Trapper's Humor

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#84407 - 02/10/07 11:53 AM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: CTtrapper]
Mizzard Offline
trapper

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio
OK Cute

#85980 - 02/11/07 01:06 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: Mizzard]
Anonymous
Unregistered

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I am caught up reading..........keep 'em coming.........and anyone can enter, even HAL !

:-)

I'll post prize pictures later on........... but they are good ones this time!

#89653 - 02/13/07 05:50 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: CTtrapper]
CoonTrapperD Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Nebraska
The Convention Fight

It all began the day that Jim Bob Thortan (a famous trapper that everyone knew) went to the biggest convention of they year. He had to pick up a couple dozen more snares here and he wanted to talk with his old friend Skippy.

When Jimís wife found out that he had gone to this convention she was absolutely FURIOUS! She had told him for weeks and weeks prior that he was NOT to go to this convention, so once she had found out he had went to it she loaded up in her í76 Volstwagon and was off to get to the bottom of this. Once there they got in a tremendous fight over the whole ordeal.

The fight became so intense that the other trappers there were forced to call the Military in to help solve the problem.

Once the fight was broken up the wife turned to her husband and told him that he was to get back to the house and get his stuff and then get out. So thatís what he did and after getting his stuff he decided he would stay with his good buddyís house. Once he got there they decided to talk about the whole thing as his friend drank a pepsi.

Once they had talked all about the fight they decided that they had an even bigger problem on their handsÖ. They didnít have enough food for the two of them and they decided that they would have to go out and find a way to get food. Well they went to one of their old fellow trappers that went by the nickname Oppos. He had a recording for them that he had made the prior season that would tell them all his secrets on how to trap the extremely prized opossum.

After listening to this they went out to lay steel and after a long and hungry night between the two of them they got up to check their traps the next morning. As they checked they ended up finding one of the very prized animals and took it home on their red four-wheeler.

Once home they began to think of different ways they could make this elegant animal into a meal so they first tried to make deep fat fried pieces of it. This was good, but it just didnít seem to taste right.

They then took the last bit of opossum that they had left and decided that they would make it into a casserole which they both ate diligently until Jimís wife decided to let him back into his houseÖ. 3 weeks later.

#89749 - 02/13/07 06:30 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: CoonTrapperD]
Mizzard Offline
trapper

You haven't posted the prizes yet. We're waiting! Hal wants to see the prizes first.

Miz

#89766 - 02/13/07 06:36 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: Mizzard]
Anonymous
Unregistered

ggeeeeeeeez......FCOL !!!!!!!!!

tell Hal I'll try to get photos tomorrow of the prizes and get them posted by tomorrow night or maybe during my noon hour.....what a pain he is! He should write a story JUST for the love of literature.........

#89795 - 02/13/07 06:47 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: ]
garett Offline
trapper

Loc: Louisiana
dont have a pic
it was feburay 8 07 and i had a live trap set for coon well it was out for 3 days i went to check it and i had a big coon i was so happy because it was my first coon of my first season and me being 11 it was so exciting

#89837 - 02/13/07 07:08 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: garett]
Mizzard Offline
trapper

Hal said you got plenty of time tonight 3 or 4 hours or get up early tomorrow morning and post them!

Miz

#89970 - 02/13/07 08:08 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: ]
Sullivan K Offline
"Keith"

Loc: Northern Ohio ...

The wind was blowing, the snow was snowing, it was blizzard conditions. But here in the tropics the weather was calm. "Mana taka weine laka wona", cried the four eyed street vendor. He was having a hard time selling his wares. "Mana taka weine laka wona", he begged. "Please buy my offerings, they're fat free".

"Hey, this stuff ain't bad" said the unsuspecting tourist. This was his first trip south of the Mason-Dayton Line, and he had no idea what to expect. So far he was the only one brave to try the offerings, but he saw an instant opportunity.

He knew of something that remotely resembled the weenie dish and he already had one, ready to go.

"I think we have a new opportunity here". We can make a fortune here, selling this "weenie" stuff." "With the right advertising we can become the new Burger King"

The local entrepreneurs were ready to go, setting through many planning sessions, working through intrinsicsies of opening a new business,

The local engineering firm of Rip and Screuis, sent their best surveyor to find a site suitable for a new franchise. Before long they found a site for a new franchise and the Grand Opening was planned

Shares of stock were sold in the new corporation. The initial offering was so overwhelming, (is there such a thing as whelming? Look It Up), that shares were offered on the open market for twice their initial offering.

