poxpolio,Rabies and a host of others,have prevented the deaths of millions of people.
Got my flu shot a few weeks ago,as did my wife.The older you get,the harder flu hits.
Tom
Posted By: white17

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:30 AM

I had it the last two years. No adverse reactions at all
Posted By: adam m

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:32 AM

Close to 20 yrs since my last flu shot and still haven't been the recipient of the flu.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:37 AM

10% effective this year. Stay away from people! ;),....reduce your pork intake.

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:38 AM

No government poison for me. The elderly make up the greatest number of flu shot takers and also make up the greatest number of flu deaths ..........hmmmmmmmm
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:50 AM

The elderly also made up the greatest number of flu deaths before there was a flu shot.Reason---flu hits them harder than any age group,and their health as a group is already suffering more than any age group.
Tom

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:52 AM

Exactly ......... So the point is , is that it's useless

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:58 AM

This is disturbing https://healthfreedomidaho.org/over-100-seniors-die-after-receiving-flu-shot-during-study
Posted By: Rammer

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 05:42 AM

I won’t be a zombie when they flip the switch for all the people who got their flu shots...........
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 11:12 AM

I've never had the flu or the shot. If I ever get it ill start taking the shot.
Posted By: Sullivan K

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 11:27 AM

I get the flu shot every year. I have not had the flu in 12 years. The last time I got the flu, 12 years ago, I had not gotten the shot. I got the flu and I was so sick I slept on the couch, with my jacket on, for two days. I had to crawl to the door on my hands and knees to let the dog out.
Every year, since I last had the flu, I get the shot, and have not been sick.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 11:58 AM

Wife got the shot this year and got the flu...sicker than a dog.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 12:05 PM

I have a friend who is a nurse, and she doesn't take the shot. She told me that the flu shot is extremely unpopular in the medical profession, and that pharmacists get kickbacks for selling them. I got the idea that the flu shot is pushed more by the producers than anybody . I've never had one .
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 12:26 PM

First time I got the shot was the first time I got the flu that I can remember. Never got another flu shot and never got the flu again. At this point I'll let my bodies natural defense do it's thing. It seems to be working pretty good.
Posted By: Skull Guy

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 12:37 PM

No flu shot for the wife and I and NO vaccines for the kids, just the government trying to poison us
Posted By: whartonrattrappe

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: trapper les
I have a friend who is a nurse, and she doesn't take the shot. She told me that the flu shot is extremely unpopular in the medical profession, and that pharmacists get kickbacks for selling them. I got the idea that the flu shot is pushed more by the producers than anybody . I've never had one .

I have a nurse friend too Les blush and she told me the same thing. Also said if you get sick from the shot it's because you are allergic to the fillers in the shot not the flu virus. I'm not sure I believe that though.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 01:03 PM

My daughter is a nurse, where she works they require the flu shot, she got around it, Ž several there have now had the flu. But that's not my point. The announced half way through administering the shot to workers that some "unknown particLs" have been found I. The vaccine. The stopped giving shots for a short period of time, then started right back up using same stuff

Not good
Posted By: EdP

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 01:04 PM

Got my 1st flu shot in 1982 and have had one every year since. Had a mild reaction one time and a short bout of flue one other time. Other than that I have not had the flu in 35 years whereas before the shot I got the flu every year - sick for 10 days or so, and caught everything else going around all winter afterwards. So for me the flu shot has been a boon.

My brother never gets the shot and doesn't get the flu. Well actually, he never admits getting the flu. He also wouldn't wear a seatbelt for decades. Rocket scientist he is (for real).
Posted By: charles

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 02:13 PM

I havent had polio, tetnus, diptheria, measles, whooping cough, plague, mumps, smallpox, or flu. I think shots work. If you dont, ask an Indian or better yet, a survivor from the original people of the Dominican Republic. Im sorry, I forgot, our diseases killed every single native of their island after Columbus 2nd voyage landed sick Spaniards there.

DO VACCINES KILL OR SAVE LIVES?
Posted By: lebowski

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 02:24 PM

Vaccines work. Science is real.

It's true the flu vaccine was less effective than usual this year but vaccinations are safe and effective.

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 02:26 PM

The elderly are also the most likely to die of heart disease and cancer.

The key is never get old! grin

Originally Posted By: AntiGov
No government poison for me. The elderly make up the greatest number of flu shot takers and also make up the greatest number of flu deaths ..........hmmmmmmmm

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 02:35 PM

or trying to protect your kids and other from terrible (and preventable) disease like whooping cough, diphtheria, measles, polio, tetanus..

Originally Posted By: Skull Guy
... NO vaccines for the kids, just the government trying to poison us

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 02:44 PM

More soldiers (young healthy people) died of the flu in WWI than of combat. Entire shiploads of soldiers neatly died in days. They were not enfants or elderly, and they were in the prime of their lives, fit, and well fed.
Posted By: Tweed

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 02:48 PM

I work with vulnerable people so its highly recommended I get it. Since working here and getting the shot annually I haven't gotten the flu. A cold every other year yes, but not the flu.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 02:52 PM

Yes, the Spanish flu targeted the healthy in their prime. An unusual circumstance.

With the elderly it's not normally the flu that kills them but subsequent infections. Often pneumonia. They get too run down from the flu to fight off the pneumonia.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:11 PM

Only A Moron, Imbecile, Or Idiot Wouldn't Get The Influenza Shot ! frown

w
Posted By: Skull Guy

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:14 PM

Do some research. When you and I were kids (I am assuming your age is between 35 and 65) we got a total of 10 vaccine shots up to 16 years old - for DTP (Diptheria, Pertussis and whooping cough), OPV (Inactive polio) and MMR (Measels, Mumps, and Rubella). I agree with all of those, they are dangerous and can lead to outbreaks and death. In 2017, the CDC schedule calls for 74 shots up to 16 years old. They have began using vaccines for things that aren't even found in places other than third world countries and things that aren't potentially fatal.

A 2 month old baby gets 3 shots, 7 vaccines. The amount of aluminum in the 3 shots combined is 26 times the FATAL level the CDC has in their guidelines. Who cares?

How many of us had Chicken Pox? Know anyone that died from it?

Originally Posted By: lebowski
or trying to protect your kids and other from terrible (and preventable) disease like whooping cough, diphtheria, measles, polio, tetanus..

... NO vaccines for the kids, just the government trying to poison us
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: walleyed

w

I'm one of those morons, imbeciles or idiots. After seeing my daughter in law suffer through GBS for a year caused by the flu shot, there's no way I want to take the chance. She was in ICU for weeks on a ventilator, then months of slow recovery. I'll take my chances with the flu.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 03:56 PM

w

Have you considered that one or all of those may have contributed to your health problems?
Posted By: Grouseman

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 04:27 PM

No flu shot for the wife and I and NO vaccines for the kids, just the government trying to poison us
[quote

And you will have no one to blame but yourself when your child gets a dreaded disease that has all but been eradicated because of vaccines.

The ONLY reason you can even ATTEMPT to get away with no vaccinations is because of the millions of responsible parents who do vaccinate their kids. Think about that for a minute.

The goverment trying to poison us is one of the stupidest things I have ever read this on this site.

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 04:43 PM

Well put. Herd immunity, worth a read...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

Originally Posted By: Grouseman
[quote

And you will have no one to blame but yourself when your child gets a dreaded disease that has all but been eradicated because of vaccines.

The ONLY reason you can even ATTEMPT to get away with no vaccinations is because of the millions of responsible parents who do vaccinate their kids. Think about that for a minute.

The goverment trying to poison us is one of the stupidest things I have ever read this on this site.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 04:45 PM

Oh oh someone called the Boss a moron! I guess I'm one too! No shot for me since I was I'm my teens (70's
Posted By: bic

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 04:52 PM

My wife is a nurse and is encouraged to get her flu shot. This is the second year in a row that she is the only one in the family that got the flu. She says she will Never get another one.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 04:59 PM

w
that's pretty loose talk my friend.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 05:28 PM

I guess ive been called worse for some the flu shot may work but my experience has been the years I got a flu shot were the years ive been the sickest problem I have is 1 seems like theres more people giving flu shots than insurance salesmen 2 its supposedly from last years virus yes I know it builds up your immune system so does healthy living and hygiene 3 when most shots are given out your already into the Holiday season where more people are traveling shopping visiting etc. and ive never seen any documentation on how long this so-called immunization protection lasts
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 06:39 PM

Never have, never will. The carriers in these vaccines are most of the risks. I won't name call if you do get the shots, your choice. Unless you have an immune deficiency, I don't see the need but to each his own.
Posted By: eric space

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 06:56 PM

I do not get the shot. Never get the flu. I stay as far away from doctors as I can get as too many of them want to just push the meds on you. Our TV here almost 50% of the commercials are for some drug, with 10 seconds of what good it will do for you and 50 seconds of side effects!
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 08:00 PM

If others feel the shots help them, very well and good, indeed.

On the other hand, from what Ive learned, the shots cannot be tailored to each individual strand of flu -as they are all different.

The shots are said to have a 10% effective rating....or so I have heard over time.

In sales, I have always considered 10% to be next to nothing of a deal for an item . For me, when the ratings get to at least 30% or much better, then it becomes a deal worth investing .

At any rate, the thought that always comes to my mind is- how can an answer be given, if the question has not been clearly understood ?

Shots aimed at each flu type , to me, would answer the question with precision.

Since that is impractical it seems, to date, it is a hit or miss , with many variables, individual reactions, varied states of immune resistance and built up strength or weakness, to begin with, and a host of many more layers of circumstances.

I have never had a flu shot. I am rarely sick .

Knowing how to build up the immune system , what things to load up on as soon as you see flu spreading, before it can get a foothold, keeping your hands very clean, and do not touch what is called the triangle of death- the eyes, nose and mouth , all helps a lot.

I carry a bottle of gel sanitizer in my truck, and every time I get in , I put an amount on my hands, and wipe the excess onto door handles, steering wheel, my purse strap.

Of course the risk in any case of contact with flu is there regardless, but consistent precautions sure put a dent in its progress.

Posted By: gcs

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 08:01 PM

"Here" health professionals HAVE to take the flu shot, otherwise they are required to wear surgical masks.
You should see how many of these professionals choose to wear the masks at work. So what does that tell us??? lol
Posted By: scarhead

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 08:42 PM

Required to take flu shot for work one year. Only time I've ever had the flu. The next year when the time for the required shot came around, I refused. Had to sign a release that any sick time off, due to flu related symptoms, would be unpaid. Out of over 60 employees, only 6 of us signed the release. Of those 6, none got the flu. Over 50% of employees that took the shot got the flu, and missed work. That was the last year a shot was required there. I'm batting 100% of no flu, without the shot, and 100% getting the flu with the shot. I think I'll continue risking not taking the shot.
Posted By: Birch Tree

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 09:12 PM

I have mixed feelings about the flu shot and vaccines. I have had the flu shot years ago and each time I got sick with the flu and then I quit taking it and didn't get sick for years but now as I am getting older I am back to taking the flu shot because 3 years ago when I started trapping again I got a really bad case of Influenza A and near collapsed in my driveway, the following year I got a milder case and since have taken the flu shot and haven't gotten sick again other than typical cold type stuff.

I was adamantly opposed to vaccines for my children but after a long talk with our Pediatrician, my kids have had their vaccines though we watch them closely for 72 hours after they are administered. Our Pediatrician (as we were told) was part of a very long and serious study about the effects of the vaccines and he told us that if anything was going to happen because of the vaccines it would happen in the first 48 hours and as soon as we saw symptoms to bring in our child. Now that is little to no consolation to anyone including myself if something were to happen but I also think the benefits outway the risks in this case but it also helps to have a family history of no one having any of the maladies that can be brought on. Surprisingly the vaccines can trigger stuff like autism but they can not actually introduce it to a person so by my understanding it would already have to be there in some dormant form to be able to be triggered.

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 09:49 PM

If you were never vaccinated for anything, do you assume you will never get anything that can kill you. If a snake bit you or a rabid animal bit you, would you refuse treatment? If you lived in a country where no vaccines were allowed, would you leave or be part of the next pandemic. Even in Paul's unfortunate experience, are your odds of staying healthy higher if you refuse vaccines? I doubt it. Why play the odds if they are against you?

I had a 1st cousin with GBS also. Occured during the Legionaires event.

How would you feel if you gave your kids a fatal disease, or your parents a fatal disease? Get your heads out of the sand. Do you distrust every doctor you have ever met?
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 10:27 PM

I've never had a flu shot, I've never had the flu.

My wife was encouraged to get it as part of her job for a number of years. Most of the time she had no adverse reaction. The last time she had a flu shot she got the flu and developed pneumonia. She opts out now.

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 10:33 PM

How many of you who are opposed to vaccines have completed an undergraduate or graduate level immunology course?

Just wondering.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 10:39 PM

Since you are obviously a proponent of vaccines, we can assume you have completed these courses?

Just wondering.
Posted By: taser

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: lebowski
How many of you who are opposed to vaccines have completed an undergraduate or graduate level immunology course?

Just wondering.

so those that have the real life experience of the so called "vaccine" have no say??

I always thought that a vaccine was just that.........not one you had to take every 8 months with no guarantee that I would be effective for the current strain.....

