ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
liability form #4174075
12/13/13 10:40 PM
12/13/13 10:40 PM
NC
C
Cat-tastrophe Offline OP
trapper
Cat-tastrophe  Offline OP
trapper
C

NC
Does anyone know of a website or somewhere I could get a liability waiver form for trapping on a corporations property?

Re: liability form [Re: Cat-tastrophe] #4174615
12/14/13 09:45 AM
12/14/13 09:45 AM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Yeah right its called liabilty INSURANCE and they will tell you how much coverage you may need to work on their property.

You need to buy it! Good Luck!

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: liability form [Re: Robb Russell] #4175392
12/14/13 07:11 PM
12/14/13 07:11 PM
Ashe co. mountains n.c
trapmando Offline
trapper
trapmando  Offline
trapper

Ashe co. mountains n.c
We have to call our insurance to fax a copy of the general liability to the customer. How many companies have to have additional insured on the companies they do work for?

A trap is only a trap if you dont know about it. If you know about it, its a challenge
Re: liability form [Re: Cat-tastrophe] #4175706
12/14/13 09:36 PM
12/14/13 09:36 PM
NC
C
Cat-tastrophe Offline OP
trapper
Cat-tastrophe  Offline OP
trapper
C

NC
I have a policy for a hunting club i'm in for I believe it's 3 million. they require it for us to hunt there, guess I need to call my agent and see if that would cover me in this situation also.

Re: liability form [Re: Cat-tastrophe] #4176140
12/15/13 01:16 AM
12/15/13 01:16 AM
Mt. Olive, IL
R
Ron Scheller Offline
trapper
Ron Scheller  Offline
trapper
R

Mt. Olive, IL
This might not be a "cut-and-dried" situation. If you are dealing with a trapping program on a commercial basis (charging for the service), the corporation will dictate what level of insurance is required. Your agent has nothing to do with their requirements. His involvement is nothing more than sending an e-mail or fax with the proof of insurance document showing you meet their criteria.

I've done work for a lot of corporate accounts, and they all vary. The minimum liability policy is usually 2 mil, but I've had one request a 4 mil policy. They will typically provide you with the details. Make sure to get ALL the info before you provide a price quote!!! Most will require you add their name to your policy. Many will require EVERY vehicle that enters the property be commercially insured. Power plants and other huge corporations will require a ton of paperwork/forms to be submitted for review before you can set foot on the property.

However, if you are going to provide trapping under a fur trapping license, some will allow it without insurance, depending on state laws regarding liability. Even though in my state the landowner is supposedly "safe" or insulated from liability issues if a sport trapper is helping them out, only a few will let you on the property to trap for fur value only.

Some will have someone in higher management check into the state laws and determine the risk factor. The larger the company, the smaller your chance of getting in to fur trap. However, I have a couple fairly local that let me in every year to fur trap (beavers, muskrats, raccoons) and they even provide me keys to all the security gates. These are not gigantic companies.

What I have found is if the person in charge of making the decision about fur trapping (without insurance) is a hunter of some type (deer, duck, others), those are the sites that I'm allowed in for winter fur trapping. Seems the hunter-type guys are aware of the state laws protecting landowners from sport hunters/trappers, and are more likely to give you a green light.

On the flip-side, if you end up dealing with a city dweeb (yep, yuppie) your chances are slim. If his fingernails are clean and it looks like he just returned from his manicure, you're not going in. (Call me judgemental, but I have 35 years of personal "data" to back me up).

On the sites where they will not allow an issue to be dealt with during fur season (for fur value), they typically still want the issue resolved and you end up doing it commercially, which is MUCH better for you as far as money (unless your living in the 1950's).

Ron Scheller

Re: liability form [Re: Ron Scheller] #4176741
12/15/13 01:05 PM
12/15/13 01:05 PM
Ashe co. mountains n.c
trapmando Offline
trapper
trapmando  Offline
trapper

Ashe co. mountains n.c
Thank you Ron. Great explanation

A trap is only a trap if you dont know about it. If you know about it, its a challenge
Re: liability form [Re: Cat-tastrophe] #4176760
12/15/13 01:14 PM
12/15/13 01:14 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I should probably add that if a company wants you to buy more liability insurance and you already have at least a million, you can usually get them to back off on their request if you ask them to pay the additional charge.

At least that how it works for us. We have never bought additional insurance and right offhand, I can't recall a job we lost because of it. Of course, if you've had trouble in the past, the rules change.

Re: liability form [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4176864
12/15/13 02:23 PM
12/15/13 02:23 PM
Mt. Olive, IL
R
Ron Scheller Offline
trapper
Ron Scheller  Offline
trapper
R

Mt. Olive, IL
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
I should probably add that if a company wants you to buy more liability insurance and you already have at least a million, you can usually get them to back off on their request if you ask them to pay the additional charge.

At least that how it works for us. We have never bought additional insurance and right offhand, I can't recall a job we lost because of it. Of course, if you've had trouble in the past, the rules change.

Great point Paul! I always tell them if they require a higher level policy than what I carry (which is 2 mil), the extra cost for that one job will be added to the cost. Some will say go ahead, while others will "decide" my policy is suddenly fine!

Ron Scheller

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread