ADC Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Pigeon- Safeguard Pigeon Trap User Opinions #699300
04/29/08 02:06 PM
04/29/08 02:06 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline OP
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline OP
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
Are ther any users of the 24" and/or 84" safeguard pigeon traps out there and if so:
What do you think of them?
Have you ever had hawks get inside?
Would you recommend these traps to fellow WCO's?

Re: Safeguard Pigeon Trap User Opinions [Re: Phil Nichols] #699313
04/29/08 02:17 PM
04/29/08 02:17 PM
CT
A
AAACOFCT Offline
trapper
AAACOFCT  Offline
trapper
A

CT
I used the 24 x 28 on a big job that was a airplane hanger....I caught 38 birds in a month....they worked good for the price....

just need a flat surface or they or they do not work ....

they only catch about 3 at a time. I had 4 once....i think the ad says 6

good trick is too zip tie the doors when you had birds in them if you have to move the trap....this prevents any escapees....had a few of those before I figured it out

this was in a hanger so no hawks but THE DOORS SEEM TOO SMALL FOR A HAWK

Madd Trapper
Re: Safeguard Pigeon Trap User Opinions [Re: Phil Nichols] #699617
04/29/08 05:37 PM
04/29/08 05:37 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
Phil Nichols-
Can't comment on the 24" and/or 84" safeguard pigeon traps. We don't have a lot of pigeon problems in the local area. The first pigeon call that I received wanted them removed yesterday. So, I just built my own. They are four feet square and 9-16 inches high. The most pigeons that I have ever had in one trap was 25. I have never caught a hawk in one; but have had hawks, owls, cats, and raccoons reach through the wire and kill some. My biggest pigeon job removed 110 pigeons. That was two years ago and no pigeons have returned to the shopping center yet. Hawks sure can disrupt pigeon activity though. I have had to cover some traps to help keep the pigeons away from the sight of the hawks. The pigeons don't seem to mind the feathers left by nocturnal marauders.

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: Safeguard Pigeon Trap User Opinions [Re: LAtrapper] #699635
04/29/08 05:47 PM
04/29/08 05:47 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
I have used them , but never had big numbers in them to date. Have caught some coopers and sharp shin hawks. Once they get in there arent any pigeons left. :)As stated once a hawk starts hanging around your set up you wont catch many pigeons until the area cools down once again.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Bob Jameson, LAtrapper