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 11:10 PM

Looks Like The Next Influenza Pandemic When It Comes Is Going To Hit The Trapperman Community Pretty Hard. frown

Hope You All Who Are Skeered Of Influenza Vaccines Make It Through. frown

w
Posted By: taser

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 11:21 PM

Looks Like The Next Influenza Pandemic When It Comes Is Going To Hit The Trapperman Community Pretty Hard. frown

w

might want to check your reading comprehension walleyed.........most have been there and done that .............don't want to do it again..............

MORON laugh
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 11:26 PM

Vaccine should not be given to babies when they are only days old. It is not healthy or helpful, it is harmful. I blame my nut allergy on it, I would much rather take my chances on whatever the vaccine prevents than wonder if I will be in the hospital because I ate something with (poison for me) nuts in it. Yes, I have had people purposely feed me food with peanut butter in it to see what would happen. Thank goodness I figured it out before it was too late.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/05/18 11:39 PM

Of all vaccines, I have not taken the flu shot on and off over the years. I have gotten the flu even during years I had the shot but it’s rare for me to get the flu no matter what. BTW, it’s not ever for the “stomach” flu, only the respiratory flu.

Flu shots are created based on the strains that the scientists think will be present. They are hit or miss. Some years they are really effective and some, like this year, not as much. The idea you could get sick from it is real if someone uses a dirty needle or some other valid reason, but it’s very anecdotal evidence that one would get sick with a flu from the shot. Let’s face it, you get the shot during the time of year when people get sick the most. If it works against the strain prevalent, you might not get sick because others that did get the shot won’t get it and spread it to you. You may very well benefit from the vaccine without getting it.

There are kids that cannot get vaccines for very valid reasons. That’s why children who can get their vaccinations but do not put those kids at risk. That’s a real problem. Not sure how to fix that.

I also found that one of the theories of why shingles is becoming more prevalent is because those of us that had the chicken pox and not the vaccine are never being exposed to the virus anymore which strengthens your bodies built up ability to fight it off forever. But hey, now they make a shingles vaccine! Ha. It’s easy to see why some folks think vaccines are bad.

It takes all kinds.

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/06/18 12:10 AM

w

Come on walleyed ! I thought you were a wise man ....... laugh

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/06/18 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: taser

w

might want to check your reading comprehension walleyed.........most have been there and done that .............don't want to do it again..............

MORON laugh

CANADIAN MORON !! laugh

w
Posted By: danvee

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/06/18 12:50 AM

Glad people decided to get polio vaccine had two relatives that had it, as far as vaccines they are not 100% effective and this year they said it was only about 10% effective. It is the worst year in a long time for the flu and the CDC says it is a craps shoot every year trying to out guess what the next virus will be. Be it polio, diphtheria, or measles vaccines have save a bunch of lives. I will take the research any day, vs an opinion of of news media.

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/06/18 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: danvee
Glad people decided to get polio vaccine had two relatives that had it, as far as vaccines they are not 100% effective and this year they said it was only about 10% effective. It is the worst year in a long time for the flu and the CDC says it is a craps shoot every year trying to out guess what the next virus will be. Be it polio, diphtheria, or measles vaccines have save a bunch of lives. I will take the research any day, vs an opinion of of news media.

I just can’t imagine how horrible polio was. My Grandpa told me Jonas Salk was a National hero for decades.
Posted By: kickin buck

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/06/18 01:41 AM

Wow didn't know so many people were against it. I usually get it, sometimes I get sick that year and sometimes I don't. I do know the years I get sick and didn't have it done i always tell myself I will get it done the next fall. I usually feel good but when I get sick I am sicker than a dog! I can go to work under the weather but never could physically go when i am sick if that explains anything or makes sense

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/06/18 01:47 AM

https://www.cureyourowncancer.org/cdc-ad...ncer-virus.html

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/06/18 04:38 AM

I like the odds that come with the vaccine. Prefer to survive, myself. Odds of not taking the vaccine seem to be very much much riskier. Go with the science rather than with the mith.

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/06/18 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: AntiGov
https://www.cureyourowncancer.org/cdc-admits-98-million-americans-received-polio-vaccine-in-an-8-year-span-when-it-was-contaminated-with-cancer-virus.html

You need to stop reading such misleading propaganda. Find anyone old enough to have seen the polio problems firsthand and you’ll get 100% agreement that the vaccine was truly a blessing. To get polio back because of a learning curve about making vaccines would be irrational.

https://www.snopes.com/cdc-admits-98-million-got-cancer-polio-vaccine/

This article addresses the myth that has been spread.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Flu shot ? Si or no Si - 01/07/18 01:02 AM

Im betting they wish they had a flu vaccine prior to the 1917 epidemic over 30 million people died. My guess is we will get one again or some other virus that we can't vaccinate against and that will dwindle the worlds population big time.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums