Home

Darin Freeborough

Posted By: Butcher

Darin Freeborough - 07/25/17 11:52 PM

Showing his dvds all week at the Lebanon County Fair in memory of Darin. He is greatly missed.
Posted By: coalminer

Re: Darin Freeborough - 07/25/17 11:57 PM

He was a great guy, always had time to talk at conventions, have some of his dvd's.
Posted By: RiversNorth13

Re: Darin Freeborough - 07/26/17 02:13 AM

Yes , always took time with everyone .
Posted By: Boco

Re: Darin Freeborough - 07/26/17 02:17 AM

I think I know that guy in the picture with the two women.
Posted By: MinkGuy

Re: Darin Freeborough - 07/26/17 02:46 AM

He was a giving and interested person. He cared about others and he gave all that he had. He enjoyed sharing what he knew. I always felt he was comfortable being himself and never tried to be something he wasn't. We were better off because he lived.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Darin Freeborough - 07/26/17 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: MinkGuy
He was a giving and interested person. He cared about others and he gave all that he had. He enjoyed sharing what he knew. I always felt he was comfortable being himself and never tried to be something he wasn't. We were better off because he lived.

X2
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Darin Freeborough - 07/26/17 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Boco
I think I know that guy in the picture with the two women.

Good, I think his picture is in the Post Office or on Milk Cartons too.......or maybe he is out on Parole by now.

Darin is surely missed!
Posted By: mixed bag

Re: Darin Freeborough - 07/26/17 09:36 PM

I enjoyed talking with him at conventions.I have that shirt he's wearin in video.It's just crazy how life can be.Enjoy every minute
Posted By: gunit6897

Re: Darin Freeborough - 07/27/17 12:26 PM

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who still misses him. His family probably appreciates the tribute.
Posted By: PAlltheway

Re: Darin Freeborough - 03/08/18 02:59 PM

Lessons learned from Darin's death is don't go out on the big water by yourself, always wear a PFD when getting ready to get on the water, and be prepared for the absolute worst when you least expect it. He was unloading his boat off the trailer, it was too big for one person but he was a big strong guy and thought he could handle it, the wind was up, the cold water was choppy, and the boat flipped over on him. Knocked him down into the water and was on top of him, held him under. Very very sad. Darin was a super nice, friendly man, very giving guy. He loved all aspects of trapping, including the trappers, and went out of his way to help people everywhere he met them. I still have some of his food baits, which were so strong I use them sparingly as lures. RIP Darin
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Darin Freeborough - 03/08/18 03:13 PM

Amen PA,i had just met him twice and the last time i won one of his dvd's in a raffle and now it sits on the mantle of my fireplace in memorium.RIPDarin.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Darin Freeborough - 03/08/18 10:20 PM

I have some of his DVD's also. Very well put together. Never met him but can tell by the way he presented himself he was an awesome guy.
Posted By: coalminer

Re: Darin Freeborough - 03/09/18 01:31 AM

Always had time to talk to people at conventions! Always made you feel on the same level, not like he was better than you. Great person. I know he drown, did they ever find out what happened?
Posted By: markboardman

Re: Darin Freeborough - 03/09/18 01:36 AM

I sure miss the ole boy.
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: Darin Freeborough - 03/09/18 03:48 AM

http://patrappers.com/d1-trapper-of-the-year/
Posted By: ljw

Re: Darin Freeborough - 03/10/18 03:05 AM

Never met the man, but always heard great things. Been using his baits and lures for years. I heard they are no longer going to be available. I was wondering if anyone is going to take his bait and lure business over ? Thanks. He will be missed by many.....
Posted By: TN_Trapper

Re: Darin Freeborough - 03/10/18 03:29 AM

For those of you who are interested in Darin, there is a trapping radio podcast where Clint Locklear interviewed him. On the original trapping radio (not 2.0). I think it was numerically in the 70’s. Good interview. Seemed like a nice guy. My brother an I do a lot of fishing out of a boat. Makes you think.....
© 2024 Trapperman Forums