Entertainment was lined up for the Grand Opening. The local magic act was hired to provide entertainment for the opening ceremonies. "Stare at the shiny, stare at the shiney, take out your wallet and stare at the shiney". It seems the entertainment hypnotized the new patrons and stole all their money.

The police were called. Barney and Festus, just coming off a good drunk, and getting some of the hair of the dog that bit them, were going to help the ripped off dinners get their money back.

They failed!

#89996 - 02/13/07 08:20 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: ]
Sullivan K Offline
"Keith"

I don't give a hoot about any of the prizes other than the popcorn. I want popcorn, and I want pop corn for each story.

#90783 - 02/14/07 01:12 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: Sullivan K]
Hal Offline
trapper

Well, it's significantly past noon here in the Eastern Time Zone -- and I don't see any prizes.

It won't be necessary for you to exhibit all the prizes. I'm only gonna write three or four stories, so if you want to display just the three or four top prizes, that'll be okay by me.

\:\) -- Hal

#91155 - 02/14/07 04:54 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: ]
Travis J. Offline
trapper

Loc: Northeast KS 17 y/o

It was the year of 2020 pussums where taking over the world.

Not even the U.S. Army could stop these devils.

So trappers came to the rescue.

Here is a couple trappers planning there line.

Heres a couple of trappers celebrating a good day out on thier trap line.

Professional possum trappers from all over the world where asked to train other trappers to trap possums.

After months of trapping the trappers finally conquered the possums. Afterwards the trappers celebrated for weeks.

Edited by Travis J (02/14/07 05:11 PM)

#91184 - 02/14/07 05:07 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: Travis J.]
James Offline
"Minka"

Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
Obviously, this is another one of those hinky contests where the Sullivans get to enter as often as they'd like.

Jim

#91288 - 02/14/07 06:00 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: ]
Sullivan K Offline
"Keith"

Originally Posted By: MsCat
OK........due to popular request and nagging by certain forum members who will remain nameless........here is a new story post!

***** CONTEST OVER SUNDAY FEB 18, 8 pm EASTERN time! *****

RULES:

3. You may write as many stories as you wish, but don't expect to win a prize for them all ! :-)

I ain't now storie righter, butt at leest I'm tring. Whear yours story?

#91388 - 02/14/07 06:37 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: Sullivan K]
Mizzard Offline
trapper

Maybe Jimmy's fingers are frostbitten!

Miz

#91415 - 02/14/07 06:48 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: Mizzard]
James Offline
"Minka"

Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
Ah, I see it all now.

It's a conspiracy to make me look like a fool. Sorry, I don't need any help. :-)

Jim

P.S. - Obviously, that rule was just made for Sullivans.

#91490 - 02/14/07 07:32 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: James]
ktbearpaws Offline
trapper

Loc: WVa

Do people shy away from your table at conventions?

Do they laugh at you at picnics?

Or in bars?

Does you wife only talk to you from a distance?
If you can say "yes" to any of these questions..then maybe you need to..

"EAT MORE POSSUM!!!"

"Thats right, Possum!!
"The other white meat"
Perfect, deep fried possum shanks with crow gizzards...

"...Or in a cassarole!!!"

So always remember what "Comrad Waldo" always says...
"You gotta fight for your right to possum!! lol

Edited by ktbearpaws (02/14/07 07:37 PM)

#91594 - 02/14/07 08:11 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: ]
Hal Offline
trapper

Where exactly are these prizes?

Do I detect an air of hinktification here?

-- Hal

#91772 - 02/14/07 09:35 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: Hal]
Anonymous
Unregistered

;-( I've been shoveling snow !!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post 'em tomorrow I swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#91779 - 02/14/07 09:39 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE - NEW CONTEST !!! [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh, by the way, James.......you're right. :-)

#93156 - 02/15/07 07:46 PM Re: WRITE A STORY - WIN A PRIZE -PRIZES POSTED!!! [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

now......the HP photo printer in the far back left, is NOT one of the prizes......nor is the green plant.......just the 15 little specialty items you see in the foreground...... \:\)

among them.......

a coveted picture of Winnie, my cat
an xxl (not that big tho!) T-shirt with 2 deer carrying a hunter
a beautiful little vase
2 little cats
a special moooooooo cow
a little praying bear
some little bear thank you's and a birthday bear
a "honey do" hammer
a de-odor-izer
a broken Nascar mug
a discolored duck thing
and whatever else you see.......... ;\)

keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep on writing, you have til Sunday nite!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Drifter