ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Had a hard day today #3205047
06/29/12 12:24 AM
06/29/12 12:24 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Almost felt retired today . Spent most of the day watching my son pull bat doors . I just drove around in this heat wave with the air on . I did have to bend over to catch this chipmunk out of this lady's pantry , that took like 2 sec . Got called on a fly problem in a basement today , they thought something might be dead . I had to point at the open dryer vent for my son to clean out . Got on LT site and did about have a heart attack . Trapper chick had a birthday today and got a bobcat tattoo today and posted a picture of it . Can't say I care for tattoos on most lady's but sometimes there hot and that chick is a hot coyote wrangling lady . It's nice to look into the future sometimes and today I had that. All that hard work of fine tuning my sons . Taking the time to show them everything you can . Letting them work it out sometimes . sure sometimes you got to kick them in the rear end just to wake them up but that's just love . Turning them into thinkers was the hardest part and sure that drives me nuts now because there's all these new ideas . How to talk people was rough but when I'm up on a ladder and he's out the truck taking down a new address after sealing the deal . I'm not worried anymore about there future anymore .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Had a hard day today [Re: Peskycritter] #3205161
06/29/12 08:03 AM
06/29/12 08:03 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline
trapper
330-Trapper  Offline
trapper

Minnesota
Keep it going Pesky, Sounds like you're on a Roll! wink

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Had a hard day today [Re: Peskycritter] #3205876
06/29/12 06:45 PM
06/29/12 06:45 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Today he's fixing can vents . Very happy to just hand this over to him . He gets 80 bucks a house . Very nice for him and me . . Also teaching how to spot future holes . I have a 5 year warranty on all my exclusions so that means any water damage needs to be headed off . Got to love this . I can also understand my Dad better now for teaching me the things he did . This has got to be one of the best jobs that a Dad and sons can Rock together . Now to start charging rent

Free Trapper
Re: Had a hard day today [Re: Peskycritter] #3206382
06/30/12 01:54 AM
06/30/12 01:54 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Like a machine after we did are exclusion today . Left that job and drove 5 miles grabbed two coon by the tail out of a chimney .the mother was mid way up the chimney . So I handed my son the chimney poles and told him to run the mom out of the chimney . I left to buy a chimney cap and returned 11 min later . My son was standing infront of the house and the mother was out . She took off in the back yard and climbed up the neighbors house and went down there chimney . The customer got a big kick out of that and said he had seen her climb out of that chimney and up his house . Nexted I pulled off the big ladder and set that up so my son could install the chimney cap . I headed inside and put back the chimney flue . Came back out released the young coon and they ran over to join mom . Next I gathered my screw gun and metal for a woodpecker hole . Used the big ladder got that done , my son then strapped the ladders as I inspected there attic found bats and rodents and gave them a est that they plan to do later on . Total job took 43 min and that's counting the drive there . We got paid for a service call , 3 coon removed , 1 chimney cap , 1 woodpecker hole . Plus picked up a nice little exclusion job for later down the road . Very nice to have my son turning into a man .

Free Trapper
Re: Had a hard day today [Re: Peskycritter] #3207026
06/30/12 03:29 PM
06/30/12 03:29 PM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

My boy is 10 and loves to work with me. He was on a bat job with me this week in Kingsport and was just dying to use the caulk gun. He thought it was great. This is so valuable that you take him to work. Not only he learns a skill he will learn how to treat people with respect. I tell mine everything about my business. We even talk about profits made on jobs. His eyes got huge when I told him how much we made on that bat job! lol.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread