Home

my puppy and hiccups?

Posted By: board stretcher

my puppy and hiccups? - 01/01/18 05:28 AM

i have had my puppy for 2 weeks he is 9 weeks old now and he gets the hiccups 3 to 5 times a day what does this mean?
Posted By: elktrack

Re: my puppy and hiccups? - 01/01/18 05:51 AM

Try wetting his food a bit. If you're feeding puppy specific food he may just get over it when he goes to big boy chow. Hard to say unless you know everything he's eating. Had a lab that hiccupped for a while but kinda "grew" out of it I think. Could be nibbling on cat turds or licking some bad nuts for all you know. Haha
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: my puppy and hiccups? - 01/01/18 06:21 AM

Google "puppy hiccups" and you will find a wealth of information.

Moosetrot
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: my puppy and hiccups? - 01/01/18 07:24 AM

I don't know, but now I have hiccups. THANKS! mad
Posted By: board stretcher

Re: my puppy and hiccups? - 01/01/18 09:56 PM

so i got to looking at the puppy food i got him "purina puppy chow" and there is all kinds of fillers in it so i went and got him "pure balance" a bit more money but there are no fillers like corn, wheat, soy or grain hoping this is going to help!
Posted By: hrdtoflw

Re: my puppy and hiccups? - 01/01/18 11:11 PM

My Rhodesian Ridgeback used to get the hiccups. Now it comes out the other end. Once in a while, he can clear out the living room. As far as why, I'd say the reason is the same as for people. I would not worry about it, unless it is just way too often. Maybe ask the dog doctor. Our great dane pup burps a lot, and she eats a lot, but does not get the hiccups.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: my puppy and hiccups? - 01/02/18 09:17 PM

There ain't nothing cuter than a Puppy with the hiccups, especially Beagles.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums