Home

Super Stake earth anchor puller

Posted By: coolbrze

Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/01/18 11:52 PM

Will prob. need a puller this year for my Super Stakes w/ cables. Who makes a good puller?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/01/18 11:54 PM

JDW Modifications
Posted By: Posco

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 12:50 AM

I bought this one but intend to modify if with another hook closer to the bottom. That'll give me a little more leverage. It's plenty beefy.

http://www.minntrapprod.com/The-Beast-Stake-Puller/productinfo/T-BEAST/
Posted By: danvee

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 01:07 AM

would it work on regular stakes with some modification?? Also anyone know what the beast weighs??
Posted By: rednecktrapper

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: danvee
would it work on regular stakes with some modification?? Also anyone know what the beast weighs??

You could notch then end of the angle to accept rebar, but plan on plating one leg of the angle to make it stronger.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: danvee

It's heavy! You could use it on your trap chain. Not to steer sales away from MTP because I'm a huge fan and loyal customer...you could build one of these quite easily yourself for a lot less if you have access to a welder, iron and chain/hooks.
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 01:25 AM

If you can access your sets from a four wheeler or your truck I recommend a Highlift Jack/ handyman Jack pending what part of the country with a loop of chain and a hook. Those leverage ones help , but pull 45 sets in a day and you are beat.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 04:45 AM

Why not use a pick? Works for me on Pogo anchors. Stick the point into a swivel and step on the flat at same time pull back on the handle. If need to get another bite on it wrap the chain or cable around the pointed end and repeat. No reason to make it more complicated.
Posted By: PBS

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 07:07 AM

I use Super Stakes. I use this puller with no issues.

Click Here
Posted By: Billy303

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 12:07 PM

Best investment I ever made.
Replace the post grabber with chain and hook.
Posted By: NEYotetrapper

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Drifter
Why not use a pick? Works for me on Pogo anchors. Stick the point into a swivel and step on the flat at same time pull back on the handle. If need to get another bite on it wrap the chain or cable around the pointed end and repeat. No reason to make it more complicated.

I use a pick as well. Unless the ground is as hard as concrete then I save my back and just cut the cable.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 02:50 PM

As you get older you will go to cable and just cut them. Trust me. I've got a bunch of SuperStakes for sale soon.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Swamp Wolf
As you get older you will go to cable and just cut them. Trust me. I've got a bunch of SuperStakes for sale soon.

If I ever went back to earth anchors, this is what I'd do (unless I was in pure sand).

And never lift up on the puller while it's between your legs. Even chain breaks on occasion. But You only do that ONCE.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 08:22 PM

You wont pull some of my stakes with a pick without breaking a handle or two along the way.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/02/18 08:47 PM

I unhook my trap from the cable, mark it and will go back for them in the spring.
Posted By: Dennis W

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/03/18 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: SNIPERBBB
JDW Modifications

x2
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/03/18 01:28 AM

X3 Original Bulldog Stake Puller
Posted By: Tattoodlineman

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/03/18 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: 20scout
I unhook my trap from the cable, mark it and will go back for them in the spring.

I do this too.
Right now frost line is 4 inches thick. Come spring I pull them out with the winch on the four wheeler.
Posted By: hubler13f

Re: Super Stake earth anchor puller - 01/03/18 02:59 AM

I made one with a 5' piece of 1 inch square tubing 3/16" thick wall. I welded a nut to it with a chain hook. On the 4th set I folded it in half, so go heavier than I did if you decide to make one.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums