ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
How do you fix this part two YouTube #3146090
05/03/12 04:55 PM
05/03/12 04:55 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojuEUtW1_pQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player. I always liked new construction over remodels . Remod you just got go with it , there also hard on the lungs if you do protect yours self , lots of nasty dust .. Did this one remod where we removed the roof to bump it up a story , me and my crew showed up early in the mourning and the poeple were eating breakfast and asked us to wait till they were done ,I'm like you didn't move out yet ,no were going to still live here , what I would do is rent a crane for the day and we Would cut the roof section the size of the dumpster ,then just have the crane lift off each section and place it in the dumpster , work real well and made the job go fast , so the people came back to there house with no roof on it at bed time , we did tarp it over as best as we could , about 11:00 pm the home owner calls up can you come and retarp I can see the stars from my bed . I go the builder should have told you to move out till The job done . This biuld was a great sales man but a bad builder , the next day we're going to start the second deck which is I-joist so I pull span and the joist are 8" short , I'm what the , so then I head over to the truss pile and there 8" short . The builder had orderd the package from the inside dimension on the blue print . He liked to crap when I called him up . Had to order in all new . In the end the people had a really nice house to move back to .

Last edited by Peskycritter; 05/03/12 06:33 PM.

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3146132
05/03/12 05:31 PM
05/03/12 05:31 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
bumb=bump chew=crew Come on Pesky. This isn't misspelling; It's not caring!

Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3146531
05/03/12 09:44 PM
05/03/12 09:44 PM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
Wow what goes through some peoples heads??

Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3147097
05/04/12 10:31 AM
05/04/12 10:31 AM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
Now I have a headache

Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3147403
05/04/12 03:29 PM
05/04/12 03:29 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
ran some heavy ga sheet metal back 3' than ran the sofit back over . Painted the metal so it doesnt stick out so bad from the ground screwed it all down then caulked it all also filled it with hardware cloth and pur black . Should hold .there's a strong urine oder in that corner from coons so I know there going to work it . Should hold . Probly just chew into the roof nexted .

Last edited by Peskycritter; 05/04/12 03:32 PM.

Free Trapper
Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3147613
05/04/12 06:27 PM
05/04/12 06:27 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Okay Pestkey, see how easy that was to fix? There are actually people on this forum that would like to know what you are talking about. You've mentioned before that you have fans; wouldn't you like to have more? Keep up the good work. ( Or let the kids do it )

Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3147661
05/04/12 07:01 PM
05/04/12 07:01 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Well Thank you Paul ,That was a very nice comment . I was also talking about the videos that I had posted in the past , as to having fans . I don't not personal wish to gain fans . The reason I had stated this comment in a past post . I was only stating to others as to some may not like the video, but there are many more that do not come forward , that do like to see these videos even if they are just something simple and basic . As fare as the kids go they dislike me being on this site . They feel I should only talk to them . It's nice to talk to people your own age and that have passion for your line of work I say .

Free Trapper
Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3147705
05/04/12 07:31 PM
05/04/12 07:31 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline
trapper

Dayton, OH
Pesky please take this criticism as the constructive variety. IMO you would have had a much more visuall apealing repair if you had used some aluminum trim coil that was tan to match the siding, also IMO if you cant get a color of caulk that matches the existing siding go with clear.

Last edited by trapper4hire; 05/04/12 07:32 PM.

Advanced Wildlife Managememnt
www.daytonwildlifepro.com
Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3147727
05/04/12 07:53 PM
05/04/12 07:53 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
That color I just can't match . It's gray that's faded to like a tan when the sun hits it . Then it goes gray . But before they had this black fix there and is also on the back of the house where you can't really see it anyway . The main thing I was going for was to stop the animal traffic that has used that spot for years . I was also thinking that there must be several raccoons in the area that know this hole well . So I wish them good luck on getting that open . I do know they will just go around it like a fired mole trap . This job is done ,now to clean up the mess . Theres stuff threw every where .

Free Trapper
Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3147739
05/04/12 08:10 PM
05/04/12 08:10 PM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
I like your videos and posts Pesky. You seem like a good man. March to your own drum and all. It's too bad you're getting nagged as much as you are.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

smile

Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3147846
05/04/12 08:57 PM
05/04/12 08:57 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
The customer was happy , the coons will not get threw the sheet metal like they have the aluminum in the past , it's also a profile overhang (runs parallel with the roof) which makes it harder to bend the sheetmetal in there to hide it ,and you can't even see it . That's fine they can nag . I was married before she would nag about everything I did or dint do or should do . What's a shame is there's a lot of good ideas out there that people would love to share with us all . This information would make us all more money and make are jobs much more simple . The problem is this information is not shared with us all because a person can not post a single picture on here without it being picked apart . Most people have more stress in there lives now without adding to it . Not every idea is a good one . Every idea has base to it . Some ideas are pur genus . I welcome all ideas . I might use it or not .It could be I just biuld from it . We all could improve it without making are selfs look stupid by nagging about it

Free Trapper
Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3147973
05/04/12 09:55 PM
05/04/12 09:55 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Sorry bud didn't mean to get you upset I wasn't talking at you I was aiming at sgs . I'm not a siding guy . I'm a animal catching guy who stops animals from returning , if the animal gets threw that fix my next step will be a solar Fence from tractor supply . I could rough frame them a new house but if they wanted vinyl siding they would have to find someone else . The customer was very happy with the exclusion and the lady of the house feels very safe now with her new armer plating witch ive installed as per there request . The repairs I did were all explained before I did the job . They also knew I would be screwing sheetmetal in areas that had been weakend by years of animal use . If they wish to hire a siding guy to cover up the sheetmetal they could also do that . There next step is to have there attic cleaned out , I don't do that so I refured someone that does and someone I trust to doit right . If they wanted there house resided I would have refured a sider guy ,

Free Trapper
Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3148810
05/05/12 04:33 PM
05/05/12 04:33 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Truth be known, as much grief as I give Pesky, if he lived around here, we would be best friends! Well, actually I would be a little jealous. I'm somewhat older and yet Pesky has more experience in all the trades that help this business. I don't, however, envy the single parent thing; but I certainly give him heaps of credit!

Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3149203
05/05/12 10:55 PM
05/05/12 10:55 PM
Tipton, IN
T
Travis Wolford Offline
trapper
Travis Wolford  Offline
trapper
T

Tipton, IN
I agree with Paul, Pesky you seem like a super great guy who like me was not blessed with the ability to spell. But man sometimes you gotta run that spell checker, sometimes I have to read your posts 2 or 3 times before I figure out what your talking about. I actually get lost, and im serious. But by golly keep them ideas coming, all of us can still learn something new every day!!

it is not a stupid question if you do not know the answer
Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: sgs] #3150266
05/06/12 11:47 PM
05/06/12 11:47 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
Originally Posted By: sgs
I like your videos and posts Pesky. You seem like a good man. March to your own drum and all. It's too bad you're getting nagged as much as you are.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

smile

Holy crapus morundi, sgs speaks LATIN. Don't worry about Pesky, he is here for us to stick our forks into....and he likes it. Pesky UTubes are great.... he puts it out there for us to say yea or nay. I have a feeling Ryan enjoys life, and could give a tinkers [Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot] about what anyone says.

Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3150268
05/06/12 11:51 PM
05/06/12 11:51 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
Apparently the word for an obstruction across a river that begins with "D" and rhymes with "ham" is a forbidden word.

Re: How do you fix this part two YouTube [Re: Peskycritter] #3150405
05/07/12 08:22 AM
05/07/12 08:22 AM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
Quote: