I used an industrial primer that was cut with xylol. With all paints , varnishes, etc what you clean it up with is what you cut it with. Each solvent dries at a different speed by evaporation. Acetone cuts lacquer and dries very fast (fingernail polish is lacquer) Xylol is mostly industrial based and flashes off or dries very fast but is very toxic. Mineral sprits dry slowly to allow for flow out of the paint or varnish to give a smooth finish. The durability of the paint or finish is not determined by the solvent used. Low odor or normal it’s the same solvent and after all of them dry the solvent is gone so there is no odor left form the solvent. If the solvent remains then the paint is still not cured. Lacquer will cure the fastest for you.
More solvent = less base product so faster drying is achived but you must add more coats to build thickness.
From understanding finishes:
In a general sense, lacquer is a clear or coloured coating, that dries by solvent evaporation and often a curing process as well that produces a hard, durable finish, in any sheen level from ultra matte to high gloss and that can be further polished as required. In a narrower sense, lacquer consists of a resin dissolved in a fast-drying solvent which is a mixture of naphtha, xylene, toluene, and ketones, including acetone. The word "lacquer" comes from the lac insect (Laccifer lacca, formerly Coccus lacca), whose secretions have been historically used to make lacquer and shellac. In America today the word lacquer applies to Nitro Cellulose and little else and most other coating are known as "varnish".
“Work hard! Millions on welfare depend on it!”