Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Trap Identification Books - Newb #5769556
01/12/17 05:41 PM
01/12/17 05:41 PM
North Carolina
DaYooper14 Offline OP
trapper
DaYooper14  Offline OP
trapper

North Carolina
I read the search from this forum, I swear! I see where there are some vastly differing opinions on authors. I don't have $150+ to spend on getting all of them from different authors. Can you recommend to me the most general book for trap identification? I'm not interested in accurate values, etc - just a newb looking to have a copy of something to reference when looking at traps while I'm out and about. Does not have to have significant detail just - here's the pic and who made it, when. I'm cool footing $60 for the obvious work the author would have had to put in, just don't have an opportunity to the thumb the books to see if it's what I'm after before buying with them being online. Or is that the very nature of the differing opinions - perceived missed identification by author?

Last edited by DaYooper14; 01/12/17 05:56 PM.

-- It seems all of Greece knows what is the right thing to do, but it is only the Spartans that do anything about it. --
Re: Trap Identification Books - Newb [Re: DaYooper14] #5769994
01/13/17 12:01 AM
01/13/17 12:01 AM
UT
A
a.s.johnson Offline
trapper
a.s.johnson  Offline
trapper
A

UT
The Steel Trap in North America by Richard Gerstell is a very good one. Trap collector's guide (Frodelius/Burt) is also very useful with lot's of illustrations.

Re: Trap Identification Books - Newb [Re: DaYooper14] #5770773
01/13/17 05:44 PM
01/13/17 05:44 PM
Missouri
N
Nhousecattrapper Offline
trapper
Nhousecattrapper  Offline
trapper
N

Missouri

"PURVEYOR OF FINE ANTIQUTIES and RARE TRAPS". Member... MTA/CFM/NTA/NRA/NATCA #0620
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector