I enjoy cooking alot and take pride in my cooking. It helps me relax after a long day and is an awsome stress reducer. I like to mess around with some off the wall recipes and see what happens and how they turn out. I have used all of these recipes for myself and my family and are now regular recipes within my house for special occasions or just when the wife and kids are feeling like something new. They also come in handy when I come home with a unexpected meal after being out in the woods or on the praire's all day. I noticed that somebody was looking for rattlesnake recipes on the regular threads. So I thought it would be a good oppurtunity to start a rattlesnake thread and post some good rattlesnake recipes if there wasn't any posted already. (I'm sure there is.)
One of my hobbies is hunting arrowheads. I grew up doing it with family. It gives me an oppurtunity to come across a buzz worm every now and then out here on the front range of Colorado and the chance to make my family a nice dinner that they don't eat to often.
Hope this helps.

Rattlesnake Chili

1 large onion, chopped

3 large garlic cloves, minced

1 red bell pepper, chopped

3 jalapeno peppers, chopped

1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes

1 15 oz. can tomato paste

1 28 oz. can chili beans

1/4 cup chili powder

2 tsp. cumin

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. black pepper

2 lb. rattlesnake meat

juice from 1/2 lemon

Simmer rattlesnake in water and lemon juice for 1 hour, remove and separate meat from bones.

Combine de-boned meat with the rest of the ingredients in a crockpot and slow-cook for 6-8 hours, or bring to boil in large cooking pot and simmer for 2 hours.

I have other recipes if anyone is interested and would like more. Just PM or post for more and I would be happy to post em. Let me know what kind of dish you are looking for.(ie. soup, stew, fried, baked...etc)

Last edited by Buzzard; 02/04/09 06:22 PM.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."