No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#5850479 - 03/18/17 10:28 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
hrdtoflw Offline
trapper

Loc: Warren co Mo
All I can say is wow, I am finally getting tired. What a time we've had, spending our vacation with such wonderful people. I have never had so much fun fishing, and caught a lot of fish too!!! And this time, we have the photo's to prove it.
It started last Saturday for us. Fish after fish, then the real fun started Thursday, with Zim and Patrice, and it just gets better! As I lay here, sore and tired, and think about the friends made, and the memories made this year, how can it get any better.
John R and the boys today ended the fishing trip with us, and all was great.
Congrats to all who got thier hands on thier first spoonie, while in my humble lil fishin vessel, as it is an honor to have shared that time with you. Will get pics up in a day or two. We have to get home tomorrow for a short break, then off to Wyoming to get our puppy.
And now I'm thinking of the food, an there are not enough good things to be said about that. Wow, it was amazingly good. Thank you to all of the cooks who do this, you guys know who you are, it was absolutely AWESOME!!!!

#5850617 - 03/19/17 07:14 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
coolstucco Offline
trapper

Loc: s.w. Missouri
We couldn't have asked for any better weather this weekend, I still take credit for that because I had the tarps and heaters loaded up in the truck. The turnout was good and the the people that were there were wonderful. Next year will be the 10th year we have this and we hope it will be the largest yet, Dallas wants to cook a whole hog and the way it does it is just wonderful. He bones the hog with the skin on and fills the cavity with sausages, hot links and various other meats and it becomes a feast fit for a bunch of kings and queens.

The generosity of those attending as well as Bill Duke always amazes me. We had a No. 3 newhouse, a No.1 newhouse, a brand new spoonbill rod, and a very nice climbing tree stand donated for the silent auction. We had enough various trapping supplies and equipment and supplies that we were able to have 10 prize packages for the raffle and MTP donated traps and equipment to give as prizes for a youth dirthole set competition. We also had a 50/50 pot with the proceeds going to the Joplin, MO Kidney center fund to help local patients which raised $228 thanks in a large part to ALBTRAPPER who won the drawing and donated his half back to the center. Thank you very much Pat.

Sorry this is so long but I just wanted to say this and also to invite everyone to next years event. It will be the 3rd weekend in March and it is like a big family reunion, except you actually like all of the people there. Thanks to all who helped put this together and all who attended. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Mark your calender and see you next year if not before. Brian

#5850644 - 03/19/17 07:54 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: coolstucco]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Loc: Sauk County, WI
On the road, in the truck, on the computer, working on photos ... grin

SPOOOOONBIIIIIIILLLL!!!!!

#5850646 - 03/19/17 07:57 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: coolstucco]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Brian, it sure was nice to meet you and your family. We are carefully taking our little tomato and pepper plants home an will document their progress. Thank you so much! Best of luck with everything in your upcoming kidney venture. You know we will be rooting for you all the way!

#5850650 - 03/19/17 08:08 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
lee steinmeyer Online   content
trapper

Loc: Wheaton Ks
Had a great time, and seemed like all we did was eat! Food was off the chart good! Thanks to all you fine folks that put this on. I know one thing, I'll be back!

Patrice and Zim, thanks for encourging me to come down! Was so good to see you and get to hang out with you again! Travel safe my friends!

Now officially an old fart
http://www.lptraplinesupply.com

#5850654 - 03/19/17 08:21 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: lee steinmeyer]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Same to you, Lee! We were so glad to see you there!

Next year, we expect you to be all set up there selling your custom Death Ray spoonbill catch poles at the launch ramp! laugh

#5850663 - 03/19/17 08:30 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
coolstucco Offline
trapper

Loc: s.w. Missouri
Patrice, it was great to meet you and Zim and to finally get to try your turkey kabobs, they were wonderful. I brought your pickled pike jar home (Carlis found the pickled pike and finished it off) and will find something to put in it and send it home when the garden starts producing.

Lee, it was nice getting to visit with you and Dolly, hope you make it back next year.

#5850679 - 03/19/17 08:46 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper

Loc: Fontana KS
Lee, Michelle said bring MOM and Dolly next time.

For them two young fellas that placed 1st and 2nd in the dirt hole contest. Kylee is very competitive and is upset that "boys" beat her. You may want to practice as she has already started training for next year. LOL

#5850759 - 03/19/17 10:13 AM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
lee steinmeyer Online   content
trapper

Loc: Wheaton Ks
I'll try Andy! All she want's to do is work.....and sleep!

Oh, and yes...........KAAAAABBOBBBSSSSSSS..... Patrice makes them best! I've made them at home, and her's are sooo much better than mine! Thanks again......chickie! (I couldn't resist) grin laugh

Edited by lee steinmeyer (03/19/17 10:18 AM)

Now officially an old fart
http://www.lptraplinesupply.com

#5850943 - 03/19/17 02:12 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

Loc: 10714 Apple road Carthage,Mo6...
Got the Shelter cleaned up and grounds policed.....just parked the camper....unloaded a few things.....now need to go unload half a pick-up load of horse meat plus several bobcat carcuss before the flies lay claim to them.......

Man I really enjoyed the visit with all of you , visiting with all of the old friends and making new ones. Certain Northern visitors will be accessed a tariff of maple syrup, turkey kabobs and a handshake and hugs on their next visit, which I hope is the third weekend of March 2018. Thanks ! Patrice and Zim for joining our group you fit right in. But Zim is awful noisy.....but at least you know where he is at all times. Sorry I had limited time to visit with you.

I want to thank everyone for attending and for all of the wonderful covered dishes. A BIG THANKS for the TEAM EFFORT.....it is wonderful to know you are there to GET-ER-DONE.....THANK YOU again.

Thanks to all for supporting our/your event with donations and purchases of the raffle tickets.

I want to thank our Donaters for the kid's events.....Bill Duke from Duke Traps.....Tim Caven from Minnesota Trap Products....Marty Smith from Keg Creek. Thank you gentlemen for the Sponsership . We had three indivuals donate, some 110's, no1 coil, and no 1 longsprings for the kids also, Hardtoflw, albtrapper, and airsponsa. thank you guys. Will try to post pics shortly....

Remember next year will be our 10th year aniversary......Dallas Greenwood...aka....Big D will work his magic on a whole hog
he bones them out,reinserts the meat along with other classic meats, sews the hog back up and puts his smoking skills to work. Come join us in force to celebrate and enjoy his handiwork.

Mark us down on the calendar and make an effort to enjoy a good time.....come one come all

Cletis

Hey! you young men I think that Eastwood girl is planning on cleaning your clock next year

Look up Twin Bridges posted by Branda Thomure on facebook, she posted a neat slideshow.

Edited by Cletis Richards (03/19/17 02:21 PM)

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5851112 - 03/19/17 04:59 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Well, we've been on the road since 6:15 and we're in Cheeseland now around Mineral Point. I have been downloading photos and changing resolution for posting. I did my best to document all this great stuff! I better get some of these photos posted before I loose cellular reception ahead!

Let's start with Friday. There was fish being fried and a whole lot more!

They had some killer fryers there. (Developing a case of covet here.)

And we had the great pleasure of meeting BigD, who brought this portable smoker and made some of the finest foods anyone could ask for.

And here is Dallas himself, always working, always creating something amazing. I followed along while he pulled some coals to make a dutch oven cherry cobbler next to his smoker.

You will see that on my plate later.

More photos to come. I will post in groups so I don't limit out.

#5851126 - 03/19/17 05:08 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Patrice]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

How about some more food. anyone hungry?

Fried squirrel from Jbtrapsalot

Kraut balls from Coolstucco

And a before and after shot of BigD's maque choux in the making! (I had to research that one, Dallas!)

And no supper would be complete without a plate-on-the-edge shot for Trapper Les and for Sharon!

Look at that fluffy cherry cobbler and those fried potatoes and fish glistening in the sun!!!!

(More photos coming ...)

#5851130 - 03/19/17 05:15 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Patrice]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Lots of folks cooking, having fun and filling up on great food!

And they can't get much better looking! From left to right: My Zim, Hrdtoflw, Kansaskoons and Jbtrapsalot!

Here's Tjm and Carlis having a few laughs.

And two more great people we loved to visit with - Lee Steinmeyer and Andrew Eastwood!

More to come ...

#5851151 - 03/19/17 05:29 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper

Loc: 10714 Apple road Carthage,Mo6...
Did you have any trouble following the DeMoines signs???

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

#5851161 - 03/19/17 05:32 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Patrice]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

After the Friday night feed, these guys start off Saturday with a wonderful breakfast! There were multiple kinds of bacon, sausage, pancakes and scrambled and fried eggs with rich colored yolks from happy chickens.

Zim helped Jbtrapsalot making pancakes. (At that moment, Zim noticed Jb's superior placement of pancakes on his griddle. Zim then adjusted accordingly.)

More to come ...

#5851164 - 03/19/17 05:35 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

Originally Posted By: Cletis Richards
Did you have any trouble following the DeMoines signs???

Cletis, did you not hear us singing your praises from here? The route you and Coolstucco recommended went beautifully. We did reminisce for a moment about our visit to the wrong side of the tracks in Kansas City ... laugh

#5851179 - 03/19/17 05:46 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"

Loc: Montana ,Rocky mtns.
Wow what a wonderful time Chickie!

And the weather seemed good too.

What great shots ! I can smell the delicious aromas in the air !

Thank you for sharing your trip Chickie ! Its fun to read everyone's memories of this too.

#5851185 - 03/19/17 05:50 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Patrice]
Patrice Offline
"Tman Feed Gestapo"

In between events, people were running out to go fishing for ...

... you guessed it ...

SPOOOOOOOOOONBIIIIIIIIIILLLLLSSSSSS!!!!!!!

So Gary was nice enough to take us out again and we picked up a few mid morning on Saturday!

First, I snagged a big fat crappie (that takes skill) but had to release him. Next I caught this guy - this is "Spoo" We named him Spoo becuase he had a short bill so we gave him a shortened name. He was a tagged spoonbill. His tag number is G24569.

I released him and reported him to the Paddlefish Research center later. I just found out this morning from the supervisor there that little Spoo was first banded on Dec 12, 2012 upstream from Sailboat Bridge on Grand Lake about 7 miles downstream from Twin Bridges. He hasn't been heard from for five years until I caught and released him on Saturday just south of the railroad bridge downstream from Twin Bridges. Bye, Spoo! Best of luck to you little guy!

Next, Carlis hooked this beauty!

And I got one more for the freezer before we headed back to rejoin the group!

More to come ...

#5851193 - 03/19/17 05:55 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"

Loc: Montana ,Rocky mtns.
What fun ! I don't know the first thing of catching one of those. Are they challenge to reel in ? Or are they more slow moving ?

Zim sure looks busy too with those pancakes !

Id love to try squirrel too. Never have had it.

#5851196 - 03/19/17 05:56 PM Re: TWIN BRIDGES T-MAN gettogether Spoonbill time [Re: Cletis Richards]
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper

Loc: Northeast Oklahoma
Looks like fun was had by all. I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

Patrice, what did you and Zim think of our little corner of Oklahoma?

Mike

Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >