Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Newhouse 1.5 #5737553
12/17/16 04:11 PM
12/17/16 04:11 PM
ID
B
bob1454 Offline OP
trapper
bob1454  Offline OP
trapper
B

ID
This was in a box of traps I was going through. Any value at all? Pan is readable, spring is stamped but stamping is light. Looks like the chain has been altered. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

SGT USMC 72-75
Member DAV,MTA,ITA,NRA
Re: Newhouse 1.5 [Re: bob1454] #5737857
12/17/16 09:02 PM
12/17/16 09:02 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
I agree that the chain has been replaced. If it has a good strong spring, I would call it a user trap. Probably some where in the $10.00 to $12.00 range. There are a few guys out there that like trapping with old Newhouse traps.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: Newhouse 1.5 [Re: bob1454] #5788946
01/26/17 11:51 PM
01/26/17 11:51 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
I just found a twin to Bob1454's trap. Spring is extremely strong, and lightly stamped. It also has the original chain which has a little wire/spring clip and the spike on the loop. The chain is attached to the trap with cast fittings. The pan is the same as bob454's, but I can read a date of "Oct. 10" under the "No. 11/2". The pan looks cast to me with the letters indented.

Will the original chain increase the value by much?

Along with the above I got another one in pretty much the same condition, with original chain. The pan looks like sheet metal with what looks like a hammered rivet holding it to the latch. I can barely make out the "S. Newhouse". It also has the original chain, has the spike on the loop, but lacks the wire/spring clip. There is stamping on the very strong spring, but again, very light. I am not even sure what I should be looking for on the spring.

I cleaned both of them with WD40 and a toothbrush. Been tempted to go at the pans with 0000 steel wool and WD40 but have not unless you folks tell me it's okay.

I bought these for resale so I'd really appreciate a ballpark value on them. If they aren't worth much, or they don't sell, it's not going to break my heart or the bank if I wind up keeping them. If I could post pictures I would...

Thanks!

Moosetrot

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector