ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
My New Website (Home Made....kinda) #3147748
05/04/12 08:19 PM
05/04/12 08:19 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline OP
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline OP
trapper

Dayton, OH
Hey guys please check out my new website, built it myself (from a modifiable template).
CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcome.

www.daytonwildlifepro.com

Advanced Wildlife Managememnt
Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3147863
05/04/12 09:03 PM
05/04/12 09:03 PM
ANY PLACE MAINE
M
MaineNorthWoods Offline
trapper
MaineNorthWoods  Offline
trapper
M

ANY PLACE MAINE
Hey Chris, It looks great!

NTA, MTA, MASTER MAINE GUIDE
Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3147884
05/04/12 09:19 PM
05/04/12 09:19 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Hey Chris, I'm not the website man in the family by a long shot but two things caught my eye immediately. The first of course, was the excellent black and white of the raccoon face. As you can see by the majority of sites in our business, that's the big attention grabber.

The second thing was the "don't remove insects or in-laws". I always considered myself an average customer and a little humor will make me call you first. I'd like to hear your thoughts on your website a year from now.

Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3147904
05/04/12 09:28 PM
05/04/12 09:28 PM
West, Mi
W
wiggler Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
wiggler  Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
W

West, Mi
i like it... good job... now to make sure the traffic goes to your site it the trick... at least thats what im told. good job!

Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3147911
05/04/12 09:31 PM
05/04/12 09:31 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Looks better than mine and AT&T did mine , what kinda bat is that , holy cow ears

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3147934
05/04/12 09:39 PM
05/04/12 09:39 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: trapper4hire
Hey guys please check out my new website, built it myself
CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcome. www.daytonwildlifepro.com

Chris its pretty but will never make it on the front page of anything until its localized and optimized for common keywords and keyword phrases. I actually manage and tweak two in the Dayton market now and know what it takes to be found on the front page not once but twice or more on most searches.

Here are some free and useful tips http://www.sitesbyrobb.com/home/seo-the-basics/

and I have a podcast called How & Why Wildlife Removal Web Sites Work Or Don't Work !!

http://www.blubrry.com/wildlifecontrol/867187/how-why-wildlife-removal-web-sites-work-or-dont-work/

Good luck or call for free advice. You need optimized title and meta description tags and lots of geographic location info (city, county, zips etc. on your pages.

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: Robb Russell] #3147967
05/04/12 09:52 PM
05/04/12 09:52 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline OP
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline OP
trapper

Dayton, OH
I was spending $1200.00 per month for my last website. In the dayton market and for the last 18 months I was in the top 3 of over 3000 different searches over 90%. I'm going to try my own key word searches through google key words. I sold ALOT of jobs off that old sight but I think I'd rather do a little less work and keep a higher percentage in my own pocket. this site costs me $20 per month plus key what ever i bid for key seacrh terms. As far as organic optmizatin I'm not a big believer. I've talked to several places that have moved away from it recently There also is firm down that used to specialize in web optimization that now does key words. when i asked them why, they informed that they heard google was moving away from organic optimization scores and going to give steadily increasing credit to pay per click, because google is a BUSINESS and they make money off of pay per click, where they do not off of organic. But thanks for the offer.

Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3147977
05/04/12 09:56 PM
05/04/12 09:56 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
I'm confused

Free Trapper
Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3148021
05/04/12 10:18 PM
05/04/12 10:18 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline OP
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline OP
trapper

Dayton, OH
duh

Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3148023
05/04/12 10:21 PM
05/04/12 10:21 PM
CT
R
RF Wildlife Offline
trapper
RF Wildlife  Offline
trapper
R

CT
$1180 buys a good amount of PPC per month. I do PPC, but even with those adds up I get 50% of the calls from the organic stuff, I check daily where the calls come from. May be different in your area? Love the site, good job. If you can get organic working for you, why not it cost nothing but your free time:) Sites that are not geared towards organic do read a lot better though.

Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3148027
05/04/12 10:23 PM
05/04/12 10:23 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Ok I'm calling Rob next week ,I give

Free Trapper
Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3148031
05/04/12 10:27 PM
05/04/12 10:27 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline OP
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline OP
trapper

Dayton, OH
RF you do make valid points, if the PPC does not pan out for me maybe I'll be looking you up. I hope I didnt come off sounding like I was bashing you or your process, just for me at this point, with trends I've seen in my own advertising organic is not the right fit.

Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3148059
05/04/12 10:43 PM
05/04/12 10:43 PM
CT
R
RF Wildlife Offline
trapper
RF Wildlife  Offline
trapper
R

CT
I learned from listening to Robb, he has some very good pod casts on the subject. That along with 1,000,000 search's in my area of every possible way someone may look for services help. You can also get articles written for you pretty cheap, pick a keyword phrase and give them a percentage that you want it used. Works well(I have done a few pages like this) and all you have to do is tweak it a bit to put other keywords into play for the page. The information may not be 100% correct, but it gets your number in front of a potential client. I find that it actually helps to distort some facts, so it is unique content. Getting good back links is the toughest part for me. That will be my next project when the season slows down.

Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3148123
05/04/12 11:16 PM
05/04/12 11:16 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
Your website looks GREAT. The next step is to figure out how to pop up #1 or close to the top when a potential customer GOOGLE's a search word (raccoon, bat, etc.)

Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3148285
05/05/12 06:57 AM
05/05/12 06:57 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline
trapper
330-Trapper  Offline
trapper

Minnesota
Chris,

Like Paul- I thought your site was well built...really Nice! especially liked your line " [b] Sorry... we don't remove insects or inlaws![/ ]" I get asked 3 or 4 times a year if I do Spouse's... I always get a kick out of that!

Really though It looks Nice! Are you going to link it to FBook?

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3148327
05/05/12 08:13 AM
05/05/12 08:13 AM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline OP
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline OP
trapper

Dayton, OH
i prolly will link it to my fbook, ive had a fbook page for several months now and i think ive only signed in twice. i just cant get into the whole social media thing.

Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3149827
05/06/12 04:57 PM
05/06/12 04:57 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Chris-

Organic will never go away. I don't believe we are all gonna die at the end of the Mayan calender this year in December or global warming either. You really need organic search results for your business too. That large left hand column under the paid Google Pay per Clicks is affordable real estate online to own. You just have to build it until it finally creates the results you need. Some markets are tough and take a lot to finally get the right placement.

Facebook is very important. You need a company page not just a personal account. Type these three words together in Google "Tulsa Bat Removal " or "Bat Removal Tulsa" !!

Its Probably #1 - My advice is free and so is the company page on Facebook . You just have to have the right content and social media acceptance.

An optimized Facebook company name using the key word phrase "Bat Removal + Tulsa" worked for several NWCOS and not just Reginald Murray. I recommend you learn to use your Facebook company page as part of your day to day customer contact and encourage folks to not only like your company page but to please share your company page with their friends. Social online influence matters.

Bing, Yahoo and Google weigh in recommendations of everyone's friends and "friends of friends" so this is one thing you your self can optimize types of services with all locations within your service area. Not being a company on Facebook someday will hurt your online business reputation because few people have ever mentioned you on line. Think of it as the "Online Who's Who In Business".

Search engine results (SERPS) have three parts and each of them can be valuable to you in marketing. The top Left section is Google Pay per Click. The far Right column is also pay per click advertising and a lot cheaper but its not on any hot spot of the page and not popular. The bottom left section is organic content which are exactly like the same pay per click phrases but once they are built and published your business has an opportunity for placement. If its done right potential customers will see it. Google loves content . The more pages the better. Pages that have links from your site to other sites. Google also makes a note of how many people link to your own web site. More then 30 different factors are used to influence why your web site is ranked blah blah for each key word phrases also containing a specific town, city or even a zip code.

Phone numbers are important not only folks want to see them but mobile phone users are looking to push a link on your page and dial your company. Mobile ready web sites with organic content is what mobile smart phone and tablet , IPAD users users are looking to use right now. You can buy a .mobi domain and point it at your web site and it will make it readable on most mobile devices. You can learn to write the code for own phone number in html and have your web site completely mobile ready.

Here is the code change my number and use yours and enter it as html code.
http://www.sitesbyrobb.com/mobile-phone-dialing-html-code-for-mobile-browsers/

Google loves optimized content. Don't let the word optimized get to you. Web sites have to to have content on them for Google to ever use them .

Your web site fails to even say you do work in Dayton or Montgomery County and the word Ohio will help. Google can only work with what you have on a page. Tough cities or counties may require their own pages in order to get high placement.

I trap customers online who need wildlife removal services just like you offer. I am very confident there will always be pages written by real people who want to buy and sell goods and services online. Governments do that stuff not search engines. I have had some of my web work hurt by them but hey when you know what works now it helps.

Google is on version Panda 3.3 and even Google can't agree with themselves what they want to use, influence or block and they have contradicted themselves over a period of time. Google likes to be a mystery and keep folks guessing but they are still more legend like then fact since my content has been found for over four years comfortable in your own local Dayton area industry related searches.

As a last note. I am pretty confident Google will cease to exist if they ever go 100% commercial because free will minded folks will just use other search engines.

Tonight's Podcast is SEO Basics- Optimized Content changed from a bird control podcast to one of mine own and very short notice at that.
Anyone have questions call in.

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3149844
05/06/12 05:24 PM
PA
P
panaxman Offline
trapper
panaxman  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Very nice! Proof read the paragraph under geese control." Physically vs Phisically" Great pix; especially kid being chased by goose smile

Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: trapper4hire] #3149845
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
Now you have to get your local map add made and running connected to that site, and you are in bizzzzzness my friend!

Re: My New Website (Home Made....kinda) [Re: panaxman] #3149917
05/06/12 06:45 PM
05/06/12 06:45 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline OP
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline OP
trapper

Dayton, OH
Originally Posted By: panaxman
Very nice! Proof read the paragraph under geese control." Physically vs Phisically" Great pix; especially kid being chased by goose smile

Thank you, actually found another typo on same page.

Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread