Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Preserving New Traps #5784803
01/23/17 10:32 PM
01/23/17 10:32 PM
North Carolina
DaYooper14 Offline OP
trapper
DaYooper14  Offline OP
trapper

North Carolina
If I wanted to preserve 1 of each new trap type I purchase, how best to do so. Everything I read is about older traps w/ patina. Keep factory grease?etc.

-- It seems all of Greece knows what is the right thing to do, but it is only the Spartans that do anything about it. --
Re: Preserving New Traps [Re: DaYooper14] #5785105
01/24/17 02:15 AM
01/24/17 02:15 AM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
I would keep the new traps exactly the way they came from the factory. Grease and all. The grease should prevent the traps from getting 'rusty' over time, which they will do over time if the grease is removed.

The down side of leaving the grease on is that it makes a mess when you handle the traps.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector