ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Animal sounds #5810963
02/12/17 12:18 PM
02/12/17 12:18 PM
southern ont. canada
B
bob pake Offline OP
trapper
bob pake  Offline OP
trapper
B

southern ont. canada
Need some help. I want to copy a few animal sounds for my cell phone. I use sparrow sounds for bird shoots . + I have some raccoon sounds that I have confidence in , all on my phone. I would like to get some more possibly squirrel and others( if they would work).
I have a expensive game caller that sees very little use , kinda cumbersome + never enough room in the truck. But the phone is always with me and works great. Just need more sounds. Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Animal sounds [Re: bob pake] #5811109
02/12/17 02:31 PM
02/12/17 02:31 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Bob,

This may already be a route you've taken, but have you just put your phone on record while playing the game caller? Its been a long time but I recall MP3 files for digital callers
were available for download back in the day, should be able to download to your phone to add to your variety... But again maybe I'm not reading you right and you've already done this.

Justin

Re: Animal sounds [Re: bob pake] #5811443
02/12/17 06:55 PM
02/12/17 06:55 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Online content
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Online Content
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
If you can use a small, programable, relatively inexpensive came call; you might give the ICOTEC GC500 some consideration. Many high quality sounds are available, at no cost, from ICOTEC.

GC500 - Programmable - Up To 200 Calls- http://icotec.com/products/electronic-game-callers/gc500-programmable-game-call/
ICOTEC Sounds available- http://icotec.com/icotec-sound-samples-2/
ICOTEC Military Discount Plan- http://icotec.com/icotec-active-military-veteran-discount-plan/

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: Animal sounds [Re: bob pake] #5811711
02/12/17 10:02 PM
02/12/17 10:02 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Squirrel vocals work real well when used in the right time frame. Young squirrel vocals can bring mom in real fast or right up your pants leg. Moms drawn-out rut-wine can bring the young out to show them self, peak out the hole or even right to ya in a attic when mom has been gone for a little bit. Watch your self with coon vocals in an attic. pup chatters and whimpers and whines can put mom in your face real fast and that is not fun if you are on your hands and knees. wear a hat so you can hit her in the face with it she will chew on it for a sec or 2 so you can either get a pole on her or get out of the way. Pup sounds will bring the bad out in her real fast and you better be ready for it. Deeper chatters can get the young to open up when trying to locate them. and if they are mobile either the young or adult sounds can get them to show them self. I have never been able to get the young skunks to respond to anything I am sure if I could sound like mom or could get a adult skunk sounds on a recording the young would be respond. like wise I can make the young high pitch sounds but I have held young that are making those sounds and mom comes out in a pretty quick and I backed up pretty fast also. but put the young in a cage and set another right next to it and she will go in. sounds work great when used at the right time. your phone will have more than enough volume for in close wildlife work.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Animal sounds [Re: Jonesie] #5812557
02/13/17 06:20 PM
02/13/17 06:20 PM
southern ont. canada
B
bob pake Offline OP
trapper
bob pake  Offline OP
trapper
B

southern ont. canada
Thanks for the replies. I copied a few from my game caller, as well as a old tape of raccoon puppies.
I don't think that the squirrel sounds are available.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread