ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: skunk bait/lure [Re: Lunsford] #5860176
03/28/17 06:26 PM
03/28/17 06:26 PM
Hubbard , Ohio
H
Honeydog Offline
trapper
Honeydog  Offline
trapper
H

Hubbard , Ohio
I use mostly the 6" PVC traps.I,like Jonsie, like to use multiple attractors. Along with Cheez it crackers and peanut butter I might use Grubstake or Peaches and Cream. I use Yellow Stripe as a trailing lure. I once had a skunk in a large , deep window well. Rather than put a board down for him to climb out, I tried lowering a PVC trap down. I baited with Cheez its and a little Peaches and Cream. I then put a cracker halfway in and at the front lip I put another cracker and a dab of Peaches and Cream. As soon as the trap was lowered the skunk walked right over ,ate the cracker , ate the Peaches and Cream then spent five minutes rubbing his face in the spot where the Peaches and Cream was. He then moved in and ate the second cracker and then to the back and triggered the trap. It was fun watching!

Re: skunk bait/lure [Re: Lunsford] #5873335
04/10/17 11:23 PM
04/10/17 11:23 PM
Arkansas
Lunsford Offline OP
trapper
Lunsford  Offline OP
trapper

Arkansas
Anyone else??

Lifetime Member of National Rifle Association
East Arkansas FurTakers Chapter 29b