Home

Glycerine or glycol for freeze-proofing urine?

Posted By: LeviSS

Glycerine or glycol for freeze-proofing urine? - 01/03/18 09:26 PM

Do you use glycerine or glycol for freeze proofing urine?

What ratio do you mix at?

I found "Vegetable Glycerine Oil" on Amazon. Is that the same stuff sold at trapping supply places?
Posted By: RiversNorth13

Re: Glycerine or glycol for freeze-proofing urine? - 01/03/18 10:01 PM

Glycerine
1 pint to a gallon , 12 1/2 %
Up to 20% when -25°
Many different grades, know what your buying .
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Glycerine or glycol for freeze-proofing urine? - 01/03/18 10:06 PM

glycerine... I spray 1:3 with water in my sets to freeze proof them I don't know if urine would be the same.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Glycerine or glycol for freeze-proofing urine? - 01/03/18 10:22 PM

I add some in a pint urine bottle about a inch on the bottom then shake it up I had some great yote urine from MTP this year did not need much at all.

Re: Glycerine or glycol for freeze-proofing urine? - 01/03/18 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: RiversNorth13

Glycerine
1 pint to a gallon , 12 1/2 %
Up to 20% when -25°
Many different grades, know what your buying .

These say "Food Grade" or "USP grade" vegetable glycerine. Is that the same as trapping supply places sell?
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Glycerine or glycol for freeze-proofing urine? - 01/03/18 11:42 PM

I got some urine from wieser, it was liquid at zero degrees. I never seen that before, so that's the lazy way of freeze proofing, buy it already freeze proof, lol.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Glycerine or glycol for freeze-proofing urine? - 01/03/18 11:56 PM

Freeze out your urine.
The first thing In urine to freeze Is the water. Skim off the frozen water and you shouldn't have to add any additives to your urine. When you do this your urine will become more concentrated and will be stronger.
Posted By: Dfabs

Re: Glycerine or glycol for freeze-proofing urine? - 01/04/18 12:33 AM

Hard to believe you can find any stronger urine than Andy's. I set the empty box he mailed it to me in outside, and the flies laid eggs in it. Had maggots crawling in the box in a couple days, and he had it vacuum sealed. Out of all the skunky lures in my packbasket, I can smell the bottle of fox pee the best. My urine post set has become one of my best sets the last couple seasons since I started buying my stuff from him.

Re: Glycerine or glycol for freeze-proofing urine? - 01/04/18 02:53 AM

USP seems to be the highest grade glycerin.

Does anyone know if that will be at least equal to the trapping companies?
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Glycerine or glycol for freeze-proofing urine? - 01/04/18 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Dfabs
Hard to believe you can find any stronger urine than Andy's. I set the empty box he mailed it to me in outside, and the flies laid eggs in it. Had maggots crawling in the box in a couple days, and he had it vacuum sealed. Out of all the skunky lures in my packbasket, I can smell the bottle of fox pee the best. My urine post set has become one of my best sets the last couple seasons since I started buying my stuff from him.

He may freeze out his urine.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums