ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Bulk mailings ins and outs? #3133956
04/24/12 12:57 PM
04/24/12 12:57 PM
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Nic Pallo Offline OP
trapper
Nic Pallo  Offline OP
trapper

Finger Lakes Region, NY
Anyone want to share thoughts on bulk mailings?
Who did you go through?
Was it worth it?

Re: Bulk mailings ins and outs? [Re: Nic Pallo] #3134031
04/24/12 01:59 PM
04/24/12 01:59 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Nick

When I first returned home from active duty I joined the family business and sold real estate for a Re/Max Franchise in Bayonet Point Florida. I did a lot of bulk mailing but I had data to justify farming potential home sellers particular roads, blocks or subdivisions . Real estate was hot and 50% of these homes will sell again in 3 years. It made sense to mail a post card with my personal logo and phone number every month. I mailed out a campaign of six cards and repeated the same campaign over and over to the same homes . I had custom signs with my personal logo displayed well in yards and even had the advertising on the bus and and the backs of bus route bench seats. It was part of a overall branding campaign. It was very labor intensive and required a full time assistant in addition to my wife. I subscribed to the latest data monthly from metroscan http://metroscan-online.software.informer.com/. We printed out updated mailing lists everyday and I learned to hate my Pitney Bowes machine.

This was just pure shotgun marketing sending it everywhere campaign but the data justified the return in investment and unless you have neighborhoods that have the same flaw in construction and eventually will end up needing a bat exclusion or more then half of the yards have recurring mole problems I would not use the shot gun method.

If I was gonna consider bulk mailings I would approach it from a different angle and farm the people's names and not the residence addresses you come in contact with, people you done business with or left one of your mole inspection flags in their yard. Have a kind of keep your name out front campaign. This way you can work on a overall branding campaign in a different way like a contest for those who have liked your page on Facebook or better yet shared it with their friends.

Nick you got a great logo don't be afraid to flaunt it out in the community like on little league t-shirts and sponsoring boy scout and girls scout events and other community related things.

Look to find out who publishes the local home owner association newsletters. More people will save a newsletter before anything we can throw at them after the refrigerator magnets, fly swatters, and beverage coasters. I always expected my post cards to be trashed but by branding I established name recognition before they had the need. In the end it was easier, to run ads in newsletters then it was to have a personal relationship with an asst, Pitney Bowes Reps, printers and the post office.

On a side note very little unsolicited mail ever gets opened or seen in my house and immediately hits the trash can.

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: Bulk mailings ins and outs? [Re: Nic Pallo] #3134073
04/24/12 02:26 PM
04/24/12 02:26 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
I did it for a short while a few years back with a company but I found it to be non profitable in my experience.

Re: Bulk mailings ins and outs? [Re: Bob Jameson] #3134390
04/24/12 07:20 PM
04/24/12 07:20 PM
SW Missouri
M
Mike K. Offline
trapper
Mike K.  Offline
trapper
M

SW Missouri
For me, bulk mailings are a waste of time, energy and money unless you have a product or service that everyone could use. I get better results when I spend a little time prospecting after a new set up. I use my GPS to look for Country Clubs and Golf Courses as well as bodies of water in the area. There are generally higher end homes in these areas with A+ folks who appreciate and value their lawn. I drive through the neighborhoods looking for lawn damage, grubbing or mole activity and record the address. Then I look the address up using the county GIS and get the property owners name and send them a personal letter of introduction and business card - not a post card. I also use the "3 up - 3 down" rule and mail letters to the three neighbors on each side as they are probably sustaining damage as well. Sometimes if I get one to sign on I can offer my Good Neighbor discount which will benefit them all as well as sharing the burden of the capture cost.

Re: Bulk mailings ins and outs? [Re: Nic Pallo] #3134565
04/24/12 09:02 PM
04/24/12 09:02 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
That sounds like a very well thought out and intelligent plan. What's it doing on here with all us morons?

Re: Bulk mailings ins and outs? [Re: Nic Pallo] #3134569
04/24/12 09:03 PM
04/24/12 09:03 PM
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Nic Pallo Offline OP
trapper
Nic Pallo  Offline OP
trapper

Finger Lakes Region, NY
Thank you Robb for taking the time to type that up! And thanks Bob and Mike too! Every little bit of input helps!
-Nick

Re: Bulk mailings ins and outs? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3134626
04/24/12 09:34 PM
04/24/12 09:34 PM
SW Missouri
M
Mike K. Offline
trapper
Mike K.  Offline
trapper
M

SW Missouri
Well Paul, I guess that means I'm in the 98 percentile of the other morons in the club.

Re: Bulk mailings ins and outs? [Re: Nic Pallo] #3139452
04/28/12 06:24 PM
04/28/12 06:24 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
getting prepped to send out about 5000 pamphlets.... chamber directory members.

Bud's Nuisance Wildlife Removal LLC
www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread