No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Topic Options
Hop to:
#5768809 - 01/11/17 08:54 PM daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video)
ack Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio, Old fart to some.
she has had him about 4 weeks now. they are bonding well. its a sugar glider.

http://vid32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/trapperack/20170111_195351_zps26phvttb.mp4

I used to have superpowers… but a therapist took them away.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

#5768811 - 01/11/17 08:56 PM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: ack]
brianmall Offline
trapper

Loc: Indiana
?

What is it

Are you ready?

#5768815 - 01/11/17 08:59 PM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: brianmall]
ack Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: brianmall
?

What is it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_glider

basically a flying squirrel.

#5768879 - 01/11/17 09:32 PM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: ack]
KeithC Offline
trapper

Loc: Champaign County, Ohio.
They are marsupials like an opposum.

Keith

#5768921 - 01/11/17 10:14 PM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: ack]
Catch22 Offline
trapper

Loc: OH
That's cool man! Where does it poop.....

#5768926 - 01/11/17 10:26 PM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: ack]
adam m Offline
trapper

Loc: nm
They are cool.

#5769011 - 01/12/17 03:10 AM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: Catch22]
ack Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Catch22
That's cool man! Where does it poop.....

wherever it wants to!
actually my daughter has been placing a towel just outside its cage. when she gets him out she places him on the towel first. he gets excited and usually does his business then and there. they eat just about anything. fruit, veggies and they really like chicken and turkey.

#5769028 - 01/12/17 04:50 AM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: ack]
amspoker Offline
trapper

Loc: Southeast Ohio
Ha! Cute little fellers.

#5769106 - 01/12/17 07:08 AM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: ack]
l1ranger Offline
trapper

Loc: Shenandoah County, VA
one of the local pet shops had some one year before Christmas one year. we stopped in to check them out, and the lady working pulled one out and she was handing it to me to hold (very nice fur btw)...

Well, the little guy didnt like me too much, and took a short glide out of my hands, and landed rigth on my youngest daughters face....that cured her desire to have one as a pet. i wish i had that on video

#5769125 - 01/12/17 07:22 AM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: ack]
Redknot Offline
trapper

Loc: Tug Hill, NY
Ack, you are doomed...

I have been there and done the "daughters and their pets". When she goes off to college she'll leave you with her horse and cat!! Enjoy ALL of the "new" pets...Your time at home with her will go fast, and the pets left behind are a good reminder of those days...

#5769177 - 01/12/17 08:21 AM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: Redknot]
Lugnut Offline
trapper

Loc: SEPA
Very true Redknot. I am currently caring for one daughter's geriatric Labrador and another daughter's turtle. I'm told the turtle could live another 40-60 years...

#5769226 - 01/12/17 09:12 AM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: Redknot]
ack Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Redknot
Ack, you are doomed...

I have been there and done the "daughters and their pets". When she goes off to college she'll leave you with her horse and cat!! Enjoy ALL of the "new" pets...Your time at home with her will go fast, and the pets left behind are a good reminder of those days...

i told everyone in my family that the only animals we will ever have again are ones we can eat. i called dibs on a wing......

#5769265 - 01/12/17 09:43 AM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: ack]
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper

Loc: Rodney,Ohio
Ack could always threaten to use it for live mink bait if she leaves...

#5769276 - 01/12/17 09:57 AM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: ack]
Redknot Offline
trapper

Loc: Tug Hill, NY
ACK, as many on here already know, you can tell us anything you want, BUT when it comes to your child's happiness,everything you proclaim to us goes out the window... AND rightly so!!

Lug, note to self - no turtles!!

#5769446 - 01/12/17 01:00 PM Re: daughter talked me into a new pet (quick video) [Re: Redknot]
ack Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Redknot
ACK, as many on here already know, you can tell us anything you want, BUT when it comes to your child's happiness,everything you proclaim to us goes out the window... AND rightly so!!

Lug, note to self - no turtles!!

but turtles taste good!