Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Dating traps?? [Re: ] #5797360
02/02/17 01:02 PM
02/02/17 01:02 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Snakecollector just gave you the best possible information you could get. He has studied traps for years and knows about the fine details of the traps, like when minor changes occurred.

The knowledge I have is more general and comes from 2 books. The Gerstell book and the Andreski/Parr book. By far the 2 best books out there. I would suggest getting both. They compliment each other. The pair will cost about $100.00, but it is a good investment, if you like old traps.

On the Andreski- Parr book. Get the second edition. Printed in 2016. It has additional info not in the original book.

One of the nice things about those 2 books is that they cover just about all the brands of older traps. The Gerstell book stops in 1983, when it was published. There is another series of trap collector books out there - one book for each of the major brands. In my opinion, they are quite spendy. If you bought the whole series of 20 some books, you would have spent over $400.00 and you still wouldn't have as much info as you get from Gerstell and Andreski/Parr.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: Dating traps?? [Re: ] #5797385
02/02/17 01:27 PM
02/02/17 01:27 PM

S
sourdough OP
Unregistered
sourdough OP
Unregistered
S

I have Gerstells book and Andreski/Parr is in the works, thanks for all the help,,,sorry for dragging this out,Bill

Re: Dating traps?? [Re: ] #5797417
02/02/17 01:52 PM
02/02/17 01:52 PM
S.W. Oregon,USA
S
snakecollector Offline
trapper
snakecollector  Offline
trapper
S

S.W. Oregon,USA
Glad to help any time Bill, Those are the two best books.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector