The Pen and Quill

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Hop to:
#753190 - 06/13/08 11:46 AM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: BlakeTheTrapper]
MikeTraps2 Offline
trapper

Loc: Ames, IA
WEllllllllllllllllllll

The White THing has been around for a very long time, turn of the century it seems. I've ben told people's grandfathers grandfather had seen it or heard it.

THis is no animal or beast it is and always has been a spectral image - either in a man shape or a diamond (I've seen both)made of a white mist.

My old trapping partner Arnold has seen it more than anyone I know of, and unfortunately he can't get on here to tell his stories.

Nick's Dad Jack and 3 of his friends saw it as a white diamond.

My friend Mike Wright and I saw it one night in a cemetery as a white dimoand, it went from one side of the cemetery to the other and back. Was a diamond of white mist about 2 foot wide. After is crossed the second time it just faded out to black.

The time I saw it as a mad shape I was walking down the tracks to home after work on a snowy night. As I neared the Lenni quarry, I saw ahead of me about 50 yards this white thing cross the tracjs from right to left. I was about my size 6-1 250 pounds, but it looked like it was not solid jsut sort of a white misty man. Problem was were I was the only way home was to either go into the woods it went into, go down the tracks past wher eit went acrosss or backtrack and got around (3mile trip). Also where I was at is the middle of nowhere there were and still are NO house within a good 1 1/2 miles of that spot. SO I decided to just walk downthe tracks as I had been, but whenI got to where it had crossed, there were NO tracks in the snow.

Well I didn't run but sure wanted to but I certainly sped up my step tilI got to the road and could see houses.

Those are MY 2 experiences with the White Thing.

MikeD

#753282 - 06/13/08 01:28 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: MikeTraps2]
Kusko Offline
"Mr. Mayor"

Loc: Bethel, AK
spooky....very spooky

www.alaskafinandfur.com

#753286 - 06/13/08 01:31 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: BlakeTheTrapper]
otter3006 Offline
trapper

Loc: kodiak alaska
great story, I trapped all over delaware county, including darlington in the 1980 s with the late jim murphy from media and we had alots of stories but none like that.Your partner arnold I believe I know from aston. tell him Patrick says hello.I loved trapping all those coons there but it got just to crowded after awhile.The last 2 years 86-87] I trapped there we averaged over 550 coon a season. not bad for back then.

#753294 - 06/13/08 01:43 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: otter3006]
MikeTraps2 Offline
trapper

Pat I know who you are!

Yeah Arn and I ran rampant over those parts but you and Murphy were incredible. Next time I talk to Arn I'll tellhim you say hi - in fact I'llpm you his #

#753315 - 06/13/08 01:58 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: MikeTraps2]
otter3006 Offline
trapper

Loc: kodiak alaska
thanks mike, I see you arent in pa. either. I m trying to place you, Have we met? Im out in the berring sea fishing now and will continue to check this tread

#753317 - 06/13/08 02:00 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: otter3006]
MikeTraps2 Offline
trapper

NO we never did meet - I did go with Arn and talk to Murphy a few times and both talked about you.

I sent you Arn's # - I am sure he'd be tickled to talk to ya!

#753416 - 06/13/08 03:16 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: MikeTraps2]
Nightwish Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
Swamp gas...

#753496 - 06/13/08 04:04 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: Nightwish]
Kusko Offline
"Mr. Mayor"

Loc: Bethel, AK
Kind of like the Paulding Light....you Michigan boys should know about that.

www.alaskafinandfur.com

#753516 - 06/13/08 04:26 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: Kusko]
lennitrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: south east pa
my dads incounter with teh white thing goes like this..

him and some friends were walking across the baseball field that we have round here on there way to i belive their friend kennys house, someone had clothes ill ask if it was my dad or not,when a basketball sized white blob came hoveing about waist hieght threw teh field...my dad said tehya ll ran liek the winds and the clothes were left on the bleachers to be gotten the next day

speakin of seein it at the tracks by teh quarry mike! when my mom and dad were having their problems in teh beginnin my dad would go for a ride to clear his head,and he liked to go to teh tracks to relax..went down there one night after an argument and said a "white sheet" came from one side of the Lane that leads o the quarry gate and went straight up in the air and then down straight over teh lil hill to the crick twords westlake.. said he jumped out and ran over to the endge to see no sheet anywhere.......and the story of teh "white thing" comtinues

Pro-sqeazin Pro Staff Member
"What was your bait?? Cobra?" white 17

#963318 - 11/01/08 03:10 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: lennitrapper]
singingtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: downing mo,.
man ghosts have been around for thousands of years still creepy.

#984633 - 11/11/08 11:41 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: MikeTraps2]
mathews4ever Offline
trapper

Loc: North Branch , MN...21 years o...
Great story.

#1017113 - 11/29/08 05:25 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: MikeTraps2]
raccoon ron Offline
trapper

Loc: MARYLAND
IF THERE WAS NO SOUND ON THE GROUND IT MAY OF BEEN AIRBORN IVE HEARD OWLS MAKE SOME STRANGE NOISES AND AN OWLS WING BONES ARE HOLLOW WHICH ABSORBS MOST ALL SOUND IT WOULD EXPLAIN NO NOISE WE WERE PREDATOR CALLING WHEN I WAS AN TEENAGER AND AN OWL LANDED IN OUR LAP AND WE NEVER HEARD IT COMING ANYWAY GREAT STORIE I JUST THOUGHT IT PROB. WAS AIRBORN THANKS RACCOON RON

#1536147 - 10/12/09 05:12 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: MikeTraps2]
noobtrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: michigan
well you got your self something new to trsp

#1536196 - 10/12/09 05:43 PM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: noobtrapper]
Pittu Offline
trapper

Loc: Alaska
Hey Kusko, how'd you hear about the Paulding light? You grew up a ways south of there, no? I had a good bud who lived in Ewen-Trout Creek and we used to grab a 6er and go look for the light... the one time we saw it...it wasnt scary or anything just weird.

It was like everytime the car was approaching to top of a hill in the road you could see the glow from someone's headlights coming towards you. When you got to the top there was no car coming and no glow...pretty weird stuff. Must of been swamp gas or something...

#3395229 - 10/30/12 12:15 AM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: MikeTraps2]
Heavy Horses Offline
trapper

It was a barn owl.

#3480379 - 12/13/12 09:53 AM Re: The Monster - a True Tale of Horror [Re: MikeTraps2]
Primecoon Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Nebraska
I want to know if any of you west Virginia boys have any mothman stories. . . Seems like that area of the country is one to stay away from!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3